Earn trophies in a new user

Pottercito_

You'd have to delete the user that your PSN account is associated with if you want to do this, because your PSN account can't be associated with 2 different users on a PS3. There won't be any issues doing it though, since the PS3 has connected to the internet before the time stamps of your trophies will be accurate. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sergen said:

You'd have to delete the user that your PSN account is associated with if you want to do this, because your PSN account can't be associated with 2 different users on a PS3. There won't be any issues doing it though, since the PS3 has connected to the internet before the time stamps of your trophies will be accurate. 

So you mean that I have to delete the old user, and log in with my psn id (Pottercito_) in the new user before earning my first trophy or then it will get with missing timestamp? That's what I understand.

Edited by Pottercito_

2 minutes ago, Pottercito_ said:

So you mean that I have to delete the old user, and log in with my psn id (Pottercito_) in the new user before earning my first trophy or then it will get with missing timestamp? That's what I understand.

You need to delete the account that your PSN account is associated with because you won't be allowed to sign into your PSN account on a new user otherwise. You won't get missing time stamps from earning trophies on a blank user, that only happens if the PS3 has never been connected to the internet before. 

6 minutes ago, Sergen said:

You need to delete the account that your PSN account is associated with because you won't be allowed to sign into your PSN account on a new user otherwise. You won't get missing time stamps from earning trophies on a blank user, that only happens if the PS3 has never been connected to the internet before. 

Oh okay thank you, so I'll delete the main one, create another user and sign in with Pottercito_ PSN Profile and continue my trophy hunting. I've heard that if I sync my trophies the first time in the online mode it will take some time depending on my trophy count. 

54 minutes ago, Pottercito_ said:

I'm going to create a new user in my PS3 system, but I want to still be able to earn trophies and sync them to my PSN account, is it possible? Nothing will be wrong? 

curiosity question : why do you want to create a new user with the same psn account?...the reason I'm asking is because it will reset all of your settings with regards to preferences like theme, font, messages, saved movies, pics, images, saved data, and such which can all be modified/deleted/added on your current user...your friend and trophy lists will carry over once you sign into psn again...

Edited by ProfBambam55

3 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

curiosity question : why do you want to create a new user with the same psn account?...the reason I'm asking is because it will reset all of your settings with regards to preferences like theme, font, messages, saved movies, pics, images, and such which can all be modified/deleted/added on your current user...your friend list and trophies will carry over...

I don't have theme, movies, images, almost nothing, only trophies. All right to answer you, because I bought a game with some scratches, and I'm going to plat it offline in my main account/user, so in case the game gets damaged and I can't continue earning the trophies, then I will delete that user and create another one, so to keep my completion right, probably It is not going to happen, but in case. Sorry for my english, I'm from Colombia. 

It would be wiser to obtain the platinum trophy first. If you can earn the platinum despite of the disc condition, then you can delete your user if you want and recreate it on your another user. 

In case the disc is so damaged that you can't get all trophies, you can just delete the new user and problem solve. 

It is not a good idea to delete your main user (the one associated with your psn account) before making sure you can plat the game stored in the damaged disc. 

1 hour ago, Pottercito_ said:

I don't have theme, movies, images, almost nothing, only trophies. All right to answer you, because I bought a game with some scratches, and I'm going to plat it offline in my main account/user, so in case the game gets damaged and I can't continue earning the trophies, then I will delete that user and create another one, so to keep my completion right, probably It is not going to happen, but in case. Sorry for my english, I'm from Colombia. 

35 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

It would be wiser to obtain the platinum trophy first. If you can earn the platinum despite of the disc condition, then you can delete your user if you want and recreate it on your another user. 

In case the disc is so damaged that you can't get all trophies, you can just delete the new user and problem solve. 

It is not a good idea to delete your main user (the one associated with your psn account) before making sure you can plat the game stored in the damaged disc. 

I see and agree with above response...to be simple, here's what I recommend as an alternative:

- do not play this game on your main account...

