question about "Ashes to Ashes..."

Malice Flare

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/01/2019 at 1:10 PM, janzor88 said:

Can any of you give any tips for this DLC, and how you've defeated the bosses?

Which party and such things. 

Clear your team of all negative quirks and build districts that boost heroes my team is vestal,jester,shildbreaker,shildbreaker still hard but the main problem is that this dlc sucks

Here's what worked best for me, and i had (in my opinion) the worst endgame condition which reduced healing by 50% after 200 kills:

Vestal, jester, man-at-arms, man-at-arms

Early on i just farmed virtues so 2 of my guys were courageous, one powerful, and one vigorous. Being virtuous really helps with resisting bleed, blight, stun, and debuffs; also their random procs will help reduce stress/heal/buff your companions.

With all 4 virtuous (and the jester basically became a buffer/bleed dealer, since i didn't need to stress heal hardly ever), i soldiered on. Man-at-arms both use retribution and defender every other turn, so they could protect the back row and riposte almost any attack, while also getting the protection bonus.

It's a low damage group, but very resilient and worked against all boss types i encountered (which wasn't all of them -- i think the hag would have sucked). I saved my once per battle bolster skill for boss battles (each mini wave counts as a new battle for buff duration, but the skill doesnt reset until the next level) so with two MoA that was a nice dodge boost for boss survivability. Add that to occasional camping boosts and most bosses become easier than some of the enemy waves.

The large 2-size enemies with any sort of protection proved to be harder than bosses, because of their high hp and damage output with other enemies in the mix. That's where half healing was almost the end of me.

Anyway, i got to just over 300 and stopped. Thought only getting half heals after 200 would do me in, but i fought through it surprisingly well. Just no interest in continuing much further once i finished off the trophies.

I did try once with a vestal, jester, shieldbreaker, shieldbreaker group and once with a vestal, jester, man-at-arms, leper group, but didn't make it past 80 either time. I definitely recommend trying my group and strategy above if you have any issues getting deep into it. It will be slow progress, but with all 4 virtuous it shouldn't be too bad.

Good luck. These trophies were dumb.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/2/2019 at 9:50 AM, poindexta- said:

Here's what worked best for me, and i had (in my opinion) the worst endgame condition which reduced healing by 50% after 200 kills:

Vestal, jester, man-at-arms, man-at-arms

Early on i just farmed virtues so 2 of my guys were courageous, one powerful, and one vigorous. Being virtuous really helps with resisting bleed, blight, stun, and debuffs; also their random procs will help reduce stress/heal/buff your companions.

With all 4 virtuous (and the jester basically became a buffer/bleed dealer, since i didn't need to stress heal hardly ever), i soldiered on. Man-at-arms both use retribution and defender every other turn, so they could protect the back row and riposte almost any attack, while also getting the protection bonus.

It's a low damage group, but very resilient and worked against all boss types i encountered (which wasn't all of them -- i think the hag would have sucked). I saved my once per battle bolster skill for boss battles (each mini wave counts as a new battle for buff duration, but the skill doesnt reset until the next level) so with two MoA that was a nice dodge boost for boss survivability. Add that to occasional camping boosts and most bosses become easier than some of the enemy waves.

The large 2-size enemies with any sort of protection proved to be harder than bosses, because of their high hp and damage output with other enemies in the mix. That's where half healing was almost the end of me.

Anyway, i got to just over 300 and stopped. Thought only getting half heals after 200 would do me in, but i fought through it surprisingly well. Just no interest in continuing much further once i finished off the trophies.

I did try once with a vestal, jester, shieldbreaker, shieldbreaker group and once with a vestal, jester, man-at-arms, leper group, but didn't make it past 80 either time. I definitely recommend trying my group and strategy above if you have any issues getting deep into it. It will be slow progress, but with all 4 virtuous it shouldn't be too bad.

Good luck. These trophies were dumb.

As far as I know the only way to grant a Virtous is using a very specific trinkets? Is it correct?