• Final Fantasy VI
    • Final Fantasy VII
    • Final Fantasy VIII
    • Final Fantasy IX
    • Final Fantasy X
    • Final Fantasy XII
    • Final Fantasy XIII
    • Final Fantasy XV

For me its 7 cos thats the first final i have played and was masterpiece,sublime and still it is

i will choose second best 8 

and third im beetween 9 and 6 

worst since 6? i think 10-15  i know a lot of people will hate that im saying this 

what about the last entry,i think it was a total mess,unfinished still after almost ten years with million  patches and dlcs 

final fantasy are in downhill since 10 and after squaresoft merged with enix

ominous future 

1 hour ago, Ilzaki said:

V, what can I say?  I like Butz.  Jokes aside, V is my favorite.  I like the class system and the cast is pretty good.  Four out of the five party members are awesome and the fifth isn't bad.  Also, it's Gilgamesh's debut.  Or should I say deButz?

Ooh...whom don't you like out of V's cast :D

For me it goes 6,4,5,7 and now that I have played 9 I will put that at #5

20 minutes ago, LucianaRosethorn said:

Final Fantasy XIII is definitely my favorite but IX is also extremely good. VII and XV are the worst by far, surprised how many people actual like those two. xD

Exact opposite for me, I don't understand how anyone likes the trash heap that is 13

Anything up to 9 is good, although the last disc and a half of 9 is pretty terrible.

5 has the best job system 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ilzaki said:

Krile, like I said she's not bad.  But I like Galuf more.

OK funny story about her and I will put in spoilers below for those who haven't played 5 yet.

Spoiler

When I first played the game Galuf dying got spoiled for me (hence why I put this in spoilers for other people) so once I found that out I figured "well no point levelling up his jobs anymore I will just make him a Blue Mage to get more Blue Spells for me.

Then when Krile came I was like SHE INHERITS ALL HIS JOB ABILITIES...SONOFABITCH :P

• Like 1

My choices are indeed the total opposite of 99% of FF fans in that my favourite titles are the ones everyone else didn't like. But anyway....

My actual favourite is X-2, I had over 300 hours and 11 playthroughs on the PS2 version when I was 12, I was so addicted to that game. I put all my effort into getting the plat in one playthrough which I succeeded in doing.  But here I picked XIII, I love Lightning and really enjoyed the entire 13 series with LR being my favourite of the three. It had my second favourite battle system (X-2 was my first with the dresspheres and sphere grids which I really liked), and personally I enjoyed the otherwise complex story. I have the Ultimania Omega books for all three XIII games as well, and read them all cover to cover in detail.

XII TZA is another I really liked, especially with the new job system. It wasn't by favourite battle system though, hence making me put it beneath X-2 and the XIII trilogy on my favourites list. 

FFX was my first FF, and although the story and characters were fantastic, the gameplay annoyed me. I didn't like like sphere grid and battle system (much prefer ATB than pure turn based), and it was too hard post game with those dark aeons, chocobo mini game and dodging lightning bolts.... it's the only FF Ive played where I couldn't get the platinum, oh well. It was the the game that got me into the series though. 

I haven't played any of the older FFs prior to X  besides the DS remakes of III and IV, and the tactics games on DS. I do plan on playing the VII remake whenever it comes out. 

XV was the worst, it shouldn't even be titled Final Fantasy, it didn't feel like FF at all. Also, they went overboard with the online and dlc stuff, relentlessly releasing new content and endings over a year post release. They need to just get onto working on a new FF instead of adding more to XV. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

My choices are indeed the total opposite of 99% of FF fans in that my favourite titles are the ones everyone else didn't like. But anyway....

My actual favourite is X-2, I had over 300 hours and 11 playthroughs on the PS2 version when I was 12, I was so addicted to that game. I put all my effort into getting the plat in one playthrough which I succeeded in doing.  But here I picked XIII, I love Lightning and really enjoyed the entire 13 series with LR being my favourite of the three. It had my second favourite battle system (X-2 was my first with the dresspheres and sphere grids which I really liked), and personally I enjoyed the otherwise complex story. I have the Ultimania Omega books for all three XIII games as well, and read them all cover to cover in detail.

XII TZA is another I really liked, especially with the new job system. It wasn't by favourite battle system though, hence making me put it beneath X-2 and the XIII trilogy on my favourites list. 

FFX was my first FF, and although the story and characters were fantastic, the gameplay annoyed me. I didn't like like sphere grid and battle system (much prefer ATB than pure turn based), and it was too hard post game with those dark aeons, chocobo mini game and dodging lightning bolts.... it's the only FF Ive played where I couldn't get the platinum, oh well. It was the the game that got me into the series though. 

I haven't played any of the older FFs prior to X  besides the DS remakes of III and IV, and the tactics games on DS. I do plan on playing the VII remake whenever it comes out. 

XV was the worst, it shouldn't even be titled Final Fantasy, it didn't feel like FF at all. Also, they went overboard with the online and dlc stuff, relentlessly releasing new content and endings over a year post release. They need to just get onto working on a new FF instead of adding more to XV. 

Well if you liked the Dress Spheres you would like 5 as that did the job system really well. Also Tactics is tons of fun and also does the Job system really well.

I personally wish X-2 had a trophy for maxing out the dress spheres because I enjoy that combat so much but for some reason these games never put things in like that and instead put trophies in for doing stupid stuff that has nothing to do with the game.

Like FF9 not needing all abilities but needs you to kill 10,000 enemies  

• Like 1

Will i be killed if i said X-2 was enjoyable for me? I loved the dress sphere thing so much as a kid, and even now. Also i'm pretty sure X-2 is a continuation to X, so it's considered a main series title i guess?

V was stunning as well, i don't see much love for it though.

