PLATINUM TROPHY MIGHT GET UNOBTAINABLE IN NEXT PATCH.

Extratenzy

8 hours ago, SniperEliteDido said:

It is bugged, i had more than 15 champions at level 5+ when i got the trophy. the progress for the trophy in the awards section doesn't register most of the times. 

And it is known to be buggy, so it wasn't just me.

There's a big difference between a trophy being unobtainable and bugged

It’s bugged for some as I got it with no problem. Sucks that it’s still happening to you and everyone else that’s affected. 

I'm a bit skeptical about them changing the trophy requirements, because this has been my experience with Paladins/HiRez support so far:

To provide context first, I started the game in May 2018 with a group of people because a friend of mine wanted to boost the game on his new profile since it was really easy. He checked each trophy and saw several people were still unlocking them pretty regularly. Long story short, none of us had any idea about the update that affected Master Collector. Imagine our dismay when we found out it would take 100+ hours to unlock the necessary amount of talent cards.

So I and the others contacted Support multiple times to bring awareness to this issue. We explained what was going on and how it was also unfair that people were earning this trophy for free just because they happened to play the game at least once before the update launched. Even people who never made it past the title screen got the trophy automatically. I even asked that, if nothing else, they could make it easier to unlock the talent cards, that would be just fine. HiRez responded basically the same way every time with "We are aware of this issue, and I have forwarded it to the development team to work on a solution." Typical corporate jargon.

The only thing they've changed? In the Awards menu under Profile, the challenge now says "Unlock 100 talents" instead of "Unlock 100 cards", even though the trophy itself hasn't had its text changed.

So what this suggests to me is that the developers couldn't care less, or if they do, something like this is near the bottom of their list of priorities. Playing on and off, I've managed to get to 62 talent cards since our initial boosting session. If they change the trophy requirements (which I have seen done by Blizzard for Overwatch, so it can be done) to make it easier, then great. I'll accept that. If not... well, then my dreams of having a perfect profile may be ruined. At least for a long time. Even if I took the next two days off of work to play the game with few breaks and little sleep, it still wouldn't be enough to reach 100 before the update.

At this point, all we can really do is hope for the best... but I'm not too optimistic based on my previous experiences with HiRez. Damn this Poor-Man's-Overwatch™.

Edited by SlyForeigner
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, SlyForeigner said:

I'm a bit skeptical about them changing the trophy requitements, because this has been my experience with Paladins/HiRez support so far:

To provide context first, I started the game in May 2018 with a group of people because a friend of mine wanted to boost the game on his new profile since it was really easy. He checked each trophy and saw several people were still unlocking them pretty regularly. Long story short, none of us had any idea about the update that affected Master Collector. Imagine our dismay when we found out it would take 100+ hours to unlock the necessary amount of talent cards.

So I and the others contacted Support multiple times to bring awareness to this issue. We explained what was going on and how it was also unfair that people were earning this trophy for free just because they happened to play the game at least once before the update launched. Even people who never made it past the title screen got the trophy automatically. I even asked that, if nothing else, they could make it easier to unlock the talent cards, that would be just fine. HiRez responded basically the same way every time with "We are aware of this issue, and I have forwarded it to the development team to work on a solution." Typical corporate jargon.

The only thing they've changed? In the Awards menu under Profile, the challenge now says "Unlock 100 talents" instead of "Unlock 100 cards", even though the trophy itself hasn't had its text changed.

So what this suggests to me is that the developers couldn't care less, or if they do, something like this is near the bottom of their list of priorities. Playing on and off, I've managed to get to 62 talent cards since our initial boosting session. If they change the trophy requirements (which I have seen done by Blizzard for Overwatch, so it can be done) to make it easier, then great. I'll accept that. If not... well, then my dreams of having a perfect profile may be ruined. At least for a long time. Even if I took the next two days off of work to play the game with few breaks and little sleep, it still wouldn't be enough to reach 100 before the update.

At this point, all we can really do is hope for the best... but I'm not too optimistic based on my previous experiences with HiRez. Damn this Poor-Man's-Overwatch2122.png.

this is what i'm trying to say, Hi-Rez are known for their bugs and shit. i wouldn't get too optimistic that they're gonna fix this just right when the update goes live.

Besides, the community has been talking shit about Hi-Rez with their many many gameplay bugs in the game since a lot of time and now they're taking a step further to try on focusing to fix them. So they probably won't care about someone's trophy.

