PSN Account got compromised again

MrMike1377

I'm writing this as my main account is hacked and I don't have any access to it.

This is Like the 6th time my account got hacked with maximum security 

1. 2-step verification was enabled

2. My account had 25 letters password

* Nobody had my Email and password

3. I changed my email and security question

right after last hack which was 2 DAYS AGO

The best thing is he/she got my information from live chat agents every single time. Because after each hack I tried to contact live support and it gave me ” We just talked to you right now” error.

https://imgur.com/a/ww4pKSB

They just give your new information to anyone who knows a bit of your old information. I can't play cat and mouse forever, they will give my information to him or her again.

I don't know how he got it the first time ( Maybe just like other security breaches?)

And now he is sending me fake ” Sony PlayStation Supervisor ” Emails.

https://imgur.com/a/9MDV55M

And here is my account baiting me to think I'm banned 

https://imgur.com/a/UypFISj

I'm from Iran, I just use an American account because it's the only way to buy games with Psn dollar gift cards. Phone calls won't help me because I'm not an American and I don't live in us.

And customer service is very amateurish at best when it comes to security problems.

Game over or not I'm bailing out to start PC gaming.

I had this account from 2014 with over 150 games ( I had an older account from 2012 but I didn't like the id)

It was an enjoyable ride till this thing happened.

I'm not going to give any advice on the security of your accounts because it's out of your control, it just happens.

Have a great day.

Edited by MrMike1377

Holy shit, I feel bad for you dude. Read an article about this happening to a dude not too long ago, he got told he'll never get his account back (by Sony), account ended up on some auction site, a guy bought it for the article, ended up getting in touch with the original owner, thing got a shitload of upvotes on Reddit and after all the bad press Sony finally let him back on his own shit.

Is there no way you could, when talking to Sony, demand they don't give your information out? Whether it's you after the mark, the other guy, anyone, just say that you guys aren't to give out a single bit of information for anything less than a walk in visit to a Sony shop with valid ID.

Either way. If you are jumping ship to PC, I STRONGLY recommend you pick up an NVIDIA Shield TV if you find a good sale. I've had mine for a couple weeks and the thing is amazing. It's like a little micro console / set top box thing, running Android. You can play most cool Android games (I've got 5 GTAs on mine for example), and it's also got fantastic support for emulation. Right now I'm playing Simpsons Hit and Run, on GameCube, through Dolphin (the GameCube emulator) on the thing, and it runs absolutely flawlessly at full speed. I've got Dreamcast, PSP, PS1, N64, Game Cube, Mega Drive, NES, SNES, and many more on my thing all loading without a single problem. The thing is a beast. But if you're doing PC gaming (I don't have a PC at all, so this is lost on me), you can stream a shiiiitload of games from your computer to the Shield, so if you got a beast of a gaming PC setup, but also wanna use it on the tele, this little guy's got you covered. Also comes with Geforce Now, which is their streaming service where you stream games from their own computers, it's got about 50 odd games for free included like Tomb Raider and the Arkham Trilogy, and it runs pretty bloody well too. In short, if you're about to be spending a bunch of money on gaming outside of the big boy consoles (assuming you don't already have a PC anyway), the Shield TV is well worth it if you find a good deal.

5 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Holy shit, I feel bad for you dude. Read an article about this happening to a dude not too long ago, he got told he'll never get his account back (by Sony), account ended up on some auction site, a guy bought it for the article, ended up getting in touch with the original owner, thing got a shitload of upvotes on Reddit and after all the bad press Sony finally let him back on his own shit.

Is there no way you could, when talking to Sony, demand they don't give your information out? Whether it's you after the mark, the other guy, anyone, just say that you guys aren't to give out a single bit of information for anything less than a walk in visit to a Sony shop with valid ID.

I tried to convince them about that and they just said it's their job and they have to follow the rules.

And it's just not live support, The fact that they can crack your account with maximum security with tools and stuff is ridiculous.

Sony’s term of service says that your accounts security is your responsibility even though it's completely out of my control.

