Asmund89

Story Questions

5 posts in this topic

If I have not played the souls games, will I be missing out on any of the story for this game? Does this game have anything to do with the souls games? I tried looking around a bit for an answer but didn't really find a satisfying post.

Absolutely nothing to do with the Souls, it's a totally different game in a totally different world. But the story is not the main part in these games; if you want to understand the story you really have to explore a lot, read everything, talk to everyone, and interpret the story by yourself, and even look for theories on the internet. Don't expect a crystal-clear story like in other games.

Yeah like the person above me said, I would say even read item descriptions to find out more. Theres a great youtube channel called VaatiVidya that goes through everything there is in the game, https://www.youtube.com/user/VaatiVidya I would say there are hints and nods at other souls games, certain characters that are very much like other characters. All in all just a fantastic game.

No you will not be missing out on anything story related. Bloodborne is similar to Dark Souls in many regards, but the two are not directly related. 

I don't feel the story is as murky as stated above - I felt I got the story in most of it's entirety from just playing the game and going for all the trophies.

Maybe i just picked up on it easier than most - but the story flowed fairly well imo.