Free massive character boost currently active.

Frozen_Guardian

A free CR 210 boost is being given out to everyone that logs in. It will give you a max level character strong enough to take on any DLC content with trophies.

The boost itself is good enough to get three lvl 30 trophies : for a specific role, mentor, and speed power 

Requires subscription to actually unlock the trophies but they are stored as feats until you sub.

• Like 3

Xbox apparently doesn't require a membership to pop chivos, and I already have the game installed there.

I'm just a noob who likes to fly around with my not-Green Lantern and shoot bots. Got it in you to write up a super short guide on how to get the chivos with those CR so I don't waste them doing it wrong?

52 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Xbox apparently doesn't require a membership to pop chivos, and I already have the game installed there.

I'm just a noob who likes to fly around with my not-Green Lantern and shoot bots. Got it in you to write up a super short guide on how to get the chivos with those CR so I don't waste them doing it wrong?

CR is combat rating. It is your power based on your equipped gear. You can't waste anything or lose it. 

Edit: Apparently Xbox doesn't have the DLC achievements. You have the base achievements only. So basically this boost will handle the 1st of 6 max level characters you have to create. It won't help much beyond that.

Edited by Frozen_Guardian

Neat. I may have to give the DLC trophies another go. I tried with a CR 100 character, but could only do some of the first couple of trophy packs. I basically slowed to a crawl because I just had to grind out gear and gave up. Didn't want to have to dump hours and hours into the game just for a few DLC trophies. It's fun, but I've still got too many games on my backlog to really dedicate myself to a game like that.

• 1 year later...

https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/news/dcuo-anniversary-letter-2021

Quote from article: 

Later in the year we will have our official PlayStation 5 native client launched, with a set of changes focused on how to make DCUO look and play best on that new platform. Additionally, we will be looking into how to further bring graphical improvements to the game to keep pace with modern hardware. While the options are many and details few right now, we expect to make a combination of art and engine improvements to really make the game shine.

8 hours ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Thxs but still sounds like e a huge time investment. 

If you're just getting the boost and that's it, the longest time goes into just installing the game.

Otherwise it's making/logging in to a character (you can skip tutorial for new characters), follow on-screen prompt to open bonus window, accept everything, logout to character select screen, highlight character you want to boost and follow the instructions.

I got this one and the last one on the off chance I decide make a serious attempt at this game later on.

3 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

If you're just getting the boost and that's it, the longest time goes into just installing the game.

Otherwise it's making/logging in to a character (you can skip tutorial for new characters), follow on-screen prompt to open bonus window, accept everything, logout to character select screen, highlight character you want to boost and follow the instructions.

I got this one and the last one on the off chance I decide make a serious attempt at this game later on.

Oh, soo to be clear, I can grab everything now and play later with the boost?

3 hours ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Oh, soo to be clear, I can grab everything now and play later with the boost?

Yep! It'll max level your character to 30, move you to the current expansion home spot and provide some gear chests (which I recommend taking some time to use, apparently people who didn't use them from the last free character boost had them downgraded when the next expansion was released) and that's it. The character will just be connected to your account, ready for use if/when you decide to play.

8 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

The plat itself is actually pretty easy and not crazy time intensive. The DLC trophies are where the mind numbing grind comes into play lol.

Ah looks like I need to sub for trophiesXD I better clear my plate before I attempt it all in one go. But I grabbed the freebie for future use now. Thxs.

2 hours ago, Gefro-On-Defro said:

Hi all, I got the free character upgrade and some base game trophies with a month sub. Whilst I have the month sub, can someone point me in the direction of easy dlc trophies, ones I can preferably do with my 290 cr character. I’m not deep into the game, so don’t understand it 100%.

The trophies stopped being added a long time ago. Your CR is beyond anything required for the DLC and then some. I would target them in this order if you want the most amount of trophies

Open World -> Solo -> Duo -> Alert -> Raid

The reason being - just because you are geared doesn't mean the other 7 people in the raid will do the achievement. Some trophies are just repeating a weekly quest so you won't earn it in time without reset tokens.

Example: Evermore - Complete the Take Pride mission 14 times

You have to kill Raven 14 weeks in a row for Evermore unless you want to buy reset tokens

I wouldn't bother with the PvP trophies. The PvP requirements are why the 100% is extremely rare. Nobody wants to sit through that grind.

