PLATINUM TROPHY MIGHT GET UNOBTAINABLE IN NEXT PATCH.

Extratenzy

So... If you haven't known already. The next patch for Paladins (A.K.A 2.01) will release in the 16th of January. The patch is a very huge patch for Paladins and one of the major changes they're doing is that they're removing 1 talent from every champion making it that every champion will have 3 talents only instead of 4. 

With that being said, the Master Collector trophy might go unobtainable due to the fact that every champion will only have 2 talents to unlock. Why you ask that? Because even with the new champion releasing with the next patch they're gonna be 40 champions. x2 that's 80. and the trophy needs 100 talents and if you have all of em you'll still need 20 others. Oh and Default talents don't count for the trophy so yeah. 

PS: I was gonna try and say this earlier but i couldn't so sorry if i'm late. Anyway GL for everyone trying and yeah, Who knows... maybe the trophy will still be obtainable after the patch. We'll see.

But for now try and grind your asses off ASAP.

EDIT: Master Collector is still obtainable after the 2.01 patch, and even takes way less time. I think default talents now count towards the progress of your trophy so if you level up every champion at level 2 (which is extremely cheap just for 3000 coins) you'll already be at 80/100. Thank god Hi-Rez didn't fuck this up.

Edited by SniperEliteDido
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, skateak said:

I am more concerned about what talents they are taking. They already ruined Drogoz for me. If they ruin the other two people I have been playing as, I am so done, haha.

I hear that. I stopped playing cause they keep ruining characters. I don't know if it's an attempt to sell the new characters or what but it's effin annoying. You know the games in a bad place when tanks aren't even worth playing anymore.

3 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

Paladins has been good about updating trophies in the past. I'm not worried. 

So with this, do you think they’ll change the trophy requirements for it? Maybe reduce it to 50 cards instead? I think that’ll be a fair change. 

5 hours ago, skateak said:

I am more concerned about what talents they are taking. They already ruined Drogoz for me. If they ruin the other two people I have been playing as, I am so done, haha.

They took out Reign of Terror and buffed W.Y.R.M Jets to the point where Drogoz can literally fly forever. Wyrm jets is really fucking good now and Drogoz mains will finally be satisfied with 3 good talents to choose from (Fusilide, Combustible and Wyrm jets)

2 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

So with this, do you think they’ll change the trophy requirements for it? Maybe reduce it to 50 cards instead? I think that’ll be a fair change. 

What are you saying? Tanks are currently at their strongest in this Meta. Look at Khan, Makoa, Fernando, Terminus and Inara. 

The Burst meta will be completely dead in the next patch because they're also removing all CC built-in cards as well as Cauterize and Reveal cards for every champion. 

You will also have the option to buy more than one item in a category. But yeah buying 2 items in one category is really gonna be insane... Like, imagine having cauterize and wrecker at the same time.

Also, if anyone wants to check the patch notes for 2.01: https://www.paladins.com/news/2-01-update-notes-fire-and-ice

It's probably the biggest Paladins patch it has ever had so yeah you'll read a lot of stuff.

6 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

Paladins has been good about updating trophies in the past. I'm not worried. 

They have been buggy a lot. and Hi-Rez/Evil Mojo are really good at creating bugs :P. the Champion of the Realm trophy is still bugged till this day. the one that requires you to have 4 or 6 characters or whatever at level 5.

5 hours ago, SniperEliteDido said:

They took out Reign of Terror and buffed W.Y.R.M Jets to the point where Drogoz can literally fly forever. Wyrm jets is really fucking good now and Drogoz mains will finally be satisfied with 3 good talents to choose from (Fusilide, Combustible and Wyrm jets)

What are you saying? Tanks are currently at their strongest in this Meta. Look at Khan, Makoa, Fernando, Terminus and Inara. 

The Burst meta will be completely dead in the next patch because they're also removing all CC built-in cards as well as Cauterize and Reveal cards for every champion. 

You will also have the option to buy more than one item in a category. But yeah buying 2 items in one category is really gonna be insane... Like, imagine having cauterize and wrecker at the same time.

Also, if anyone wants to check the patch notes for 2.01: https://www.paladins.com/news/2-01-update-notes-fire-and-ice

It's probably the biggest Paladins patch it has ever had so yeah you'll read a lot of stuff.

I was talking about the requirements for the 100 cards trophy. Not sure how this relates to my question to be honest. 

@SniperEliteDido Back in the day, tanks were the backbone of the team (the way it should be IMO) but they nerfed them all... Hard. Even if they are still important to the meta, they're NOTHING like they used to be. Ever since they replaced Payload with TDM, it's just been a gradual change to a more casual play style. I played a match the other day where my team had no tanks and the other team had two and we won... That never would've happened back before the across the board tank nerfs.

There was a long period of time where the "I only play damage / flank" players were constantly whining about Tanks being too good and it just led to nerf after nerf, not giving a crap about Tank mains. Torvald is the golden boy of this complaint, he is an absolute shell of his former glory.

And I know he's not a tank, but don't even get me started on the Bomb King nerfs. When he could fly, he was an absolute blast to play... Now he's just another boring damage dealer lol.

Edit - I should throw in that I love Paladins and this isn't me trying to bad mouth it. I'm just not crazy about the direction they went with some things.

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 1

On 1/10/2019 at 7:05 PM, skateak said:

Well they ruined the game in the PC beta for me by making it into what it is now. It used to be unique and fun, the lower time to kill made for intense skirmishes against the opposing team instead of a spamfest of garbage like 99% of games made today. But when I went to give it a second chance, when it came out on Steam they had removed Ying for some reason and I was like, fine Hi-Rez. If you don't want me to play the game, I won't. And they probably ruined her while she was removed so why bother.

