Tips for the last 10 Recipes

sona_11

I just got the platinum that made me nearly lose my mind, so I decided to give you some tips for the last 10 recipes.

1- The rumor about the NPCs should visit you 50 times is wrong. Why ? Because I tested it myself 

2- Each NPC have a favorite dish that is not related to their stories ( you can talk to them and they will tell what they like indirectly)

• Poncho: Satay 
  • Celis: hot spicy - rice curry 
  • Rosetta: sweet cold 
  • Maurice: hot spicy - man’s curry (I’m not sure of the name)
  • Hugh: meat ( i’m not really sure sorry)
  • Ginji: bitter cold - potato salad
  • Chou Chou- sweet - green salad, chocolate sundae 
  • Miere: cold - fruit salad
  • Lanch: warm sweet - muffin 
  • Dr.Zeff: Bouillabaisse

3- after long time of serving and waiting, the NPCs will start to ask for their dishes that are related to their stories, this means that you’re a little close for them to give you their recipes 

4- It’s better for the served dish to be of high quality so they give you a good review ( the review is important )

5- To not waste ingredients, put in the menu a dish that can’t be made and when  the NPC visit the cafe, add their favorite dish and serve it to them 

I hope that helped you a little 

Edited by sona_11
  • Like 3

Just going to add my experience though I have no concrete answers.  Definitely did not need to learn secret ingredients or have their special dish on the menu.  Was reloading when no NPCs showed up so items on the menu did not appear to determine who should up.  Unfortunately I did not track how many reviews/whether they liked the dish.  I did track the number of visits: Poncho 46, Huey 64, Rosetta 49, Celis 53, Chou Chou 78, Genji 80, Zeff 78, Lanche 92, Maurice 88 and Miere 74.  This is the order I got them in since Miere's rate of spawn was much lower.

• 4 months later...

Still need 5 recipes but if it can help here's how I get 5 stars reviews from the last story characters (not sure about the dishes names in english sorry) :

- Maurice : manly curry (his story dish), spicy

- Ginji : bouillabaisse, bitter

- Miere : fruit pie (it's in the "bread" section), cold

- Chouchou & Lanche : mont blanc (secret recipe from Rosetta), sweet

- Dr Zeff : energy soup (his story dish), bitter

Other recipe could also work, that's just the ones I use to get 5 stars reviews. Not sure if the ingredient quality impacts the review, but I try using the best ingredients I can to make the dishes " +2 " or " +3 " quality. If you run out of ingredients just use different ones the important thing is the overall taste (sweet, salty, etc) of the dish, it has to fit what the character like.

Also it's important to note that if your cook starts dancing with a sad face emoji, he WILL fail the dish he's currently preparing, even if you talk to him immediately, resulting in "it was better last time" 2 stars reviews. To prevent that, I found that giving the order right after Ipanema does it works pretty well, as Luccola is less likely to get in a bad mood between two successive orders. Basically you take the story character's order, you wait for Ipanema to put in her current order and then you do the same. Then check on Luccola: if he starts preparing the food normally, leave him be, but if he starts smiling and dancing go talk to him immediately. The first order will be ruined, but that won't matter because that's Ipanema's order and not the one for the story character.

Hope that helps because the grind for the last recipes is such a pain...

• 1 month later...
On 19/07/2019 at 1:46 AM, fated_reverie said:

Hello~! 

Thank you all so much for the information. I'm afraid I'm struggling as I have served Huey 60+ times, but he still won't give me his recipe. :/ Have there been any updates as to what triggers the NPC's to give out their recipes?

I had to serve the majority of them between 70-110 times (successfully) in the post-game in order to get all the recipes. 

Edited by Vrisnem

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello everyone, everything all right? I am trying to get the platinum trophy, already got 3/10 recipes (poncho, huey and Rosetta) but got stuck on these three. All my recipes to the story npc get rate 5 reviews, they even call for their story dishes but i think its taking too long. anyone already have found the trigger to the recipes?

Edited by Vira-Kbca

• 2 months later...

Just got my last 10 recipes. It took me about 3-4 days of mostly nonstop (except for sleep) monitoring the cafe. I used OP's suggestion of leaving only a dish that cannot be made on my menu to save ingredients until the important customers came. Here were the dishes I used for each of them, albeit with some slight change over time:

Poncho: Well-Salted Satay +3

Celis: Slightly Spicy Curry Rice +3
Rosetta: Very Sweet Panna Cotta +3
Maurice: Slightly Spicy Man's Curry +3
Huey: Well-Salted Zucchi Cutlet +1
Ginji: Slightly Bitter Potato Salad +2
Chou Chou- Very Sweet Chocolate Sundae +3
Miere: Slightly Spicy Fruit Salad +3
Lanche: Very Sweet Muffin +2
Dr. Zeff: Slightly Bitter Bouillabaisse +3

