Trophy Guide

fullthrottlenine

That's a good question. When the game released, it was criticized because it was called "18 Floors," but it had only two floors. When a player went to press the button for Floor 3, the game said "To Be Continued." Some people complained that that was false advertising.

The developers promised two new floors as DLC, and they delivered. But it seemed like they released the DLC merely to appease the critics. Now, this new DLC comes to an end, but there's a new elevator button for Floor 5. You guessed it, when you press the button, the game says "To Be Continued."

So, do the developers intend to release even more DLC? Was it just a stylistic choice to end the game? Is that a tease for the continuation of 18 Floors on the next gen console? It seems likely that they might continue releasing DLC, but I don't have the answer. Then again, at a $10-15 price tag, how much DLC should they be expected to deliver? All the way up to the 18th floor itself just because they dared to call it "18 Floors"? Seems like that would take years and a lot more money than the selling price asks for.

It's possible, although I haven't played the game myself so it's a little strange to me. What is the game actually about? Is it worth starting the floors and then waiting? Cos to me, it'll be better to wait until all 18 floors are available and then play it. It thought it was a VR horror game tbh, but probably not haha.

Some people find the game unsettling or creepy. I can see that, but it's not actually scary to me. It doesn't have jump scares or similar tactics. It's really more of an escape room style of game. So, if you like solving puzzles, especially hard puzzles, this game is for you. The puzzles are indeed difficult. As to the "story," if there is one, it seems to involve some ghost or otherworld entity (perhaps you've seen a picture of the ghostly looking Asian woman). Anyway, the levels seem old timey or other worldly. But ultimately, they just seem like disconnected cool-looking rooms to try to escape from.  Check out some reviews on YouTube to see if it otherwise is your type of game. Off to work now. Take care.

3 hours ago, fullthrottlenine said:

That's a good question. When the game released, it was criticized because it was called "18 Floors," but it had only two floors. When a player went to press the button for Floor 3, the game said "To Be Continued." Some people complained that that was false advertising.

The developers promised two new floors as DLC, and they delivered. But it seemed like they released the DLC merely to appease the critics. Now, this new DLC comes to an end, but there's a new elevator button for Floor 5. You guessed it, when you press the button, the game says "To Be Continued."

So, do the developers intend to release even more DLC? Was it just a stylistic choice to end the game? Is that a tease for the continuation of 18 Floors on the next gen console? It seems likely that they might continue releasing DLC, but I don't have the answer. Then again, at a $10-15 price tag, how much DLC should they be expected to deliver? All the way up to the 18th floor itself just because they dared to call it "18 Floors"? Seems like that would take years and a lot more money than the selling price asks for.

Yes, the developers started working on the next floors around November last year, when these were finished. From what I gathered - this was a set of two floors for, as you said, those who were a bit annoyed that the game didn't actually have 18 floors on release (Although the store does state it on there, I think the Pc version didn't say anything). However, I vaguely being told by the publisher that the next set will be bigger and contain more floors. 

The question is, will it be chargeable or free? Considering the game is only about £10-15 and you can already get 5-8 hours out of it as it is (based on your skill level), I wouldn't have a problem if they put a price on the next DLCs (as long as they don't charge a lot). 

• Like 1

• 4 years later...