What are your TOP 3 levels in Spyro the Dragon?

jackhnatejko

This was really hard to choose, but, parsing down to three, I would say:

Haunted Towers

I love the way this one looks in the remaster. With the special flame mechanic, the fairies, the view is gorgeous, and the ghostly knights... what's not to love?

Dark Passage

Seriously, the atmosphere just makes it and great level to play around in, and I love the quirky little fairy guys. The devil dogs always used to freak me out as a kid, so it's fun to torch 'em now that I'm older.

Wizard Peak

Love the sound track, and love the level design with its use of superchargers. It's an all around good and memorable level.

• Like 3

Hunted Towers as a kid back in the ps1 days I remember when I used to go all the way to that special fairy to kiss me so I can have the super flame breath, I remember I hopelessly trying to find ways to exist the level without losing the super flame breath but no use ?

Ice Cavern I used to stay all day long in this level just to listen to its soundtrack in a never ending loop, now with the remake the level looks so beautiful! set the soundtrack to the original and play the level is very entertaining.

Cliff Town back then I read in a local gaming magazine that if you stay long enough in cliff town the soundtrack will change to a smoother one and they said the sun will goes down.

I sat there waiting and waiting and the soundtrack did changed but the sun never goes down as they claim, though, staying that long in the level have made me fall in love with it, and with the updated graphics it's even much better.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Cliff Town I remember having to try to figure out how to fly out to that one treasure area as a kid. All of the different hidden areas and fun/creative ways to get there made this one of my top levels. I was disappointed to see that when I'm older, it's not as tricky as it used to seem! ?

High Caves The FIRST SUPERCHARGE LEVEL (that I remember). Learning how to use the Supercharge ramps and not die were definitely the best for me, a person who regularly used to fall off the end. It's also the first Superflame level. The whole combination makes it a super nostalgic level for me.

Magic Crafters Homeworld This was definitely one of the most memorable levels to me. I love Artisans Homeworld as well, but it wasn't as challenging as Magic Crafters (and Dream Weavers was THE ABSOLUTE WORST Homeworld; the number of times I died there on PS1? No thank you). 

• Like 2

Really cool thread idea OP! I'll have a hard time on this one as this might actually be my favourite gaming series of all time. Holds much nostalgia. In no order:

Dark Hollow - Despite being a fairly bland level in terms of level design, the ambiance of the setting with the sleepy soundtrack really is perfectly done. Just one of those which is difficult to explain, but has a really warm feeling to it and one I would often stay behind in after 100%.

Tree Tops - This one has the best level design of the whole of the first game for me. Again, as a kid it felt fairly impossible to complete. Finally figuring out how to get to the island in the distance confounded 8 year old me for a while. Getting there felt one heck of an achievement. Took a couple of runs to remember the route on the remaster too!

Haunted Towers - Again, one on here which is a well designed level and one which made me feel like a boss when I finally figured out how to reach the dragon on the 2nd floor. Made even more satisfying by the fact that while on the ground floor, you can hear the 'dragon nearby' sound playing and can see a gap in the roof. 

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

Gnorc Cove - I spent countless hours justing messing around in this level when I was little. I really liked messing around with the barrels. The Reignited version is the same level from my childhood.

Lofty Castle - I really enjoy this level. I like the gimmick of freeing the imprisoned fairies. It is fun to play and nice to look at. It also contains the only red gem box that you have to flame/charge then jump over to collect the gem; I'm happy they went through the effort of making that model to keep it like the original. Also, getting to that secret stump is crazy difficult and I love it.

Doctor Shemp - This is a short but sweet level. It is a fun experience every time I play it. The boss fight with Doctor Shemp at the end is one of the few good boss fights in the game. The sky box looks really nice.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...