The Kings Challenge (sign ups Closed)

1 hour ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I will not be providing updates for the next 40 days as I will be taking a gaming break during Lent. During this time I will be taking some considerations into my priorities. I may end up closing some of these competitions. I wish everyone the best right now.

Fair enough. Re-evaluating your life is an important thing, especially with something as addictive as gaming. Whatever you decide, I hope it works out for you!

• Like 1

@Squirlruler 

My % to goal says -2% instead of the 9,50% that should appear. I don't mind the error, but it may be something strange with the formula or maybe it's not me who is understanding.

Well, it seems this month I managed to get close to my original PC. I'm really considering reducing my goal to 85% instead of the 90% I have, due to the fact that I will start quite a lot of games this year. Still managing to get around 80% is great. :P 

2 minutes ago, Caju_94 said:

@Squirlruler 

My % to goal says -2% instead of the 9,50% that should appear. I don't mind the error, but it may be something strange with the formula or maybe it's not me who is understanding.

That number is based off your starting stats. So your total % change since the start is -0.19% (80.7 [starting %] -> 80.51 [March Update %]), divided by the amount you want to increase (90 [goal] - 80.7 [starting])

So -0.19 / ( 90 - 80.7) = -2.04%

Lemme know if that clears it up for you :]

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

That number is based off your starting stats. So your total % change since the start is -0.19% (80.7 [starting %] -> 80.51 [March Update %]), divided by the amount you want to increase (90 [goal] - 80.7 [starting])

So -0.19 / ( 90 - 80.7) = -2.04%

Lemme know if that clears it up for you :]

Alright, thanks for the explanation :) 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

I'm a bit confused by the percent to goal.  Can you explain that a bit more?  Not the formula itself per se, but more what that is supposed to mean.

How close you are to your completion goal percent.

IE my goal is to increase my total completion by 10%. I have increased it so far by 2%. This means I am 20% towards my total completion goal.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here are stats as of April 1:

@Ampplaca

Original Starting PCG: 53.67%

March Starting PCG: 56.79%

Current PCG: 55.87%

Month Increase: -.92%

Total Increase: 2.22%

@ArdorTichy

Original Starting PCG: 50.15%

March Starting PCG: 52.1%

Current PCG: 53.29%

Month Increase: 1.19%

Total Increase: 3.14%

@Arctic Cress

Original Starting PCG: 69.95%

March Starting PCG: 69.74%

Current PCG: 69.44%

Month Increase: -0.3%

Total Increase: -0.51%

@Caju_94

Original Starting PCG: 80.7 %

March Starting PCG : 80.51%

Current PCG: 82.92 %

Month Increase: 2.41 %

Total Increase: 2.22 %

@Dinkus83

Original Starting PCG: 40.44 %

March Starting PCG : 41.93%

Current PCG: 42.16 %

Month Increase: 0.23 %

Total Increase: 1.72 %

@Ehilmar

Original Starting PCG: 58.28 %

March Starting PCG : 58.29 %

Current PCG: 58.06 %

Month Increase: -0.23 %

Total Increase: -0.22 %

@Fuzedog_

Original Starting PCG: 66 %

March Starting PCG : 66.85 %

Current PCG: 68.08 %

Month Increase: 1.23 %

Total Increase: 2.08 %

@gazdavis11

Original Starting PCG: 30 %

March Starting PCG : 31.49 %

Current PCG: 32.39 %

Month Increase: 0.9 %

Total Increase: 2.39 %

@HappyGuySmiley

Original Starting PCG: 64.64 %

March Starting PCG : 66.74 %

Current PCG: 67.93 %

Month Increase: 1.19 %

Total Increase: 3.29 %

@kingofbattle8174

Original Starting PCG: 47.5 %

March Starting PCG : 50.74 %

Current PCG: 50.77 %

Month Increase: 0.03 %

Total Increase: 3.27 %

@ladynadiad

Original Starting PCG: 87.2 %

March Starting PCG 90.05 %

Current PCG: 90.60 %

Month Increase: 0.55 %

Total Increase: 3.40 %

@Lagoon Aris

Original Starting PCG: 57.61 %

March Starting PCG 61.16 %

Current PCG: 61.08 %

Month Increase: -0.08 %

Total Increase: 3.47 %

@Psy-Tychist

Original Starting PCG: 57.09 %

March Starting PCG : 58.04 %

Current PCG: 58.69 %

Month Increase: 0.65 %

Total Increase: 1.60 %

@Sofa King

Original Starting PCG: 73.94 %

March Starting PCG : 74.65 %

Current PCG: 74.51 %

Month Increase: -0.14 %

Total Increase: 0.57 %

@Squirlruler

Original Starting PCG: 76.75 %

March Starting PCG : 79.46 %

Current PCG: 80.39 %

Month Increase: 0.93 %

Total Increase: 3.64 %

@VASORAT13

Original Starting PCG: 35.9 %

March Starting PCG : 35.71 %

Current PCG:  35.92%

Month Increase: 0.21 %

Total Increase: 0.02 %

@willythom88

Original Starting PCG: 33.3 %

March Starting PCG : 33.49 %

Current PCG: 33.50 %

Month Increase: 0.01 %

Total Increase: 0.2 %

@xEl_Cidx

Original Starting PCG: 79 %

March Starting PCG : 77.95 %

Current PCG: 78.56 %

Month Increase: 0.61 %

Total Increase: -0.44 %

I removed Percent to Goal from this update since it just seemed to confuse everyone. It's still on the sheet if people want to look it up.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xzJ-oJ23grjZdjtJeqOjxJQuk7YnwmrRK5usJXtuirY/edit?usp=sharing

Congrats to @Caju_94 for biggest monthly increase,  @gazdavis11 for being closest to their goal, and to me for most overall increase (woop woop!)

