Getting shot while trying to achieve online trophies?

IntroPhenom

I didn't see this is a title of the other threads for this game, and wanted to ask about it. A friend told me he's having no luck with online trophies, because every time he logs on some jerk just shoots him in the head, despite him not looking for a gun fight, and it kills his progress.  How difficult is it to trophy hunt the online trophies without interruption?

Those players who constantly shoot other players for no reason are called griefers.
I was bottered by this in the beginning as well, but it got better after I was able (in money and level) to buy my favorite repeater of choice, and I upgraded that one to the max as well.
Since then if anyone tries to shoot me, it is usually he he gets killed. Not me.

8 hours ago, jjmello23 said:

Does anyone know if there is a way to start a private session like GTA?

Yes, somehow I managed to get into an empty server when I did my online trophies back when online started. The map was empty and I could do whatever I wanted. I don't remember how though, was by accident 

To be honest it's kinda what the games about, it should be very much expected, same goes for GTA Online. Just try to work around it, it's how the game is. Always expect gunfights, expect people to be going around trying to just kill/annoy other players in the session, that type of behaviour is very much the core of what this game teaches you.

I'm not one for R* online components personally, I don't think the games really lend themselves that well to an online play environment with real people (aside from maybe RP, I must admit RP stuff looks interesting in online sandboxes). The main issue is it's neither competitive nor cooperative play, it's basically applying a deeply individualistic sandbox environment to a shared world, and that's what ends up as the result, just mindless chaos and encouraged 'harassment' (I don't really wanna use the word because it's not ACTUAL harassment as in bullying or anything, but I'm sure you follow what I mean, feel free to suggest better wording).

R* online do have matchmaking options for competitive or cooperative play (your typical deathmatches or missions) but they often just feel like mini games to the experience because the game isn't designed around mechanics suited to that type of gameplay structure, it's first and foremost a sandbox experience, considered by many to be the king of its genre, it's not made for serious competitive deathmatches or a deep gameplay experience and mission structure in its cooperative elements.

On 1/11/2019 at 11:25 AM, JohnCenaSong- said:

To be honest it's kinda what the games about, it should be very much expected, same goes for GTA Online. Just try to work around it, it's how the game is. Always expect gunfights, expect people to be going around trying to just kill/annoy other players in the session, that type of behaviour is very much the core of what this game teaches you.

I'm not one for R* online components personally, I don't think the games really lend themselves that well to an online play environment with real people (aside from maybe RP, I must admit RP stuff looks interesting in online sandboxes). The main issue is it's neither competitive nor cooperative play, it's basically applying a deeply individualistic sandbox environment to a shared world, and that's what ends up as the result, just mindless chaos and encouraged 'harassment' (I don't really wanna use the word because it's not ACTUAL harassment as in bullying or anything, but I'm sure you follow what I mean, feel free to suggest better wording).

R* online do have matchmaking options for competitive or cooperative play (your typical deathmatches or missions) but they often just feel like mini games to the experience because the game isn't designed around mechanics suited to that type of gameplay structure, it's first and foremost a sandbox experience, considered by many to be the king of its genre, it's not made for serious competitive deathmatches or a deep gameplay experience and mission structure in its cooperative elements.

I don't think it's fair to say getting repeatedly shot in the head while trying to fish is what RDR2 is about, but I do get your points.  For someone who's expecting to play it some day, and wouldn't want to be constantly dueling unless there to duel, I'd love to see a patch that has 'can't kill/can't be killed' functionality for multi-player, so folks who want to roam the countryside in peace can.

Edited by IntroPhenom
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

I don't think it's fair to say getting repeatedly shot in the head while trying to fish is what RDR2 is about, but I do get your points.  For someone who's expecting to play it some day, and wouldn't want to be constantly dueling unless there to duel, I'd love to see a patch that has 'can't be/can't be killed' functionality for multi-player, so folks who want to roam the countryside in peace can.

a passive mode and I will really look into the online mode. my experience so far was so worse it kicked rdr2 out of my personal best of 2018 list. two friends of mine didn't even touched the online part, which is really sad because we were all looking forward to it :-/

dreaming of chilling poker games, fishing, hunting and sometimes diving into some team deathmatch or something. maybe we expected just too much

The strategy I use is when I go to Free Roam, is to jump in a certain part of the world where I don't want to be.
Becasue the game always seem to put you in a server where your start location if full of other people. Once I am in the online part I manuvrate myself out of the player area and I go somewhere else on the map. Where there are no other players. That way I can fish in peace. Alone or with online friends.

It know for sure is quite annoying to get shot constantly or other players, somethimes in groups, that constanly try to hogtie you when you are minding your own buisness. With that hogtying the parly system also does not get activated becasue they don't kill you. They just make sure you can't do anything. If that happens best way is to exit the online part and join again on a new server. Unfortunatly there is no friendly/privatelobbies at this time.

They do are working on a update to show players later, that you need to be closer by. But I don't see how that is gonna help with the griefers that constantly lasso other players and prevent them from playing.

Edited by NL_Sion