mysticmosh

Macau time attack Honda special volume

7 posts in this topic

I'm totally stuck on the Macau time attack for the Honda special volume event no 4. You're given Honda CBR900RR Fireblade and 2:30.600 to get round what I truly believe is one of the hardest tracks in the game. I've just about had enough and I'm still 1.6 seconds off the time!. Are there any tips (apart from ride perfect and prey) that any one can give me?. This is (potentially) going to stop the platinum, so it's becoming really annoying!. 🏍️😱

Try to play with the gear ratio. For most tracks it's unlikely that you will ever get near the top speed of the bike so slightly lower the top speed by moving the gear ratio to the right, which gives you a slightly lower top speed but a better acceleration which is kinda useful as most of the track is rather slow. You might also want to harden the suspension (don't know if it's possible for a given bike) as it will help you with the performance but it will make the bike a bit more twitchy.

Also if you have it enabled disable the brake assists or any other assists as the activate rather early. Only things that are fine are the ABS and the coupled brakes. Activiating the racing line for the corners also helps.

And don't be afraid of using rewinds. ^^

On 11/01/2019 at 8:48 PM, Crimson Idol said:

Try to play with the gear ratio. For most tracks it's unlikely that you will ever get near the top speed of the bike so slightly lower the top speed by moving the gear ratio to the right, which gives you a slightly lower top speed but a better acceleration which is kinda useful as most of the track is rather slow. You might also want to harden the suspension (don't know if it's possible for a given bike) as it will help you with the performance but it will make the bike a bit more twitchy.

Also if you have it enabled disable the brake assists or any other assists as the activate rather early. Only things that are fine are the ABS and the coupled brakes. Activiating the racing line for the corners also helps.

And don't be afraid of using rewinds. ^^

Thanks for the tips. I eventually nailed it nearly a full second under the time using anticipation of corners and a few rewinds. Leaning into a turn even though it looked like the barrier was going to tear my head off and using bike momentum (and power sliding) helped, so did careful low speed turning. Having now completed the game, I can say that this trial was the hardest part in getting to the platinum.

1 hour ago, mysticmosh said:

Thanks for the tips. I eventually nailed it nearly a full second under the time using anticipation of corners and a few rewinds. Leaning into a turn even though it looked like the barrier was going to tear my head off and using bike momentum (and power sliding) helped, so did careful low speed turning. Having now completed the game, I can say that this trial was the hardest part in getting to the platinum.

Congrats. :D

Macau is a track I dislike in general so I can fully understand that you felt it to be one of the hardest parts. Personally I have still a lot of problems with the imbalanced AI when it comes to Supermoto-events (winning one one of those tracks with a 30 second lead and having struggles to make it onto the podium in the next one 😒). The biggest PITA for me were the drag races before they patched them to adjust the difficulty. There wasn't even a visual hint on when to shift gears...

Don't know if you will buy the Season Pass in the near future but if you be warned that there are a few other time trials which are also quite demanding and where you have to find the one proper bike or you will only get a measily silver.

On 1/12/2019 at 7:48 AM, Crimson Idol said:

Thanks for this tip, you would think the number of racing games I have played I should probably know this. Worked a treat on the Macau track, I think I made need to bring you on as my go to racing expert just in case my button mashing approach fails again in the future. Thanks :)

2 hours ago, Cjshai said:

Thanks for this tip, you would think the number of racing games I have played I should probably know this. Worked a treat on the Macau track, I think I made need to bring you on as my go to racing expert just in case my button mashing approach fails again in the future. Thanks :)

You're welcome.  I also only started to play with the bike setup after I realized that I stand no chance in a few events with the defaults. But those were mainly the drag events (way bevore they added the visual indicators and lowered the AI difficulty). And I wouldn't call myself a racing expert.. I'm more of a crash kid who's happy to remember a few basics. :P 

13 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

You're welcome.  I also only started to play with the bike setup after I realized that I stand no chance in a few events with the defaults. But those were mainly the drag events (way bevore they added the visual indicators and lowered the AI difficulty). And I wouldn't call myself a racing expert.. I'm more of a crash kid who's happy to remember a few basics. :P 

Well I appreciate it, nothing wrong with a crash kid. I might see you around. :)