- create blank user...

- attempt plat on blank profile entirely offline...as in don't link any email info...

- if achieved, back up save data for main account profile either to usb storage device or ps+ cloud...

- delete main account user only...

- enter main account email/password to blank account with new plat...

- sync trophies...

- either delete user and recreate main profile (pointless at this point) or upload previously backed up save data to blank user making it your new main account...

this saves you from needlessly deleting your main profile user or backing up saves if unachievable...

Edited by ProfBambam55

17 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

I see and agree with above response...to be simple, here's what I recommend as an alternative:

- do not play this game on your main account...

- create blank user...

- attempt plat on blank profile entirely offline...as in don't link any email info...

- if achieved, back up save data for main account profile either to usb storage device or ps+ cloud...

- delete main account user only...

- enter main account email/password to blank account with new plat...

- sync trophies...

- either delete user and recreate main profile (pointless at this point) or upload previously backed up save data to blank user making it your new main account...

this saves you from needlessly deleting your main profile user or backing up saves if unachievable...

This does not work with online trophies, probably none in this case, but I would recommend against it, as it may make your profile look strange with games popping up out of nowhere 100%'d, especially if you played other games in the meanwhile.

I recommend you just play the games, have fun and get the trophies you get.

2 hours ago, Pottercito_ said:

I'm going to create a new user in my PS3 system, but I want to still be able to earn trophies and sync them to my PSN account, is it possible? Nothing will be wrong? 

I would strongly discourage what ProfBambam55 said it in the case of PS3. It just makes it look like you edited timestamps etc.

Edited by MMDE

2 hours ago, MMDE said:

This does not work with online trophies, probably none in this case, but I would recommend against it, as it may make your profile look strange with games popping up out of nowhere 100%'d, especially if you played other games in the meanwhile.

I recommend you just play the games, have fun and get the trophies you get.

I would strongly discourage what ProfBambam55 said it in the case of PS3. It just makes it look like you edited timestamps etc.

if the trophies are earned legit there should be no issues as far as I know as they will appear all in proper order for said game...even if playing other games in between, it should look no different than a team account and I doubt any of the trophies would be close together if you are indeed the only one playing on your console...discouraging people based on "it could look like edited timestamps" is a fair statement but should not earn you a permanent flag here based on the current set of leaderboard rules if the timestamps are in order...correct?...this person could just explain that they followed the instructions laid out in this thread, no?...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

if the trophies are earned legit there should be no issues as far as I know as they will appear all in proper order for said game...even if playing other games in between, it should look no different than a team account and I doubt any of the trophies would be close together if you are indeed the only one playing on your console...discouraging people based on "it could look like edited timestamps" is a fair statement but should not earn you a permanent flag here based on the current set of leaderboard rules if the timestamps are in order...correct?...this person could just explain that they followed the instructions laid out in this thread, no?...

Yes, I discourage people doing this, because it does look bad afterwards. Just play the games normal. Completion percentage isn't just pointless, focusing on it may worsen your gaming experience.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Yes, I discourage people doing this, because it does look bad afterwards. Just play the games normal. Completion percentage isn't just pointless, focusing on it may worsen your gaming experience.

but not against any rules, yes?...and when did you become the authority on what other people should consider meaningful or what may improve their gaming experience?...seems like an odd statement...

the op has asked a question about alt users due to a scratched disc...it has been answered...not a hint of intent of any type of cheating has been mentioned...not sure why this thread merits any kind of trolling over others...i think it goes without saying that we should all play our games legit regardless of how many users or people contribute to our accounts...bottom line : earn trophies within the site leaderboard rule parameters = no need to worry about flags...unless of course they are incorrect and can be easily justified like our case here...

i think it should be asked : is the above method of "protecting" completion % a violation of rules if trophies are earned legit?...if not, then your comment is basically just "earn your trophies without cheating", yes?...wouldn't that advice apply to the vast majority of the threads here?...and if so, why cherry pick this one for criticism?...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