XIII was superb to me, XIII-2 was...cute, at least the concept. Lightning Returns is defined as a hot mess by everyone since if you didn't like XIII you will HATE LR. I liked LR...cAn wE gEt a XIII tRiLoGy pOrT to PS4 pLZ.

My absolute favorite though is IX. It's such a breakover from previous games.

Edited by YaoiGod
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

OK funny story about her and I will put in spoilers below for those who haven't played 5 yet.

Hide contents

When I first played the game Galuf dying got spoiled for me (hence why I put this in spoilers for other people) so once I found that out I figured "well no point levelling up his jobs anymore I will just make him a Blue Mage to get more Blue Spells for me.

Then when Krile came I was like SHE INHERITS ALL HIS JOB ABILITIES...SONOFABITCH :P

Blue Magic is so good though.  Especially in V.

• Like 1

FFIX for me.

VIII was my first so I have a soft spot for him but IX was the on I truly sunk soo many hours into.

Even have the Prima guide somewhere in my home.

I actually ended buying the French version by mistake so my entire first experience with IX is me having no idea what the plot is, using the Prima guide to understand what I need to do and still having a blast.

Needless to say that I finished it like 10 more times in the English version once I a hold of it :)

for my ranking

IX > X > VIII > VII > X-2 > VI > V > XV >  XIII-2 > XIII-3 > XIII > mystic quest > Tactics > IV

And yes I know that I'm a minority that hates IV but I never managed to love it, finished it once and never went back.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 2:11 PM, Lava_Yuki said:

My actual favourite is X-2

I like X-2 as well. Not my favorite. Not in my top 3. Not in my top 5. But a solid game nonetheless.

My main gripe is how impossible it is to get 100% without a guide. I played that game so much on PS2, and...never...got...100%. Also, am I the only one who found it odd that Brother kept hitting on his (presumptive) cousin?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I like X-2 as well. Not my favorite. Not in my top 3. Not in my top 5. But a solid game nonetheless.

My main gripe is how impossible it is to get 100% without a guide. I played that game so much on PS2, and...never...got...100%. Also, am I the only one who found it odd that Brother kept hitting on his (presumptive) cousin?

I did it blind many times in the PS2 one and eventually got 100%, but found a great 100% guide on Gamefaqs which I had printed out at the time. I still had it and used it for the remake and got 100% in one playthrough. You're not the only one about brother, he was such a perve lol? I was amazed at how different he was in FFX though, I didn't see it coming when i played x-2.

On 14/01/2019 at 8:20 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

Well if you liked the Dress Spheres you would like 5 as that did the job system really well. Also Tactics is tons of fun and also does the Job system really well.

I personally wish X-2 had a trophy for maxing out the dress spheres because I enjoy that combat so much but for some reason these games never put things in like that and instead put trophies in for doing stupid stuff that has nothing to do with the game.

Like FF9 not needing all abilities but needs you to kill 10,000 enemies  

Same, the trophies were too easy. I maxed all the dresspheres and wished there was a gold trophy for it. Also, there should have been a gold for beating all the tournaments. I put a lot of time into the creature colosseum to get all the monsters and beat all the cups for iron dukes. It would have been much better than that silly gunners gauntlet trophy which was really annoying. FFX had a very challenging trophy list, so was surprised X-2 didn't have it the same.

FF9s plat is pretty tough with that rope mini game as well. 

On 14/01/2019 at 7:14 PM, LucianaRosethorn said:

Final Fantasy XIII is definitely my favorite but IX is also extremely good. VII and XV are the worst by far, surprised how many people actual like those two. xD

Agree! I loved XIII, hated XV. I don't see why so many people hated XIII and liked XV, XV was barely like an FF at all. It just felt like host boy Harvest moon or something with all the fishing, cooking and selfies, didn't thing guys did those things. I did like the battle system, but didn't like the way they made magic consumable and having to "farm" it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I did it blind many times in the PS2 one and eventually got 100%, but found a great 100% guide on Gamefaqs which I had printed out at the time. I still had it and used it for the remake and got 100% in one playthrough. You're not the only one about brother, he was such a perve lol1f605.png I was amazed at how different he was in FFX though, I didn't see it coming when i played x-2.

Same, the trophies were too easy. I maxed all the dresspheres and wished there was a gold trophy for it. Also, there should have been a gold for beating all the tournaments. I put a lot of time into the creature colosseum to get all the monsters and beat all the cups for iron dukes. It would have been much better than that silly gunners gauntlet trophy which was really annoying. FFX had a very challenging trophy list, so was surprised X-2 didn't have it the same.

FF9s plat is pretty tough with that rope mini game as well. 

Agree! I loved XIII, hated XV. I don't see why so many people hated XIII and liked XV, XV was barely like an FF at all. It just felt like host boy Harvest moon or something with all the fishing, cooking and selfies, didn't thing guys did those things. I did like the battle system, but didn't like the way they made magic consumable and having to "farm" it. 

Yeah Xs was a tougher list but I still find it funny we had to do all the shit we had to do in X but then as far as the Butterflies go they were like "nah, don't worry about those"

I mean i like the symbol well enough on its own i suppose but i wouldnt use Griever as pretty much all my profile pics if it wasnt VIII. Squall is my favorite character in gaming, Triple Triad is my favorite minigame ever and is probably the most rewarding one ive ever seen on top of that, favorite OST and summons for the series, and the ease in which you can become a god gameplay wise is fantastic. A good chunk of characters are hopelessly stupid at times but thats not enough to drag it down from 1st for me.

VIII > X > XII > VII > IX > XIII > X-2 > XV > VI > IV 

IV and VI dont give me much motivation to try the rest of the earlier ones but i do want to play XIV and LR at some point.  

• Like 1