PSN Account got compromised again

MrMike1377

• 5 months later...

i know how you feel, my account was hacked twince within 20 min nminutes now sony says to maintian the surcirty of this account we can no longer make chnages, spent over t6 hours on the nphone with them, refusing to help, refusing to esclate, telling me its imsppobile

• 1 month later...

I know this thread is rather old, but did nobody notice the sheer amount of typos in that "official" responses? Also, notice that the brand name is PlayStation and not Playstation. "Station" is always written with a capital s.
yyk6v.png

I have regained access to some old and abandoned accounts recently and it always was a) via phone and I always had to send a copy of my ID card.
If you run into any issues with your account, ALWAYS start via https://my.playstation.com/ or just https://www.playstation.com/.
If something looks fishy, call Sony. Don't use that worthless chat. Speak to them directly.

If you receive an email that looks like it could be from Sony, look closely at the details. They always use your first name. Also, pay attention to the email address the mail came from. This is an actual mail from Sony I received a few minutes ago:

dfatjmnasyfgmayrdfzmn2pjsf.png

If it looks any different (aside from the language), it's fake. Delete it and don't click on anything.

Make sure to use an extra strong password. My PSN accounts have passwords with 50 characters each. I'm using the freeware PWGen to create strong passwords.
This is strong:

pwgengkke7.png

It's pretty frightening to see how careless and naive most people are in terms of internet security.

Edited by The Abiding Dude
  • Like 2