Am I the only one who doesn't like JRPGs?

Livingstone7728

On 1/10/2019 at 6:29 AM, TheYuriG said:

A lot of people doesn't like JRPGs. (Final Fantasy, Secret of Mana, Ni No Kuni, etc)

A lot of people doesn't like western RPGs. (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Fallout 4, etc)

A lot of people doesn't like FPS. (Call of Duty, Battlefield, DOOM, Wolfenstein, Halo, etc)

A lot of people doesn't like TPS. (Uncharted, Gears of War, etc)

A lot of people doesn't like MOBAs; (League of Legends, DOTA 2, etc)

A lot of people doesn't like MMOs. (World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy XIV, The Elder Scrolls Online, etc)

A lot of people doesn't like online-only games. (Destiny, Overwatch, Paladins, etc)

A lot of people doesn't like single player games. (Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, Marvel's Spider Man, Detroit: Become Human, etc)

A lot of people doesn't like Last Of Us. (Phil)

A lot of people doesn't like Red Dead Redemption. (A select minority on this website)

A lot of people doesn't like GTA V. (Myself and a few others)

A lot of people doesn't like anime. (Myself and a few others)

A lot of people doesn't like tv shows. (Myself and a few others)

A lot of people doesn't like strawberry icecream. (Myself and a few others)

People are different, that's why there are thousands of games instead of just one that literally every gamer plays.

Fixed it for you.

The one and main problem is when people go on a bitching session on their likes and dislikes.

• Like 2

Looking at your profile, it looks like you prefer the easy and quick grinds to get easy plats, some old games like street of rage, tetris, ducktales and sonic are really easy to do. JRPG's require on average anything from 60-200 hours of gameplay and you need to have a good grind/strategy in these games to complete it. I don't think you gave them a proper chance or even push yourself to go more then an hour or 2 in a game and give up. The tales of sympothia is an old game back from the gamecube, that's 100 hours of grinding and earning the plat on that will take some time. You want to start with tales of berseria, which is a current game and that will take you on average 100-140 hours to complete, the story is very easy to get into and it gets better as you play.

Not everyone will like JRPG's, but unless you really try them, then you will know for certain if you like them or not. Give them a try, most of the UR plat's comes from JRPG's, Dragonball xenoverse, digimon world next order, tales of zestria (defeat the end boss on chaos and over powered, worth it). If you really can't get into them, then move back to games that you do enjoy. I enjoy my JRPG's as I find the grind, and the story better then some western games, I enjoy both western's and JRPG, but I find the JRPG is where it really test the player. I'm quite proud of my plat's, most of them are from JRPG's, because I like a good grind, currently playing FF X, it's a 20 year old game, but it's one hell of a grind to do and the last time I tried a final fantasy series was FF 3 on the snes (1990), I gave up after 2 hours and never played the series since, until recently I decided to give the FF series another try and I realised just how powerful and good of a series it is, just from playing FF X.

On 1/18/2019 at 5:23 AM, ninjagirl657 said:

Looking at your profile, it looks like you prefer the easy and quick grinds to get easy plats, some old games like street of rage, tetris, ducktales and sonic are really easy to do. 

Those games were not that easy.

The 8-bit and 16-bit generation had a lot of very hard, frustrating games, games that most people nowadays wouldn't even attempt to go after.

Final Fantasy 3, if you look past the old game engine and the gaming mechanics, still holds up very well.

On 1/18/2019 at 5:23 AM, ninjagirl657 said:

Not everyone will like JRPG's, but unless you really try them, then you will know for certain if you like them or not. Give them a try, most of the UR plat's comes from JRPG's, Dragonball xenoverse, digimon world next order, tales of zestria (defeat the end boss on chaos and over powered, worth it). If you really can't get into them, then move back to games that you do enjoy. I enjoy my JRPG's as I find the grind, and the story better then some western games, I enjoy both western's and JRPG, but I find the JRPG is where it really test the player. I'm quite proud of my plat's, most of them are from JRPG's, because I like a good grind, currently playing FF X, it's a 20 year old game, but it's one hell of a grind to do and the last time I tried a final fantasy series was FF 3 on the snes (1990), I gave up after 2 hours and never played the series since, until recently I decided to give the FF series another try and I realised just how powerful and good of a series it is, just from playing FF X.

Still, not everyone likes them because they don't appeal to their tastes.

I love platformers, both old and new. I love Metroidvanias and classic compilations. These are purely opinions.

I'm sure a lot of those JRPGs are hard, but they also have a big following much like the Dark Souls games have a big following even though they are still tough.

I am from the c64 generation, to me personally I found them easy to do. I remember the days where you couldn't save and have to play the game in one sitting. just my personal opinion on them, as I have completed them before. That's why I find them easy, but it's different with each gamer, as one gamer may see it as an easy plat, while the other find it hard. I've been gaming for 30 years, so the oldies aren't that difficult sometimes, well apart from FF X at the moment, and a few others. So I do agree their are some hard ones, but people will play the oldies, I got wonder boy: the dragon trap to play at some point. I do have the mini snes, and plan on doing the FF 3 someday.

I agree that not everybody will like JRPG's, that's why I suggested to try a different game and see how it goes. If you still don't like it, no loss and move on to games/genre's you do enjoy. In the end we will play what we enjoy, some JRPG's can be hard but not always, it's just a grindfest. I believe any game can be plat, it just require patience, luck, good grind and plenty of spare controllers. LOL.