Is the PS2 remastered version?

Terra

39 minutes ago, Katt said:

Also, you CANNOT buy this game after the game is released, pre-order bonus only. If you want this game, act fast.

Bummer for those that could miss the window of pre-order, on the flip side, I’m ultra happy that I pre-ordered it today! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Katt said:

Also, you CANNOT buy this game after the game is released, pre-order bonus only. If you want this game, act fast.

I'm sure it will be similar to those other games which were also pre-order exclusive but surprise surprise the publishers decided to sell them after a given time:
Final Fantasy XV --> A KIng's Taile

South Park: Fractured But Whole --> Stick of Truth

Not to forget a game like CoD: Infinite Warfare where you were able to purchase a standalone Modern Warfare a few months later. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

I'm wishing it's included in the Collector's Edition I ordered from Bandai Namco 1f610.png

Yes, it will be, because that's also a pre-order.

21 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

I'm sure it will be similar to those other games which were also pre-order exclusive but surprise surprise the publishers decided to sell them after a given time:
Final Fantasy XV --> A KIng's Taile

South Park: Fractured But Whole --> Stick of Truth

Not to forget a game like CoD: Infinite Warfare where you were able to purchase a standalone Modern Warfare a few months later. 

I visited Bandai Namco US's office and they informed me in no uncertain terms that they would not be able to sell AC5 in this form afterward. Hopefully you're right and that changes -- before I was told that, I was suspecting the same situation as Modern Warfare -- but they assured me it wasn't just marketing speak, there were actual issues with selling the game in the future.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, SlyCooperFan100 said:

I visited Bandai Namco US's office and they informed me in no uncertain terms that they would not be able to sell AC5 in this form afterward. Hopefully you're right and that changes -- before I was told that, I was suspecting the same situation as Modern Warfare -- but they assured me it wasn't just marketing speak, there were actual issues with selling the game in the future.

If that's true then I wonder why they decided to do a port of the game. Seems like a stupid business diecision to be honest. Why would someone port a game if they can't guarantee to refinance the costs. And I don't think that either a port of AC5 or AC6 (for the X1) would ensure a higher pre-order rate.

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

And I don't think that either a port of AC5 or AC6 (for the X1) would ensure a higher pre-order rate.

me before the AC5 announcement:

"I'll just buy the game later..."

me after the AC5 announcement:

Pre-ordered the game in the moment I had the money.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, totallycrushed said:

@Goldfire I'm not watching an unboxing of my bday gift 

That's fair enough, you have confirmation now at least. ?

Sharing the AC7 release date with your birthday is pretty cool, how old are you turning?

Edited by Goldfire
  • Like 1

On 15/01/2019 at 0:39 PM, Crimson Idol said:

If that's true then I wonder why they decided to do a port of the game. Seems like a stupid business diecision to be honest. Why would someone port a game if they can't guarantee to refinance the costs. And I don't think that either a port of AC5 or AC6 (for the X1) would ensure a higher pre-order rate.

It might have been simple process so it potentially was pretty good way to make extra buck. It's not like you get tens of thousands of extra preorders but it was probably enticing to many. I almost preordered the game myself because of it but i'been spending too much on games lately.

So I had an interesting one.

My game store (EB Games Australia) sent me an email this morning with the pre-order code that contained AC5/F4E/Theme/3 skins/F104C/8 Emblems as they apparently weren't included with the Strangereal edition (their words, not mine). A few hours later my delivery arrived of the Strangereal edition, and of course, that also included the pre-order code for AC5/F4E/Theme/3 skins/F104C/8 Emblems. The only thing I got as an extra from the Strangereal edition was the Season Pass (and obviously the Arsenal Bird/Pin/Patch/Artbook).

So, I've essentially ended up with two sets of the pre-order bonus listed above. I've passed one of the codes on to a friend.

How good is that artbook though? I read through a bit of it whilst the game was installing and it's an excellent read.

Edited by Goldfire
  • Like 1

Played the PS4 port of AC5 earlier tonight and it's kinda strange.  The CG sequences and gameplay are in full 16x9, and triggered Supersampling on my PS4 Pro, so they may be displaying in full 4k.  It was buttery smooth...  Noticeably less quality than AC7, of course, but still LOADS better than the original.

The strange part is that all of the menus and briefing screens are in 4:3 with the sides blanked out.  Not 100% why this is the case, but at least the important stuff is full resolution.

So it's definitely NOT like the other PS2 remasters like Dark Cloud or Wild Arms 3.  Bandai Namco DID put some extra work into the CG and Gameplay to make them buttery smooth and full screen.

• Like 1

Just thought I let you know...

I pre-ordered my copy on Amazon on Wednesday. It arrived today, but it didn't come with the pre-order bonus as it was advertised.

Letting Bandai Namco's customer service people know now. Get back soon.

Never mind. Amazon emailed the pre-order code and it works.  Is it too hard to add a sheet of paper with the code in the game case?

Edited by ApolloGrimoire

On 15/01/2019 at 1:42 AM, totallycrushed said:

About the trophy card and title, I guess they couldn't make a choice between the NA and EU titles :P

I think what’s probably happened is it was synced to site as the EU name for both but @BlindMango changed the title to the NA name to match AC7. It certainly shows the EU name on the console itself. 

Edited by dell9300