Resident Evil 2 Remake Demo

ResidentDarrell

Hello everyone this is Residentdarrell, host of The Loot Bros Podcast which can be found on iTunes, Cast Box, Stitcher, and Google Play. I am super excited about the Resident Evil 2 Remake and want to gauge fans impressions of the RE 2 demo that will be released on Jan 11th. I will be sharing this feedback on my podcast so please feel free to give you thoughts and criticisms. I am looking forward to hearing from all of you as I cant wait to play this game myself. 

34 minutes ago, ResidentDarrell said:

Hello everyone this is Residentdarrell, host of The Loot Bros Podcast which can be found on iTunes, Cast Box, Stitcher, and Google Play. I am super excited about the Resident Evil 2 Remake and want to gauge fans impressions of the RE 2 demo that will be released on Jan 11th. I will be sharing this feedback on my podcast so please feel free to give you thoughts and criticisms. I am looking forward to hearing from all of you as I cant wait to play this game myself. 

I'll keep this succinct: Real. Fucking. Excited.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

I'll keep this succinct: Real. Fucking. Excited.

Same here! Its like Christmas for me, I wont be able to sleep tonight LOL

Keep me posted, I cant freaking wait.

12 minutes ago, Strike-Runner said:

It’s about to go down. 

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

File size is 7.9GB for those wondering.

19 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

It was already released 1 hour ago on PSN (EU)

Very cool

Controls felt alot better/smoother than i expected. Demo looks and sounds great. Only got to try the handgun (Matilda) and it seems alright, can kill a zombie in 2 shots if both are headshots. Not sure if you can get another weapon in the demo. Only encountered zombies and no other enemy but they all looked different which is a nice touch. No longer only 4-5 skins for the zombies.

Still love the limited inventory space (8 slots for Leon at start) and kinda wish they didn't add ways to get more, but the trophies of the game suggest that you can increase it.

Was real excited to get my hands on the full game before the demo, but now i just can't wait. Might actually start another account to try the demo for another 30 minutes.

Edited by Quink666

1 hour ago, Quink666 said:

Controls felt alot better/smoother than i expected. Demo looks and sounds great. Only got to try the handgun (Matilda) and it seems alright, can kill a zombie in 2 shots if both are headshots. Not sure if you can get another weapon in the demo. Only encountered zombies and no other enemy but they all looked different which is a nice touch. No longer only 4-5 skins for the zombies.

Still love the limited inventory space (8 slots for Leon at start) and kinda wish they didn't add ways to get more, but the trophies of the game suggest that you can increase it.

Was real excited to get my hands on the full game before the demo, but now i just can't wait. Might actually start another account to try the demo for another 30 minutes.

Oh man that is exciting. I have 2 accounts, and my Xbox account so I will try it more than once

2 hours ago, Quink666 said:

You can get a shotgun in the demo as well. Also, they let you increase your inventory slots in the original game so I'm okay with them letting you do this in the remake.

1 hour ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

You can get a shotgun in the demo as well. Also, they let you increase your inventory slots in the original game so I'm okay with them letting you do this in the remake.

Totally forgot about the side packs. Remember my brother unlocking inf launcher for me so i almost never picked them up. Have to try the demo on a new acc and see if i can find the shotgun. I went sightseeing to much in my 30 minutes =/

Unfortunately the 30 minutes were few to do whatever. I was able to pick up the shotgun, increase the inventory, and pick up the blue heart-shaped key. anyway I was satisfied with this demo, have enough puzzles a bit like it happened on the ps1 version

2 more weeks baby :D 

Even though I messed around a lot I still managed to beat it with seven minutes to go. I managed to find the blue key and get the extra inventory slot. I found shotgun shells but not the shotgun itself so I didn't really know where to look for that. I assume I could have also figured out the unicorn statue puzzle but I was worried I would have ran out of time so I just went back to the guy in the main hall.

Still it seems promising. The detail on the character animations and the gore is something else. I guess the game is also going to do that thing where it kind of blends in cutscenes with gameplay because I didn't realize you were supposed to pull that one officer through the door until I realized he was struggling for several seconds. So it's kind of funny to think he died because I didn't realize you were supposed to pull on the left stick :P

graphics were beautiful controls were fine but I felt like I was playing RE6. Headshots landing killing blows seem random (not unlike the originals), sometimes it would take 2 shots other times it could take up to 5 headshots. The damage to the ghouls is a nice touch though. I will leave it on gamefly to give the full game a chance, while I did not get the feel of RE 2 from the demo it was not a bad experience. Not sure if I will buy Re-Imagained 2 yet but if I do then it will be after a complete edition (like Capcom always seems to do with their RE titles).

I did not get the inventory upgrade (i did see it though) but i did get the shotgun. Are you able to fight the licker or is just a window dressing? I might download on one of my other accounts to try it again and see what I can do different.

Edited by Void

It was great overall, graphics are pretty good, controls feel fine as well. Atmosphere feels like Resident Evil; I cant compare much more since I havent played the original RE 2.

Though I agree I didnt found as satisfying the handgun headshots, they took about 3-5 shots and even then they may rise up again after some time, im a bit confused about this mechanic but I thought it was just because the demo was on a higher difficulty or something.

The shotgun though, ripped the zombies apart. I found it in the weapons locker using a keycard I found (in the press room I guess?);  I also found the upgrade pouch and lots of ammo, herbs, sprays and wooden planks to block windows. I couldnt finish the demo since I messed around too much exploring every room, I was kicked around the library (almost at the end).

The game looks really promising! I explored quite a bit and still had time to spare. The only thing I find a bit off is the running (for me personally), but that's a small kink and really not a big deal. Although with one zombie, I kid you not, it took 8 headshots to put that sucker down. Having the knife helps a lot though when you finally get them down.

Overall the atmosphere feels really nice, loved roaming the dark hallways and having no idea what's going to happen next. Loved it! Can't wait. :)