16 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Either way. If you are jumping ship to PC, I STRONGLY recommend you pick up an NVIDIA Shield TV if you find a good sale. I've had mine for a couple weeks and the thing is amazing. It's like a little micro console / set top box thing, running Android. You can play most cool Android games (I've got 5 GTAs on mine for example), and it's also got fantastic support for emulation. Right now I'm playing Simpsons Hit and Run, on GameCube, through Dolphin (the GameCube emulator) on the thing, and it runs absolutely flawlessly at full speed. I've got Dreamcast, PSP, PS1, N64, Game Cube, Mega Drive, NES, SNES, and many more on my thing all loading without a single problem. The thing is a beast. But if you're doing PC gaming (I don't have a PC at all, so this is lost on me), you can stream a shiiiitload of games from your computer to the Shield, so if you got a beast of a gaming PC setup, but also wanna use it on the tele, this little guy's got you covered. Also comes with Geforce Now, which is their streaming service where you stream games from their own computers, it's got about 50 odd games for free included like Tomb Raider and the Arkham Trilogy, and it runs pretty bloody well too. In short, if you're about to be spending a bunch of money on gaming outside of the big boy consoles (assuming you don't already have a PC anyway), the Shield TV is well worth it if you find a good deal.

I have a decent PC so I might get one on sales.

That truly sucks man, I too have had difficulties with PS support.

I've recently returned to PS ecosystem, also having created an US account years ago for sales, turns out it is soft locked as I can't login without it requesting me to verify ownership through e-mail. So far so good, but my e-mail is also locked for the same reason and I do not recognize the secondary e-mail on it.

Going through Live Chat, they request my console ID and credit card info, needless to say my original PS3 is long gone, and I never purchased anything with credit card. On the other end, e-mail provider only lets me recover it through credit card purchases which are non existent. I'm basically screwed on this one.

Maybe you could use this information to help your situation? Try giving them your CID or credit card last purchases, and when they verify its you, ask them to lock your account to you somehow, explain your situation.

Giving up is what he wants, don't do that even if you switch platforms.

Best of luck

35 minutes ago, Ghobimon said:

Maybe you could use this information to help your situation? Try giving them your CID or credit card last purchases, and when they verify its you, ask them to lock your account to you somehow, explain your situation.

Giving up is what he wants, don't do that even if you switch platforms.

Best of luck

They never asked about my console id, that's the problem.

They give you a reset link if you give them a little bit of information. I can identify myself but the problem is the guy behind all of these.

The thing is he never ever used any reset password link, like he knows my password everytime and use it as some kind of proof to get 2 steps and email reset link.

I just found out there is a market for cracked accounts. They sell the accounts for very low prices and share them between multiple devices.

I will try to convince them to lock my

information when they open live support again but they really need to update their security system. The are Account hack forums from 2016 and yet it's still happening in 2019.

Have a great day.

50 minutes ago, Klart said:

If you really can’t find a solution and want to give up, you could get your account banned. So at least the other guy is screwed.

If it keeps going like this I will. It's really heartbreaking though.

Edited by MrMike1377

This is what the agent told me:

Dennis A.:Hi, Mike. I am reviewing you’re case history and I'm seeing you have contacted us already a lot this week. Sorry to ask. However, would you mind letting me know what seems to be the problem we were not able to solve for you yet?

This means he talked to them a lot.

Dennis A.:I understand and I'm sorry you were not able to see this sorted out. However, let me explain that to maintain the security of this account, I’m afraid I won't be able to make further changes on the account.Nevertheless, our recommendation would  to try to go through the password reset tool option in the website or console to check if you are able to go back online performing this action on your end. Or, if there's no success, you may consider creating a new PSN Account to continue connecting to our services online, too.Dennis A.:Let me explain that security measures have been taken on the account itself, because of this, we're not able to make changes or share information detailed about the account. Under this scenario, even though I'd love to get a solution for you, I'm afraid that there isn't going to be a way from our end to work on the PSN account any longer. We are very sorry for the situation. You can get a new password sent to your account’s email by visiting the website below. Click Trouble Signing In > Reset Your Password and you can try to check if you can work on accessing this account again

Not only she didn't let me explain that he changed everything on my account and closed the chat on me but she also recommends me to make a new account.

