WTF with this game

Hekyus

It's been a while since i started playing it and i noticed some weirds things.

First, when i'm playing there are some lines on the screen that i don't know why (you can see it better on the first image)

Spoiler

IMG-20190107-005419838.jpg

IMG-20190107-005448208.jpg

Also there's a strange sound when i'm seeing the map, like a continuously beep, just when i'm on the map

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Hekyus said:

It's been a while since i started playing it and i noticed some weirds things.

First, when i'm playing there are some lines on the screen that i don't know why (you can see it better on the first image)

Hide contents

IMG-20190107-005419838.jpg

IMG-20190107-005448208.jpg

Also there's a strange sound when i'm seeing the map, like a continuously beep, just when i'm on the map

I don't know about the first but the beeping whilst on the map was an issue caused by the port.
What i found out was it only happens when you have the radio on and then pause it keeps stuttering but when if you turn the radio off and pause it doesn't happen.

Edited by Martain2
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Martain2 said:

The PS3 version was a port of the mobile version but the PS4 version is just the same (with a few songs removed) as the PS2 edition.

I bought both copies when they first released

i thought i played/started the ps4 version but it might have been ps3

all i remember is that it didnt look or play that great so i shelved it

Edited by Property_Damage

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This game is definitely not stable/formatted well for the PS4. Cars disappear and reappear (sometimes as different cars) right in front of my eyes and within driving distance. Some of the traffic is overly aggressive on highways/interstates, and drives very erratic in San Fierro. 

Just now, my CJ just got frozen next to a car when doing a mission for Wooziest. The rest of my functions on my controller worked fine besides moving, so I had to quit out and lose mission progress. 

• 1 month later...

Them line are screen tearing. It's a result of a poor port and difference in the gap between technological advances. It would have to be remade to fix the issues.You notice PS3 version doesn't have that issue.

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/3/2019 at 3:27 AM, KoeichiHero said:

This game is definitely not stable/formatted well for the PS4. Cars disappear and reappear (sometimes as different cars) right in front of my eyes and within driving distance. Some of the traffic is overly aggressive on highways/interstates, and drives very erratic in San Fierro. 

Just now, my CJ just got frozen next to a car when doing a mission for Wooziest. The rest of my functions on my controller worked fine besides moving, so I had to quit out and lose mission progress. 

Pretty sure that was the same on the PS2 version.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 4/2/2019 at 10:27 PM, KoeichiHero said:

All of this happened back in 2004 as well. Game can’t always handle too many vehicles on screen. Refresh rates are often as they are in the 3D trilogy. Traffic on highways were always ridiculous, sporadic, fast, and annoying like back when I was 7 too. 

As for OP: I’ve had the lines and weird pause menu noises since I bought the game back in 2016. Unfortunately as people before me pointed out, this isn’t the best port. Probably the worse quality one of the 3D trilogy for PS4. 

• 1 month later...

I had no issues with the ps3 version that I recall.  I was going to play this after I plat VC and GTA III but after reading above comments I think I may get myself into a giant glitchfest if I play this ...  So I probably wont bother with the headache.  Out of curiosity, the glitches and messes of this ps4 port happens to everyone?

Edited by BemusedNContused

I have actually heard the ps3/360 version is way glitcher then the ps4 port. All the ps4 version is the ps2 version upscaled for ps4 with trophies of course. So i believe if any glitches were in the ps2 version will be present in the ps4 version still. I have played the ps3 version on a offline account and lost all my progress because i played a 4 hour session without saving and just locked at a black screen, bad framerate issues, everything looks too shiny, and having more of a mobile interface because the ps3 version was based on that. If you made it through the ps3 version you will be relieve to see the ps4 version is better. But as others have said ps2 on ps4 games all of them from what i play or seen have horrible framerate and aren't as up scaled as could be. But still better than the ps3 version. 

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
15 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Is the PS3 version really that bad? 

I actually heard the exact opposite about this game: PS4 is just a lazy PS2 port and PS3 is kind of remastered, since it is a port of the mobile version, which got actually enhanced a little bit. 

I cannot tell you about the PS3 ver. but i can't see how it could be worse than this.

If you ask me, the PS4 version it's just poorly made port (this and all the trilogy, GTA3 and VC), it's not remastered in any way.

I played the PS3 version(Disc), after escaping Los Santis to the countryside my game froze during the mission where you have to photograph the dead witness which corrupted my save file forcing me to start over. Also the audio would randomly cut out at times for no reason.

This was my only real issue however, when I played through again I had no more freezes or noticeable bugs apart from the audio thing.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...