Just now, ProfBambam55 said:

but not against any rules, yes?...and when did you become the authority on what other people should consider pointless or what may improve their gaming experience?...seems like an odd statement...

the op has asked a question about alt users due to a scratched disc...it has been answered...not a hint of intent of any type of cheating has been mentioned...not sure why this thread merits any kind of trolling over others...i think it goes without saying that we should all play our games legit regardless of how many users or people contribute to our accounts...bottom line : earn trophies within the site leaderboard rule parameters = no need to worry about flags...unless of course they are incorrect and can be easily justified like our case here...

i think it should be asked : is the above method of "protecting" completion % a violation of rules if trophies are earned legit?...if not, then your comment is basically just "earn your trophies without cheating", yes?...wouldn't that advice apply to the vast majority of the threads here?...and if so, why cherry pick this one for criticism?...

Again, I discourage it, and it definitely won't do you much good.

Just now, MMDE said:

Again, I discourage it, and it definitely won't do you much good.

it would do you good if your goal was to maintain 100% completion and were worried about losing it over a scratched disc that you owned...whether you or I agree with this mentality as being pointless or unenjoyable makes no difference, no?...the op has yet asked our opinion on the matter...only how to best go about trying out the game on a user other than their main account...i wholeheartedly agree that we should discourage people from cheating but this method or thread discussion has not actually been about cheating anything...hence, as is, heeds no warning or discouragement imo...

I also strongly discourage using this method. The only reason to use this method, as pointed out by dzstrpc above me, is if you're going to sync different games in between starting and finishing a game on a blank account.  This causes an effect of a game appearing out of nowhere, and mimics CFW.  Depending on the game and the time involved you may be flagged.

5 hours ago, MMDE said:

40 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

I also strongly discourage using this method. This causes an effect of a game appearing out of nowhere, and mimics CFW. 

1 hour ago, audiopile said:

It puts false positives on MMDE's cheater detector but its not flag-worthy.

if we read between the lines and take the latter statement as truth then it might be safe to assume that the cheat detection on this site is a tad flawed for cases like this...there has been no statement that doing this is in fact illegitimate or against site leaderboard rules...just "hard to discern from cfw use"...hence, from my understanding, the discouragement as you might find yourself with a flag by default...

fortunately, you have created a thread outlining the game you intend to play and the reason for playing it offline and/or on another user...we know your start date must be some time around now so hopefully all the flag team would need to do is look at your time stamps and clear a flag should all trophies be in order...that being said, it might be wise to avoid this method since the team in charge of flags are volunteers who put a lot of effort in keeping cheaters off the leaderboards (some also appear to have a bias against gamers with 100% profiles, for no apparent reason...haha...) and it makes their task of detecting actual cheaters more difficult...have I understood this right?...

• Like 1

Okay, to let you all know, I earned the plat and sync it, Im the second fastest achiever, just seven minutes left for the first place, I played this game in PS2 and I spent hundred of hours there, I love Harry Potter (thats why my profile is Pottercito) and I got the plat quick, although I could be the number one in the world, but I ate, I was at bath haha, so thank you all for your replies a new plat #69.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pottercito_ said:

Okay, to let you all know, I earned the plat and sync it, Im the second fastest achiever, just seven minutes left for the first place, I played this game in PS2 and I spent hundred of hours there, I love Harry Potter (thats why my profile is Pottercito) and I got the plat quick, although I could be the number one in the world, but I ate, I was at bath haha, so thank you all for your replies a new plat #69.

haha...funny to think that the #1 person may not have eaten or bathed for a plat...the things some do for trophies, aye?...gratz on your success (and on doing it grimelessly and on a full stomach at that)...

9 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

haha...funny to think that the #1 person may not have eaten or bathed for a plat...the things some do for trophies, aye?...gratz on your success (and on doing it grimelessly and on a full stomach at that)...

I also went to the grocery store, and I did other in game medals that was no needed for the trophies haha, thank you man.

Edited by Pottercito_