sona_11

Tips for the last 10 Recipes

6 posts in this topic

I just got the platinum that made me nearly lose my mind, so I decided to give you some tips for the last 10 recipes.

1- The rumor about the NPCs should visit you 50 times is wrong. Why ? Because I tested it myself 

2- Each NPC have a favorite dish that is not related to their stories ( you can talk to them and they will tell what they like indirectly)

• Poncho: Satay 
  • Celis: hot spicy - rice curry 
  • Rosetta: sweet cold 
  • Maurice: hot spicy - man’s curry (I’m not sure of the name)
  • Hugh: meat ( i’m not really sure sorry)
  • Ginji: bitter cold - potato salad
  • Chou Chou- sweet - green salad, chocolate sundae 
  • Miere: cold - fruit salad
  • Lanch: warm sweet - muffin 
  • Dr.Zeff: Bouillabaisse

3- after long time of serving and waiting, the NPCs will start to ask for their dishes that are related to their stories, this means that you’re a little close for them to give you their recipes 

4- It’s better for the served dish to be of high quality so they give you a good review ( the review is important )

5- To not waste ingredients, put in the menu a dish that can’t be made and when  the NPC visit the cafe, add their favorite dish and serve it to them 

I hope that helped you a little 

Edited by sona_11

Just going to add my experience though I have no concrete answers.  Definitely did not need to learn secret ingredients or have their special dish on the menu.  Was reloading when no NPCs showed up so items on the menu did not appear to determine who should up.  Unfortunately I did not track how many reviews/whether they liked the dish.  I did track the number of visits: Poncho 46, Huey 64, Rosetta 49, Celis 53, Chou Chou 78, Genji 80, Zeff 78, Lanche 92, Maurice 88 and Miere 74.  This is the order I got them in since Miere's rate of spawn was much lower.

Still need 5 recipes but if it can help here's how I get 5 stars reviews from the last story characters (not sure about the dishes names in english sorry) :

- Maurice : manly curry (his story dish), spicy

- Ginji : bouillabaisse, bitter

- Miere : fruit pie (it's in the "bread" section), cold

- Chouchou & Lanche : mont blanc (secret recipe from Rosetta), sweet

- Dr Zeff : energy soup (his story dish), bitter

Other recipe could also work, that's just the ones I use to get 5 stars reviews. Not sure if the ingredient quality impacts the review, but I try using the best ingredients I can to make the dishes " +2 " or " +3 " quality. If you run out of ingredients just use different ones the important thing is the overall taste (sweet, salty, etc) of the dish, it has to fit what the character like.

Also it's important to note that if your cook starts dancing with a sad face emoji, he WILL fail the dish he's currently preparing, even if you talk to him immediately, resulting in "it was better last time" 2 stars reviews. To prevent that, I found that giving the order right after Ipanema does it works pretty well, as Luccola is less likely to get in a bad mood between two successive orders. Basically you take the story character's order, you wait for Ipanema to put in her current order and then you do the same. Then check on Luccola: if he starts preparing the food normally, leave him be, but if he starts smiling and dancing go talk to him immediately. The first order will be ruined, but that won't matter because that's Ipanema's order and not the one for the story character.

Hope that helps because the grind for the last recipes is such a pain...

Hello~! 

Thank you all so much for the information. I'm afraid I'm struggling as I have served Huey 60+ times, but he still won't give me his recipe. :/ Have there been any updates as to what triggers the NPC's to give out their recipes?

Posted (edited)

On 19/07/2019 at 1:46 AM, fated_reverie said:

Hello~! 

Thank you all so much for the information. I'm afraid I'm struggling as I have served Huey 60+ times, but he still won't give me his recipe. :/ Have there been any updates as to what triggers the NPC's to give out their recipes?

I had to serve the majority of them between 70-110 times (successfully) in the post-game in order to get all the recipes. 

Edited by Vrisnem