To just let people know that may not realize it:

The game has all episodes "open" up to "Wonderverse" (maybe I'm wrong on the cutoff but it is well past any episode with trophies). You can play them without a subscription.

You can unlock the ingame feats and subscribe later. You get the trophies all at once when you subscribe and log onto the toon.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Frozen_Guardian said:

The trophies stopped being added a long time ago. Your CR is beyond anything required for the DLC and then some. I would target them in this order if you want the most amount of trophies

Open World -> Solo -> Duo -> Alert -> Raid

The reason being - just because you are geared doesn't mean the other 7 people in the raid will do the achievement. Some trophies are just repeating a weekly quest so you won't earn it in time without reset tokens.

Example: Evermore - Complete the Take Pride mission 14 times

You have to kill Raven 14 weeks in a row for Evermore unless you want to buy reset tokens

I wouldn't bother with the PvP trophies. The PvP requirements are why the 100% is extremely rare. Nobody wants to sit through that grind.

To just let people know that may not realize it:

The game has all episodes "open" up to "Wonderverse" (maybe I'm wrong on the cutoff but it is well past any episode with trophies). You can play them without a subscription.

You can unlock the ingame feats and subscribe later. You get the trophies all at once when you subscribe and log onto the toon.

Thanks for the detailed response, what I’m meaning though, is I don’t really know how to go about getting them. Can you suggest just some really really easy ones for me and how to get?

5 hours ago, Gefro-On-Defro said:

Thanks for the detailed response, what I’m meaning though, is I don’t really know how to go about getting them. Can you suggest just some really really easy ones for me and how to get?

The below is probably the easiest one. Two of the three bosses appear per run. So it would take you maybe 2-3 runs and it isn't a horrible long time. There is a villain equivalent depending on which side you picked.

Parole Denied
Defeat Red Lantern Vice, Yellow Lantern Lyssa Drak and Evil Star in the Oan Sciencells

Two of the three bosses appear per run so you have to run the place 2 - 3 times.

The below is easy with the insanely high CR. You basically will 1 shot these creatures. They are out in the open world for the Lightning Strikes DLC.

Reap the Rewards
Defeat 100 Paradox Reapers in Central City

I would assume you can complete the below duo with no effort within the time limit at 270 cr. Your partner could probably even afk.

Quickly, Into the Past
Complete the Cosmic Treadmill: Flashback Duo in under 7 minutes
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Frozen_Guardian said:

The below is probably the easiest one. Two of the three bosses appear per run. So it would take you maybe 2-3 runs and it isn't a horrible long time. There is a villain equivalent depending on which side you picked.

Parole Denied
Defeat Red Lantern Vice, Yellow Lantern Lyssa Drak and Evil Star in the Oan Sciencells

Two of the three bosses appear per run so you have to run the place 2 - 3 times.

The below is easy with the insanely high CR. You basically will 1 shot these creatures. They are out in the open world for the Lightning Strikes DLC.

Reap the Rewards
Defeat 100 Paradox Reapers in Central City

I would assume you can complete the below duo with no effort within the time limit at 270 cr. Your partner could probably even afk.

Quickly, Into the Past
Complete the Cosmic Treadmill: Flashback Duo in under 7 minutes

I’m so sorry for sounding a retard with this game, but I don’t know how to start any of these. Like they’re not on my on duty lists, or in my journal. 

edit - got the reap the rewards one!

Edited by Gefro-On-Defro
I’m an idiot

7 hours ago, darkjjda said:

So if I log in to the game i will not get trophies but get the booster pack and when I get a subscription then the trophies will start to unlock am I right? 

Correct. But you need the character to still exist that earned that trophy. The trophies unlock when you sign into that very specific toon.

Don't delete a toon to go make another level 30 thinking you still get both trophies. (Free to play only get 2 toons. Buying literally anything makes you a premium player permanently and it comes with more toon slots.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/30/2021 at 0:00 PM, Winterglemm said:

why are they called toons?

The most commonly accepted source for the term is from The Realm Online. The characters all looked like crudely drawn cartoons, so users started to refer to them as toons. And the term just carried on from there. There are example from before Realm Online of "toon" being used in reference to a character as well, but likely didn't have much influence on the use.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...