Free PS4 version

JFthebestJan

12 minutes ago, JFthebestJan said:

This month has 'Amplitude' as a PS+ freebie for PS3, but you can get this for PS4 as well! No matter if you have a PS3 or not, simply get the game via a web browser of your choice. Afterwards go into the PS store on your PS4 and search for 'Amplitude', it'll show you the PS4 version of the game. Just download it, there you go. Best thing about it, the game won't have an expiration date like other PS+ games xD

Wish I had known this yesterday. My plus expired today and I decided not to renew until there is a game I want. Oh well, lol, hopefully I can still do it when I renew given purchased the game on plus before mine expired. 

Edit: just got it free. Seemingly you don't need plus at all. 

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Since no one's mentioned it (always cute when people aren't aware of how Cross Buy works...maybe Sony should have marketed it a bit more, or at all), so long as you grabbed the PS3 version while it was on Plus, it does not matter when you go to grab the PS4 version.

The way these things with Plus work is you get your license, in this case, for the PS3 version, and that will expire as soon as your Plus sub ends. Most Cross Buy games are one store listing, just with separate downloads, but many, like this game, are not. Therefore, the PS4 version is listed as an entirely separate game.

Buuuut, it IS still Cross Buy, so buying one will get you the other one for free, the only thing is, as they are listed separately, you must "buy" the free one too. Keeping up?

Basically, so long as you have Plus, you will maintain your license to the PS3 version, having that license, will grant you the ability to purchase the PS4 version for the princely sum of nothing. The fun part, is when you buy the PS4 version it will count as a new purchase, so you will *actually* own the PS4 version, which in turn, means you *actually* own the PS3 version, and are no longer just renting it from PS+.

Mercenary Kings, Hotline Miami, Resogun, Oddworld, and so on, are multiple games where one version has been included on Plus, but that one version unlocked another version (in some cases, another version that wasn't initially available at time of hitting Plus), which could be "bought" and then added to your account.

On 1/10/2019 at 2:01 PM, thefourfoldroot said:

Wish I had known this yesterday. My plus expired today and I decided not to renew until there is a game I want. Oh well, lol, hopefully I can still do it when I renew given purchased the game on plus before mine expired. 

Edit: just got it free. Seemingly you don't need plus at all. 

Just curious. Did you lose all the games you already had from Ps+ 

Also... If you join again would you have access to those games that you had in the past? Or would you have to start from scratch?

8 minutes ago, SuchRemorse said:

Just curious. Did you lose all the games you already had from Ps+ 

Also... If you join again would you have access to those games that you had in the past? Or would you have to start from scratch?

Yes, yes, no.

You lose access to the games. If you renew your sub, you gain access to all other games. 

48 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

Yes, yes, no.

You lose access to the games. If you renew your sub, you gain access to all other games. 

Wait.. So if you let your account expire and then you re new it lets say 2 months later. You gain back all the games you already had in the past? Or they are gone?

1 hour ago, SuchRemorse said:

Wait.. So if you let your account expire and then you re new it lets say 2 months later. You gain back all the games you already had in the past? Or they are gone?

Yes, that's right. You get them again. They are not deleted from your library (I don't even think Sony has the means to remove a game you "buy" for "free"), you just lose licensing priveledges if don't have plus. 

• Like 2