• Like 4

Niiiice! I just reached 83% last night, and I am really happy with it. I'm quite tempted to start a couple of new games, but I'm grabbing the opportunity and drive to get some platinums. I'm going to be quite busy this week and going on holidays by the end of the month, but I am really hopeful I'll reach at least 85% really easily. 

The objetive is to stabilize a even higher number so that way, I can get closer to the 90% even way easier. :) 

On 02/04/2019 at 1:47 PM, Squirlruler said:

Man, with your current trophy amount gaining anything is an accomplishment haha.

Maybe I should add total trophy points earned to the stats... :hmm:

It's a good idea... So people could understand really the effort they had... My 3% are certainly not the same 3% for anyone... :P 

@Squirlruler

You have been doing really good these last few updates. If you want to take over completely I am more than ok with it. Feel free to add what you want to make it your own. I will still participate. Right now I have a list of about 10 games to finish off my backlog over the next few months. I need to stop playing new games right this second or I am going to keep going backwards again.

7 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

@Squirlruler

You have been doing really good these last few updates. If you want to take over completely I am more than ok with it. Feel free to add what you want to make it your own. I will still participate. Right now I have a list of about 10 games to finish off my backlog over the next few months. I need to stop playing new games right this second or I am going to keep going backwards again.

I wouldn't mind co-chairing with you, or just doing the updates (I like numbers lol), would feel bad for ousting you just because you wanted to respect Lent.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

I wouldn't mind co-chairing with you, or just doing the updates (I like numbers lol), would feel bad for ousting you just because you wanted to respect Lent.

The break helped put things in perspective. For the next long while I really will not have the time. Finally stopping one career and returning back to school this coming summer is going to be hectic and should be my focus. So I need to cut back. You seem to be doing well with this. There is enough interest to keep the event going. I don’t feel bad that you start doing it. Its a small lift off my shoulders.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

The break helped put things in perspective. For the next long while I really will not have the time. Finally stopping one career and returning back to school this coming summer is going to be hectic and should be my focus. So I need to cut back. You seem to be doing well with this. There is enough interest to keep the event going. I don’t feel bad that you start doing it. Its a small lift off my shoulders.

Sounds good. I will keep doing the updates :] This event is helping me do all the old PS3 games I have laying around ?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So this month, I'm going to have a big decrease.

I started Horizon Chase Turbo for an event and also started DriveClub since the servers are shutting down in 2020 (may also buy the DLC Bikes which has a lot of trophies as well). Due to this having 120+ trophies, my percentage decreased between 78~79%. I guess having 90% has a goal starts to be a little difficult for me, I would be quite okay sticking with a goal of 85%.

50 minutes ago, Caju_94 said:

So this month, I'm going to have a big decrease.

I started Horizon Chase Turbo for an event and also started DriveClub since the servers are shutting down in 2020 (may also buy the DLC Bikes which has a lot of trophies as well). Due to this having 120+ trophies, my percentage decreased between 78~79%. I guess having 90% has a goal starts to be a little difficult for me, I would be quite okay sticking with a goal of 85%.

Yea, mine is probably going to be taking a hit as well. Sekiro is absolutely crushing me, and I will be starting a new Vita game. I really need to be true to this event and work on my backlog ?

9 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

Yea, mine is probably going to be taking a hit as well. Sekiro is absolutely crushing me, and I will be starting a new Vita game. I really need to be true to this event and work on my backlog 1f602.png

Mine also took a hit from the Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy and one of the easy games I started so I'd have a plat and not have to hold onto platting CS4 for too long ended up being longer than expected, ugh.

Finally moving back in the right direction. Played a couple easy games to get back in the mode, now I have a few games I am working on. Once these are done move on to the next.

Vita:

Lego Star Wars: 49%

Bonds of the Skies: 90%

Word Search: 64%

Megatagmenstion: 71%

PS4:

Poi: 26%

Onrush: 57%

The Little Acre: 73%

Lost Sphear: 50%

I don't think my % will take too big a hit now... I started 3 new games this month, and I have completed one. I think I will be able to get through most of Borderlands GOTY. Sekiro will probably stay super low % for a while while I git gud (cause I am not gud right now lol). Think I am going to take this time to try to complete some of the older PS3 games, like Lego LOTR and maybe one other(Maybe Singularity or Resistance 2). Just finished the story for LOTR now onto the grind :dance:

• Like 1