ACE COMBAT 7 trophy thoughts?

I'm happy there are trophies like "Destroyed all named aircraft in campaign mode" and "Completed all campaign mode missions on ACE difficulty with an S rank" - Like a throwback to the older games in the series.

I'm going in completely blind in AC7, I've forced myself to not watch any trailers or read any info (other than knowing it's set in Strangereal) - I hope it'll be an overall great game.

I'm also happy that the trophies for AC5 are decently fleshed out and include a platinum.

Edited by Goldfire

20 hours ago, SlyCooperFan100 said:

The Battle Royal mode in AC7 is not the one that Fortnite has. It's just a free-for-all deathmatch, it's what Japanese game developers call FFA.

haha I'm picturing a bunch of jets that start with no weapons, and then you need to uh.... fly.... into... a weapon or something. I don't know. Maybe just ram each other.

On 16/01/2019 at 3:54 AM, SlyCooperFan100 said:

@Goldfire Won't say anything, but I promise you, this game feels inside-and-out just like an older game in the series should feel like in 2019. You'll have a great time :D

Sounds good, I'm a huge fan of the Ace Combat series and the wait for AC7 without watching/reading anything is pretty difficult.

Thanks for the info.

Edit: Yep, I love it. Like you said, it does feel like the older games which is perfect, I haven't finished the campaign yet, but I'll be glad to play multiple playthroughs. Even the throwbacks to previous mechanics like

Spoiler

navigating through the air radar's involving President Harling was a nice touch.

Edited by Goldfire
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, milanbarca82 said:

can the "battle royale" trophy be boosted in a private session or something?

Battle Royale is actually just Free For All and the trophy will very likely be earned through normal gameplay - some rooms only have 4 people playing and setting a cost limit of 2000 stops any overpowered planes or unlocks.

Edited by BOOTP
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, milanbarca82 said:

can the "battle royale" trophy be boosted in a private session or something?

I've heard of people who did, so I guess it is doable.

18 hours ago, zer007uk said:

I'm thinking of buying this. I've never played an AC game since the Ps1, will I enjoy this one? 

Sure, why not? You will miss every story reference but you'll enjoy the game regardless.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/1/2019 at 0:34 PM, Winkuru said:

Hated that there had to be lot of MP trohpies but it's not like i was going to be able to plat this anyway.

A bit late but...

MP trophies of this game aren't hard at all, you just need to win one team deathmatch (I managed to win my first on the second DM I did, you just need some luck with your teammates), one free for all deathmatch (if I managed to win six, everybody can win one, and it can be boosted), and then "just" play 50 TDM and 50 regular DM. Single player grind trophies are worse, namely the 40 mil MRP and the 76500 Kms flown in campaign mode. Difficulty-wise it's not the hardest plat, at all.

• 1 month later...

Trust me, multiplay trophy like " All For One" or " Thirsty For Blood " isn't so hard, The only gap for multiplay trophy is you need PlayStation Plus then you can play multiplay

Performance evaluation trophy like " Amazing Job " will be the touchstone that you can unlock multiplay trophy quicker or not. This is my multiplay data viewer
GmL7s2V.png

I think I maybe unlock " All For One" and " Thirsty For Blood " about 12~15 flight hours
n3RdssK.png

In my opinion, the probability that you can conquer multiplay , 50% is your skill and Situational Awareness, 30% is you aircraft / special weapon choice and multiplay parts, other 30% is you teammates and enemies

• 8 months later...
6 hours ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Hardest trophies? I'm a newbie never played any flying game and Ace Combat 

ACE OF ACES: Can be pretty tough, especially on some of the later missions.

The Highest Achiever: Certainly a pain but, made easier by the fact that multiplayer and VR medals are included.

Bird of Prey: Some of the requirements to spawn the enemy aces will test your patience.

Last One Flying: Winning in Battle Royal can certainly be challenging depending on skill level.

These four are the ones that jumped out at me going back through the list as difficult due to skill dependency.

But the hardest by far, by far... is finding the motivation to grind out 40 000 000 MRP. You can unlock everything at around 32 000 000 MRP so, forty million is just overkill from whoever made this trophy list. 

The 76 500km distance trophy is another big grind but, that's rubber band-able.