I'm not going to win anything here. It's a game over 

This is fucked beyond repair and I'm very disappointed in Sony's PlayStation Network. Using all your data and information very easily and when you try to contact them

they say ” Fuck you”

I Guess I'm going to sell both of my consoles and never look back. What a tragedy.

I'm happy I was part of this community even though I didn't talk much But it was an exciting adventure to be a trophy hunter.

Have a great time everyone

1 hour ago, MrMike1377 said:

I just lost my main account forever thanks to a number of security changes on my account which got compromised a few years ago. With the amount of hack attempts on my account and it getting successfully stolen twice over the years resulted in me losing it in the end. Thing it's gotten to the point they can't prove who own's it anymore and have had to ban it unfortunately. Only draw back to losing the original email to the account and not having the original console it was created on.

Though you should be able to keep account secure providing you know your original email (access would save 99% of headaches)

Also it's common practice for hackers to put a dummy account onto your email so you can't get it back. That's usually a easy fix providing it doesn't have two step using the d.o.b bypass method, of which I keep complaining to SCEE that it needs to be patched but still hasn't been. 

Providing account isn't compromised you can just give them a ring and get account back using the original email. Though adding extra security to email is recommended if you haven't already.

Also if you manage to get account back I would recommend changing the d.o.b using the sony mobile app. 

If account is compromised which I imagine it given is you'll need ID normally to get account back but the original email and serial / state of creation is still like gold and can help you get account back if you know the information. 

Hopefully you don't get banned like I did.

4 minutes ago, SeniorUser said:

I tried to explain them, 4 out of 6 agents closed the chat on me without letting me explain what's going on.

I even said he is sending fake Sony Supervisor emails.

I have my original email, security question and even my original password from 2014. The thing is she said she can't touch my account again and closed the chat immediately.

It's a lost cause, they just don't want to cooperate with me.

2 minutes ago, MrMike1377 said:

I tried to explain them, 4 out of 6 agents closed the chat on me without letting me explain what's going on.

I even said he is sending fake Sony Supervisor emails.

I have my original email, security question and even my original password from 2014. The thing is she said she can't touch my account again and closed the chat immediately.

It's a lost cause, they just don't want to cooperate with me.

that would mean the account is compromised with an ID. If so you need to talk to a manager. Talking to people using a script won't help you. Also you need be careful how you say things while talking to support. I have no trouble getting good reps but in my situation there's nothing that can be done due to account's history. 

2 minutes ago, TrueAssassin86x said:

Stop gamesharing and trying to get "free" V-Bucks for overwatch. I have 3 accounts dating back to 2010. I never once lost a account and i dont even have maximum security. But hey have fun on PC gaming i here Steam gets hacked as bad as Psn.

not sure as to reason in his case but in my case it's because I had a rare ID and I got targeted for it. All my other account's are good xD

22 minutes ago, TrueAssassin86x said:

Stop gamesharing and trying to get "free" V-Bucks for overwatch. I have 3 accounts dating back to 2010. I never once lost a account and i dont even have maximum security. But hey have fun on PC gaming i here Steam gets hacked as bad as Psn.

First of all I don't play fortnite and I don't game share. I'm also glad you didn't lose your account but that doesn't mean you have to jump on me like that sir

Steam gets hacked or not the Support agent don't spread your information to unknown people.

19 minutes ago, SeniorUser said:

that would mean the account is compromised with an ID. If so you need to talk to a manager. Talking to people using a script won't help you. Also you need be careful how you say things while talking to support. I have no trouble getting good reps but in my situation there's nothing that can be done due to account's history. 

There is no way, I can't contact managers from here. They refused to help me last night because of my country, You have to be in us for A us account. Thanks for explaining though.

