The platinum is slightly more easy now.

d1l2e3v4

8 hours ago, HaserPL said:

So basically, you are now free to complete 3 easy challenges and left the most difficult ones? That sounds cool :). Thanks for the info!

Yes, pretty much. I don’t know if this’ll be changed in the future but for now you can take advantage of it and make the game easier. 

10 minutes ago, Violino said:

Does this work though? I got the Rocket Wingsuit DLC and now I've jumped to 116 bronze medals but haven't unlocked Challenge Accepted.

It worked for me and I don’t have the Rocket Wingsuit DLC. I’ll explain it with some in-game pictures when I’m back at my console in like 30 min or so.

Edited by d1l2e3v4

15 minutes ago, d1l2e3v4 said:

It worked for me and I don’t have the Rocket Wingsuit DLC. I’ll explain it with some in-game pictures when I’m back at my console in like 30 min or so.

Ah ok, fair enough. Appreciate that pal.

Just now, Violino said:

Ah ok, fair enough. Appreciate that pal.

So I assume you were talking about the Rocket Wings DLC, this DLCs events do not count towards the 115 medals needed for the trophy. Just like the Winterfest DLC, they’re shown in the bottom left as a seperate category. 

https://imgur.com/wUmvLDH (dunno how to embed pictures on phone, my apologies)

However, the events that do count are in another category in the Progress menu. They’re right next to the regular Wingsuit category, only having 3 challenges. All of these 3 count towards the 115 medals. 

https://imgur.com/buZ16qk

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, d1l2e3v4 said:

So I assume you were talking about the Rocket Wings DLC, this DLCs events do not count towards the 115 medals needed for the trophy. Just like the Winterfest DLC, they’re shown in the bottom left as a seperate category. 

https://imgur.com/wUmvLDH (dunno how to embed pictures on phone, my apologies)

However, the events that do count are in another category in the Progress menu. They’re right next to the regular Wingsuit category, only having 3 challenges. All of these 3 count towards the 115 medals. 

https://imgur.com/buZ16qk

The bronze one at least has popped now! Thanks for clearing that up for me.

• Like 1

On 12-1-2019 at 4:03 AM, d1l2e3v4 said:

Steep’s platinum has become a bit easier due to a recent change (i think?) in the game.

Ubisoft has changed the trophy requirement for the 24 carats Gold challenger trophy, requiring you to win 115 gold medals compared to getting a gold medal on all the challenges.

This might sound off as this was the original amount of challenges in the base game, but there’s a free sport available now, the Rocket Wingsuit. Along with it came 3 challenges (boosting the count up to 118) that count towards the 115 challenges needed to get the 24 carats trophy.

These 3 challenges are a piece of cake compared to the progress halting challenges like La Fieuse or the Fallen Rocks, so you can easily skip over those. This doesn’t mean that the platinum is a whole lot more easy though, as some of the challenges are still fairly difficult. But at least it isn’t as hard as it originally was.

I have no clue if this was intended or not, but this has definitely made the game easier for me. Just sharing this in case anyone else wants to benefit off of this.

La fieuse is not that hard, might take you up to half an hour max. Fallen rocks was a pain in the ass. It's a bit sad for the old players that this is a option but I enjoyed finally getting fallen rocks and my platinum. Good Luck and have fun

5 hours ago, IGUnique said:

La fieuse is not that hard, might take you up to half an hour max. Fallen rocks was a pain in the ass. It's a bit sad for the old players that this is a option but I enjoyed finally getting fallen rocks and my platinum. Good Luck and have fun

I was just assuming an average player’s skill level for this game. For me, it was the exact opposite. I found fallen rocks to be a piece of cake, but i’ve spent an 1hr+ on la fieuse until I realized you could cheese it with the new challenges.

• 6 months later...
On 14/01/2019 at 1:07 PM, IGUnique said:

I am a new player. Started 3 weeks ago. I have 7 gold medals left and I have completed La Fieusse (3 hours) and Fallen Rocks (6 hours). I have done this knowing about the extra 3 challenges but wanted to earn the platinum without needing those. So, not all new players will take advantage of it.

As hard as those challenges were, they were super fun to fail over and over again. Probably the most fun I've had failing an event in any game.

Some other notable hard challenges for me are:

Faction Under Control

Boardsleigh

Vallec Village