WHAT PLAYSTATION 4 DO YOU OWN

Squarevii87

PS4PRO OR BASE MODEL  

337 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT PLAYSTATION YOU OWN?

Base PS4, which must be about four-and-a-half years old by now and still performing fine. I'm sure the Pro has its uses, but I'm also sure I wouldn't benefit from it. I don't have a fancy TV set-up, for one thing, and only recently have I seen slight performance issues with new PS4 games; framerate drops in Ni No Kuni 2 and Team Sonic Racing, for instance. It's annoying, but hardly worth dropping £350 on an upgraded version of a console I already own. Especially with PS5 right around the corner.

Slim. As someone posted, i dont find the Pro worth it even when having a 4K Smart Tv, i dont need graphics for shooters and i only use it now to play COD and exclusives, since i came back to PC gaming.

Edited by TheLordDSK

Pro. I traded in my launch PS4 towards it at GameStop in October 2017, when they were running a sales promotion. I think it was worthwhile, since I have a 4K gaming monitor. I've definitely gotten some use out of boost mode, too, and certain games with Pro-specific options (like "The Surge") also run very well.

Edited by ScarecrowsFate

I had the original PS4 but it broke on me so I ended up getting a Pro, I do quite like it though it can be a bit noisy when playing some high end games like God of War.