So, I just read through the patch notes relevant to this topic and I discovered something interesting. It's saying that if you buy the new season pass ($40, yikes), all talent cards will be unlocked automatically for all time. If they don't end up lowering the trophy requirements, this could be an alternative option. All you'd need to do is buy the season pass if you can stomach the cost, and whenever they have 50 total heroes in the game, all you'd need to do is log in once. It would take a while, and it is entirely dependent on the game still running and being active by then, but it's better than nothing I guess.

Also, after doing some digging, I found an intriguing speculation from someone on Reddit. They suggested that there is a possibility that the first talent card that everyone has by default may end up counting now after the rework launches. There is no evidence to support this idea or reason to believe it will happen, but it's something that we should keep in mind. I figured I'd mention it anyway. Regardless, all we can do is wait and see what happens tomorrow.

Edited by SlyForeigner

23 hours ago, SlyForeigner said:

I'm a bit skeptical about them changing the trophy requirements, because this has been my experience with Paladins/HiRez support so far:

At this point, all we can really do is hope for the best... but I'm not too optimistic based on my previous experiences with HiRez. Damn this Poor-Man's-Overwatch2122.png.

And that friend said "It's easy, only going to take 8 hours" ??

But yeah, they're making this trophy worse than before and I also lost my hopes for perfect account. Why they simply can't listen us and instead reply with typical "We're aware of the situation, our team is going to fix" cliche...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

And that friend said "It's easy, only going to take 8 hours" 1f602.png1f602.png

But yeah, they're making this trophy worse than before and I also lost my hopes for perfect account. Why they simply can't listen us and instead reply with typical "We're aware of the situation, our team is going to fix" cliche...

Oh yeah, I remember that well, lol. I have few regrets in life, but this... agreeing to help him out in this game is one of them.

Well, whatever happens tomorrow is the moment of truth. Way I see it, there are three possibilities:

1. The plat will become impossible. 

2. The plat won't be possible until next year, or whenever we have 50 characters total.

3. They'll lower the trophy requirements and many of us will either auto pop it, like the update from last year, or be very close. Just remains to be seen.

• Like 1

Not gonna lie, I got pretty worried there for a second...but then again:

- All things consider Hi-Rez is one of the shitiest companies out there, no doubt about that. BUT they have been fixing any trophy bugs in the past.

- It's a new season with a lot of changes to the game. One of these changes might be a revised trophy requirement.

- Cross-play is finally getting rolled out which is a good sign of a "healthy" game (i.e. it doesn't seem like they will abandon post-launch development).

- Even with an old trophy requirement, it would be possible to obtain it...in 2020 :awesome:

I'm hopeful that Hi-Rez will come up with something...humane for this change. I guess the only thing remains is to wait till tomorrow.

• Like 1

Well, guys, I think everything is gonna be okay!

I'm not sure exactly what happened, but the trophy still says 100 cards. However, I looked at my progress in the Awards menu and somehow I jumped from 60 talents to having 87! After buying level 2 for the new hero, I'm now even closer. I can only imagine that this happened because either the default talent card now counts or some heroes must have gotten brand new ones while others were removed, and the game still recognizes that as us earning them. Either way, this is good news!!

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, SlyForeigner said:

I'm not sure exactly what happened, but the trophy still says 100 cards. However, I looked at my progress in the Awards menu and somehow I jumped from 60 talents to having 87! After buying level 2 for the new hero, I'm now even closer. I can only imagine that this happened because either the default talent card now counts or some heroes must have gotten brand new ones while others were removed, and the game still recognizes that as us earning them. Either way, this is good news!!

Nice! Gonna download it and check mine out as well. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, SlyForeigner said:

Well that's good to hear. This means that the plat is now way less grindy than before!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

Ladies and gentlemen...

Image result for ladies and gentlemen we got him gif

I also can't believe Hi-Rez didn't fuck this. Yet, they fucked up a lot and still do and still get away with it.

Also just edited my post just to sum everything up.

Edited by SniperEliteDido
  • Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:04 AM, kidson2004 said:

I’m also hoping for them to reduce the it to 50 cards as well. Only have 44/100 so far and I’ve missed the pre-patch train myself. If not, then I’m ok with not getting this :platinum:. We’ll see this week. 

How can you tell how many cards you have? I looked and dont remember seeing where it says that. 