And this was my order of major milestones:

1. Poncho asking for story food

2. Huey asking for story food
3. Rosetta asking for story food
4. Celis asking for story food
5. Lasagna recipe from Huey
6. Steak recipe from Poncho
7. Ginji asking for story food
8. Maurice asking for story food
9. Miere asking for story food
10. Lanche asking for story food
11. Chou Chou asking for story food
12. Dr. Zeff asking for story food
13? Gelato recipe from Lanche (didn't notice this one, but I think it would have been #12 or #13)
14. Cream Cake recipe from Rosetta
15. Seafood Bowl recipe from Ginji
16. Fruit Sundae recipe from Miere
17. Spaghetti recipe from Dr. Zeff
18. Tom Yam Kung recipe from Celis
19. Keema Curry recipe from Maurice
20. Acqua Pazza recipe from Chou Chou

It took me several hours before anyone started asking me for their story food, then another several hours before I was given a recipe. For most of them, I estimate that I gave them over 20 instances of their story dish before they gave me their recipe, but a few of them took less than 10. I made huge progress on my third day, starting with 2/10 recipes and another ~5 characters asking me for their story dish, and finishing the day with 9/10 recipes and only about an hour left after i woke up the next day for the final one. In short, you have to put a good amount of time in before you start seeing serious progress.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

This recipe trophy took far longer then i expected, this thread was a big help on trying to get the 5 star reviews, but some of the recommended recipes didnt work for me at all, so i wanted to list the characters in order that i completed, alongside what recipe + ingredients got me the max review, some of these took a bit of experimentation

• Poncho
    • Supreme Well-Salted Satay +2
      • Lucky Yaki Meat
      • Thick Soy Sauce
      • Zucchi Short Rib
      • Thick Soy Sauce
      • Moray Eel
  • Huey
    • Supreme Well-Salted Zucchi Cutlet +2
      • Zucchi Short Rib
      • Volcanic Rock Salt
      • Moray Eel
  • Celis
    • Supreme Slightly Spicy Curry Rice +2
      • Garam Masala
      • Fluffy Rice
      • Ginger
      • Chili Pepper
      • Habanero
  • Rosetta
    • Supreme Very Sweet Panna Cotta +3
      • Fresh Cream
      • Arapaima
      • Cauliflower
      • Corn
  • Dr. Zeff
    • Supreme Acquired Tasting Bouillabaisse +2
      • Sweetfish
      • Char
      • Carp
      • Tilapia
  • Ginji
    • Supreme Refreshing Potato Salad +2
      • Potato
      • Balsamic Vinegar
      • Tilapia
      • Freshwater Sweetfish
      • Walnut
  • Maurice
    • Supreme Slightly Spicy Man's Curry +3
      • Garam Masala
      • Zucchi Roast
      • Yaki White Liver
      • Fresh Grouper
  • Lanche
    • Supreme Very Sweet Muffin +2
      • Light Flour
      • Mango
      • Sugar
      • Pumpkin
  • Miere (she was tough to figure out, she likes warm and sour food)
    • Supreme Refreshing Tomato Soup +3
      • Tomato
      • Tomato
      • Shiny Egg
      • Fresh Grouper
  • Chou Chou
    • Supreme Very Sweet Mont Blanc
      • Chestnut
      • Fresh Cream
      • Fluffy Rice
      • Red Kidney Beans

I hope this helps someone. I'm also very sure that the ingredients used impacts the review, i can have an identical dish in every way, having the same sweetness and +modifier as well as being supreme and the same number of 'musical notes' on it, but give radically different reviews constantly, i would bet that each ingredient has a hidden 'crunchiness' or 'sticky' modifier, that or each character has a hidden list of likes and dislikes for every ingredient separately.

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

adding my statistics for future struggling hunters:

order is when I got the recipes, first number is how many visits until recipe, second number is when they started asking for story food, third number is story foods asked for and given:

Poncho 41/-/-

Huey 54/-/-

Celis 39/11/15

Rosetta 47/11/18

Miere 63/42/6

Maurice 69/26/-

Genji 55/32/11

Dr Zeff 59/54/3

Chou Chou 62/25/19

Lanche 68/55/7

I didn't check with Poncho and Huey for food since they are the fastest to do anyway, and left Maurice alone after the first food asked for. Additionally I only served Poncho 4 star 4 review foods. It seems to me like it made no difference at all whether the food was good or you gifted them anything. I assume the different numbers are because story visits count too, even if you don't get a recipe until postgame.

Good luck to everyone still going for this. I'm glad I'm done.

Edited by Hokupe
forgot additional review info.