Hirez likes to ruin everything, so have fun waiting for that. They ruined Smite for me too.

1 hour ago, LittleBlueMacaw said:

Title got me a little worried there. Good thing I already have the Master Collector trophy, phew~

Even if they don't patch the trophy, wouldn't it be obtainable again regardless if they keep adding more heroes?

true, but Evil Mojo said that there's gonna be 45 champions by the end of this year. and that will make you at 90/100 of the progress. Unless they change the trophy requirement.

1 hour ago, KingGuy420 said:

@SniperEliteDido Back in the day, tanks were the backbone of the team (the way it should be IMO) but they nerfed them all... Hard. Even if they are still important to the meta, they're NOTHING like they used to be. Ever since they replaced Payload with TDM, it's just been a gradual change to a more casual play style. I played a match the other day where my team had no tanks and the other team had two and we won... That never would've happened back before the across the board tank nerfs.

There was a long period of time where the "I only play damage / flank" players were constantly whining about Tanks being too good and it just led to nerf after nerf, not giving a crap about Tank mains. Torvald is the golden boy of this complaint, he is an absolute shell of his former glory.

And I know he's not a tank, but don't even get me started on the Bomb King nerfs. When he could fly, he was an absolute blast to play... Now he's just another boring damage dealer lol.

Edit - I should throw in that I love Paladins and this isn't me trying to bad mouth it. I'm just not crazy about the direction they went with some things.

Hey, i agree with all that.

i know BK's old Accelerant talent was a bomb shell to play with. but still. You can spend some points in his Poppy bomb cards to try and make him mobile and stuff. i know its not as good as it was but hey, tbh it was kinda OP to just fly from spawn to the enemies base with it. they just nerfed it hard which was the problem.

and tbh, a Tank is still the backbone of the team. Just not as much as Supports imo because if you lose your Supports you're losing all heals which results to the team getting wiped out easily. 

Though, i wanna say in order for a game to stay relevant and active you gotta change in it somehow. But yeah considering most Flanks in this current meta are trash (the only good ones imo: Andro, Evie and maybe Skye sometimes) is really sad. 

I cant see any problem though with balancing Tanks as every one of em has really unique abillities from the other unlike most damages for example where its of Cassie's or Lian's abillities because its just another burst on them. 

and actually... BK is still fun to play with its just that his skill gap and reward balancing isn't working for him. he requires alot of skill but doesn't get that much of a value. thats the problem with him really.

and the fact that you won against a team that had 2 tanks while your team had none doesn't mean anything at all because its casual and casual players are average or below average like 99% of the time (no offense). The only way to play the game with the current meta correctly is by playing in high tier Ranked matches. like Diamond and Masters and GM. Because you draft with counter play and knowledge about the meta.

and Believe me, extremely rarely do i see a team with 1 tank beat the other team who have 2 tanks in Ranked. And thats coming from someone who played over 1100 ranked matches this season alone.

2 hours ago, Dr-Hi-Rez said:

It will stille be obtaineble because they will release more heroes and if not they will patch it.

there will be 45 champions by the end of the year. x2 that's 90 talents to unlock. which you will be stuck at 90/100.

i don't think Hi-Rez is the best for Bug fixes or trophy fixes. They have a shit ton of bugs and more shit to take actual care of rather than trophies at this time. They still haven't even fixed the "Champion of the Realm" trophy properly since this day it's still buggy as shit. 

They probably will patch it but they might not as well considering it's Hi-Rez after all. So why keep hoping and actually finish off your last talents to unlock? 

PS: it's too late for anyone to get this trophy anyway if they're just starting. Unless you played Paladins before sometime in April 2018 you will have the trophy auto-popped. But for those who need 20 talents or so only you should get back to the grind.

Also not sure if you're a dev or just with that name :P 

@SniperEliteDido I definitely see both side of what we're saying. I just always thought tanks were in such a good place before. And at that time, they were relatively balanced. I wouldn't point to any one and say it was the best tank. They didn't need nerfs.

Not to mention, there's nothing more annoying than playing Fernando with an 8 second cooldown shield for 400+ hours, getting my rotation flawless, and then them changing it to a 12 second. That's a 50% increase. A 50% increase on his most important tool is ridiculous. Hell, a 50% nerf on anything... in any game, is a ridiculous nerf lol.

Edited by KingGuy420

the Champion of the Realm trophy is not bugged.

Aside from this, we will see. If they reduce the amount of talents required (100 to 50) or PUT THE OPTION TO BUY THE GOLD this will be good. If not... fuck them. I'm not in the mood to play Paladins for 300 hours just for 1 single trophy. I have other games to play.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 2:11 AM, APCGrayLocked said:

Aside from this, we will see. If they reduce the amount of talents required (100 to 50) or PUT THE OPTION TO BUY THE GOLD this will be good. If not... fuck them. I'm not in the mood to play Paladins for 300 hours just for 1 single trophy. I have other games to play.

I’m also hoping for them to reduce the it to 50 cards as well. Only have 44/100 so far and I’ve missed the pre-patch train myself. If not, then I’m ok with not getting this :platinum:. We’ll see this week. 

Edit: now I’m up to 65/100 thanks to the new update. Still have a ways to go. 

Edited by kidson2004

3 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

It is bugged, i had more than 15 champions at level 5+ when i got the trophy. the progress for the trophy in the awards section doesn't register most of the times. 

And it is known to be buggy, so it wasn't just me.

There's a big difference between a trophy being unobtainable and bugged