Edited by MrMike1377

4 minutes ago, MrMike1377 said:

Firt of all I don't play fortnite and I don't game share. I'm also glad you didn't lose your account but that doesn't mean you have to jump on me like that sir

Steam gets hacked or not the Support agent don't spread your information to unknown people.

There is no way, I can't contact managers from here. They refused to help me last night because of my country, You have to be in us for A us account. Thanks for explaining though.

yeah, I had that issue with one of my US account's before I knew how to deal with US support staff. You able to ring US number or is it gonna be too expensive? Live support is honestly worse way to contact them. Also if you have a thick accent they tend to be a pain as conversation doesn't flow that well with most reps. 

4 minutes ago, SeniorUser said:

yeah, I had that issue with one of my US account's before I knew how to deal with US support staff. You able to ring US number or is it gonna be too expensive? Live support is honestly worse way to contact them. Also if you have a thick accent they tend to be a pain as conversation doesn't flow that well with most reps. 

I can ring them and it's not that expensive 

Last night they told me they can't help me because I called them from a foreign country and they can only help people in the U.S. Which is a bummer tbh.

And I don't jump at them in my conversations, I just politely asked about my account and she started yelling at me that I'm not in us.

I'm still confused how they hacked my account in the first place.

• Like 1

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, MrMike1377 said:

I can ring them and it's not that expensive 

Last night they told me they can't help me because I called them from a foreign country and they can only help people in the U.S. Which is a bummer tbh.

And I don't jump at them in my conversations, I just politely asked about my account and she started yelling at me that I'm not in us.

I'm still confused how they hacked my account in the first place.

if the d.o.b on your psnprofiles is correct that might have a little to do with how they got some info. As for the overseas thing that shouldn't happen, thing you got a racist rep or misinformed, and apparently I've reach posting limit lol?

anyways, do you got a twitter or something?

Edited by SeniorUser

This almost happened to me. I got an email notification about a password reset I did not authorize. Thankfully I was still able to sign in to my account and i immediately changed my password and added a buffer with a nearly impossible security question that only I could know the answer too. Sorry this had to happen to you :(

That really sucks. The only thing I can think of, is try changing your info 4-5 times in a row. If Sony gives out new info only if you have the previous info, this may prevent them from getting the account. Since this new person will only know the info from 5+ changes ago.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

That really sucks. The only thing I can think of, is try changing your info 4-5 times in a row. If Sony gives out new info only if you have the previous info, this may prevent them from getting the account. Since this new person will only know the info from 5+ changes ago.

honestly, that can get you banned.

4 minutes ago, MrMike1377 said:

Can anyone please confirm if this an official email or not?

https://imgur.com/a/SiYUjfk

This is getting out of control.

Should be able to tell for sure by the email headers.  It should be sent from a sony domain if it's really their support.

That said, I don't think it's necessary to check that in this case.

They're asking you to email them at a gmail account, and not a sony one if I'm reading that correctly.  That's bad.

Also, I'm betting the official Sony support won't have a signature that says "Best Regrads."

Looks like some kind of phishing attempt.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, dmland12 said:

Should be able to tell for sure by the email headers.  It should be sent from a sony domain if it's really their support.

It's [email protected]

I think it's a robot, It keeps spamming the same text in different colors.

I'm sorry if this topic is getting long. I'm really hopeless and support well, They won't help me at all. I'm going to try for one last time and talk to the manager about this and hope they keep my damn information safe.

Edited by MrMike1377

6 minutes ago, MrMike1377 said:

It's [email protected]

I'm sorry if this topic is getting long. I'm really hopeless and support well, They won't help me at all. I'm going to try for one last time and talk to the manager about this and hope they keep my damn information safe.

When I had issues with Playstation, they refused to do any communication with me via email. They told me to tweet them or call them. 

10 minutes ago, MrMike1377 said:

It's [email protected]

Official playstation emails will have the header of something like [email protected]

another official domain they use is [email protected]

and when you contact customer service you'll get an automated message from [email protected]

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 2