17 minutes ago, ResidentDarrell said:

How can you tell how many cards you have? I looked and dont remember seeing where it says that. 

So from the main menu, click on "Profile". It's near the bottom of the options. Then, press R1 until you reach the "Awards" sub-menu. From there, scroll down and you should see "Master Collector" with your progress underneath it.

As a side note, I managed to reach 92 talents last night and earned enough coins to level 3 characters up to 5/6. I hope to reach at least 96 by tonight! It's almost over!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SlyForeigner said:

So from the main menu, click on "Profile". It's near the bottom of the options. Then, press R1 until you reach the "Awards" sub-menu. From there, scroll down and you should see "Master Collector" with your progress underneath it.

As a side note, I managed to reach 92 talents last night and earned enough coins to level 3 characters up to 5/6. I hope to reach at least 96 by tonight! It's almost over!!

Awesome I will check that out tonight. On a side note, how did you get the last one standing trophy?

I looked at my stats after the update and saw I had 22/100 and i have bought until level 2 for 20 heroes and 2 I already had at level 8 so that brings 22 cards.

So I don't think we got the default cards for free. Is there a glitch or something like that in the stats tracker or do the default cards don't count towards this?

1 hour ago, ResidentDarrell said:

Awesome I will check that out tonight. On a side note, how did you get the last one standing trophy?

That’s a trophy you’ll have to boost with 9 others (yourself makes 10). Takes a lot of coordination, but it’s easy to do once all are in the same lobby. 

On 16/01/2019 at 7:42 AM, Sydoki said:

Not gonna lie, I got pretty worried there for a second...but then again:

- All things consider Hi-Rez is one of the shitiest companies out there, no doubt about that. BUT they have been fixing any trophy bugs in the past.

- It's a new season with a lot of changes to the game. One of these changes might be a revised trophy requirement.

- Cross-play is finally getting rolled out which is a good sign of a "healthy" game (i.e. it doesn't seem like they will abandon post-launch development).

- Even with an old trophy requirement, it would be possible to obtain it...in 2020 :awesome:

I'm hopeful that Hi-Rez will come up with something...humane for this change. I guess the only thing remains is to wait till tomorrow.

I've got trophy bug on Smite and they don't do anything just wait 6 months an update

I have 53 cards before I update. After the update is still 53. After all the coins were spent, they were 83. Still no trophy.
If I raise all the remaining characters to level 8, I can get 95 cards, not enough.
In other words, can I never get a platinum trophy??

18 hours ago, ResidentDarrell said:

That's one you'll have to boost, as it's nearly impossible to do legitimately. Apparently this trophy was designed around a game mode that no longer exists. My guess is it was likely a Search & Destroy sort of deal, and you just had to be the last one to survive the round.

42 minutes ago, minnaha said:

On ‎18‎.‎01‎.‎2019 at 10:13 AM, minnaha said:

http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/bfae17b6gy1fzauox7c43j21hc0u0tka.jpg

why i can not get the “Master Collector”Trophy

40 Champions x 3 are 120 Talents, you need 100, Platinum ready?

Champion Level 0: 0 Talentcards, but if you reach Talent 2 the first Talent will count too. From 0 to 2 Talentcards in one Level.

15 hours ago, Sega-Ryudo said:

40 Champions x 3 are 120 Talents, you need 100, Platinum ready?

Champion Level 0: 0 Talentcards, but if you reach Talent 2 the first Talent will count too. From 0 to 2 Talentcards in one Level.

Thank you for answers.

But somehow, I upgraded a Champion to Level 2 and only got one card.

Specially using the newly registered account test, to raise a Champion to level 2 can only get one card.

Did I miss any steps?

I have upgraded all Champions to level 2 at least, but I haven't got any extra cards. Is there any remedy?

And I raised a Champion to level 8 yesterday, but I don't know why I didn't get a card.

In order to win this trophy, I have been playing for 300 hours in the last version. I can't win the trophy without updating it. I'm desperate now.

Edited by minnaha

I tested it at the start, I am relative new in Paladins. You can see your Progress and there is one Achivment in your Profile that show you how many Talentcards you have and everytime i reached Talentcard 2 the Counter jumps 2 up. 4/100 to 6/100... 10/100 to 12/100 and so on. Talentcard 2 is the Card you unlock at Level 2. Sorry for my bad English. The first Card you have already from the start, but it Counts when you reach Card 2, not before.

Edited by Sega-Ryudo