Rio grande wild turkey location

coolcol26

I found a spawn point south of Fort Mercer. I just kept riding around on my horse in that area and eventually a few of them spawned. I had spent about an hour before that just wandering around the desert assuming one would spawn considering the eastern wild turkeys are so common but I didn't realize at that point it was one of the rarest animals in the game. Then 15 minutes later when I was just wandering around the desert more of them spawned randomly in a different location northeast of tumbleweed. Good luck. Between these bastards and the western bull moose i must have spent about 2 or 3 hours trying to get them to spawn.

Edited by caseyelsie
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi man he this was my last animal to found it on the cliff just south I think from four mercer took me 10 hours of roaming the map then was riding around there for like 10 minutes and bang. What I did was look around the area then ride like 100 meters away if it wasn't there to try and rest the animals there. Also use headphones and try to hear its noise. Best of luck with it man!

Wow just saw who the post was by it was me scrolled down without reading who it was by and commented then checked lol well maybe my comment might help someone out there :) 

Edited by coolcol26

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 1/5/2020 at 9:24 PM, jet8305 said:

I found a fast method no searching.. u can use on any animal actually, if u know a spawn point that has that animal..

1. Make sure to reset all animal spawns in case you have killed some. To do this sleep for 3 days total. Sleep as much as possible, save, load repeat to get the full 72 hours in.

2. Any of the places listed above should work. I used north of lake don Julio and will use as my example.

3. Head to the lake setup camp save, load.

4. From the “D” in don on the map and midway between where the S and T in Austin is a pack of birds. These can spawn as rio turkeys. Probably they are quails or some other large bird. There will be 3 or 4 of them. If not rio turkeys, then load and try again.

every load is a reroll of bird type.

this took me 4 loads: 2 packs of quails, 1 pack of birds that flew away, and then turkeys. Took 10 minutes maybe, mostly load times. Works with any animal spawn point. Found a snake but not the right type? Camp save load check same spot, it will spawn different snakes available in that region. Works great for the panther and Florida Panther. Find 1, u found both, just start at step 1 after killing the first. I never searched for any animal just used this method in different areas of the map. This trophy not hard if u focus on it while playing story and u know how to spawn different animals.

hope this helps! Basically, I took this video on panthers full credit to creator and applied it to other animals.

https://youtu.be/sfg0ggm2_Kg

After hours of using multiple videos and guides, this works perfect at my first attempt!! Thank you so much!

I confirm it worked today!!

Happy Hunting!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5-1-2020 at 7:24 PM, jet8305 said:

I found a fast method no searching.. u can use on any animal actually, if u know a spawn point that has that animal..

1. Make sure to reset all animal spawns in case you have killed some. To do this sleep for 3 days total. Sleep as much as possible, save, load repeat to get the full 72 hours in.

2. Any of the places listed above should work. I used north of lake don Julio and will use as my example.

3. Head to the lake setup camp save, load.

4. From the “D” in don on the map and midway between where the S and T in Austin is a pack of birds. These can spawn as rio turkeys. Probably they are quails or some other large bird. There will be 3 or 4 of them. If not rio turkeys, then load and try again.

every load is a reroll of bird type.

this took me 4 loads: 2 packs of quails, 1 pack of birds that flew away, and then turkeys. Took 10 minutes maybe, mostly load times. Works with any animal spawn point. Found a snake but not the right type? Camp save load check same spot, it will spawn different snakes available in that region. Works great for the panther and Florida Panther. Find 1, u found both, just start at step 1 after killing the first. I never searched for any animal just used this method in different areas of the map. This trophy not hard if u focus on it while playing story and u know how to spawn different animals.

hope this helps! Basically, I took this video on panthers full credit to creator and applied it to other animals.

https://youtu.be/sfg0ggm2_Kg

For me no birds at all spawn here

• 2 months later...
On 08/10/2020 at 5:18 AM, willmill97 said:

I've tried literally every location I've found on the internet multiple times over hours and hours and still nothing... any advice?

thats what I did to and i kid you not I looked for this bird for a total of 10 hours. So I had a route I did going from all the locations I saw online in a big loop looking for it. There is no magic way to make it spawn just luck and persistence. I wish u all the best! 

35 minutes ago, coolcol26 said:

thats what I did to and i kid you not I looked for this bird for a total of 10 hours. So I had a route I did going from all the locations I saw online in a big loop looking for it. There is no magic way to make it spawn just luck and persistence. I wish u all the best! 

I finally got it after about 7 hours at the top of Del Lobo rock. I recommend having volume on high and not listening to any music, because if the turkeys are close you can hear them gobbling, they can easily be missed from sight alone. 

• 2 weeks later...