A Question about PS3 Trophies

Thornhorn7

I'm thinking about getting a PS3, and I have no experience whatsoever with the console.

Can I sign into the PS3 with my PS4 psn account and still have all my trophy progress? And if I gain any trophies on PS3, can they be transferred between consoles so they show up on my PS4?

Thanks to anyone who replies!

On 1/11/2019 at 7:18 PM, thepeaguy said:

Avoid ps3 online trophies like the plague. Their servers will shut down in a couple of years' time.

A couple of years is enough time to get in some good gaming sessions.. Just stick to the shorter games. Don't play things that require let's say 1000 + hours. Or anything that requires a bunch of people to be online at once. If it's something like a co op session or something. Go for it. :)

Yep, your account is shared between all your Sony consoles. Anything you do on your PS3, PS4 or PS Vita can be synced into your account.

There are many great games on PS3 and they are considerably cheap nowadays so you have quite a library of games to choose from. Be mindful though, that some early PS3 games don't have trophies. Some of those titles got patched with trophy support but not all of them. It's only a small portion of early titles and you will find that most of them come with trophies.

Also, as people mentioned above, be careful with some of the online trophies since servers for many games have been going offline as of lately. There is also a very small selection of games that have hackers that could auto-pop trophies while you are online and that could potentially ruin your profile as per the rules site.

Other than that, enjoy the treasure trove of games that you will find there. If anything, stick with single player games and game on :D

• 4 months later...

Yep! Your PS4 account will work on your PS3 and if you ever get the PS Vita handheld you can use your account on there with no problems as well! Once you sign in you can sync your trophies by going to your profile. You can check your progress on any system. :)

Have fun with the PS3! It's a great console with tons of stuff to work on, you can't get bored. xD