VS CPU.

IKARUS-RG

Does anyone have any legitimate strategies for the no retries trophy? I can comfortably reach Level 8 with some good play on my own but the CPU in that stage seems to just stomp me every time. For some reason I can beat Level 9 almost every time by just stacking blocks rapidly, and Level 10 feels kinda random. It doesn't feel like the CPU is at all consistent in this game, and I've tried outplaying them / turtling against them without any luck so far. Highest I've reached is Level 9 once.

Would anyone be able to offer some tips? It's just this and the Endless trophies left for me.

• 2 years later...

Hey mate, i saw you got this accomplished last year, good job ? 

Any tips? I've attempted this so many times I'm actively despising more tries. Sometimes i can get to 8 then i attempt again and it feels like 3 is on performance enhancers or something. Tried rhythm, tried speed, tried patience and i just don't get it ? or is it a "kitting hitting the nail until its in job"

On 3/3/2021 at 3:03 AM, TOAST13TOA5T said:

Hey mate, i saw you got this accomplished last year, good job 1f44f.png 

Any tips? I've attempted this so many times I'm actively despising more tries. Sometimes i can get to 8 then i attempt again and it feels like 3 is on performance enhancers or something. Tried rhythm, tried speed, tried patience and i just don't get it 1f605.png or is it a "kitting hitting the nail until its in job"

Hey mate!! Thanks, it's legitimately one of the hardest trophies I've ever earned and I found barely any help for it online which made it even worse haha.

I was the same, I actively hated trying it repeatedly because in my mind I thought I would just get to Level 6 and the CPU would roll me or something. I tried a lot of things; I saw one person beat it by just turtling and playing patient in the one column but that didn't work for me. You do really need to have a strong combo game at the end of the day and keep chaining lots of squares every sweep. I absolutely think that there is a certain element of luck involved as well - I would practice for like an hour on Lv 8 and Lv 9 and then just instantly clear Lv 10 when I reached it.

BIGGEST THING THAT HELPED ME THOUGH: you can pause the game and just plan your approach, legit. You can just pause over and over and plan for the best moves possible while you're sitting in pause (from what you can see/remember). This carried me to my perfect run honestly, so it definitely might be worth a shot.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply man, yeah I'm the same, probably found the same vids/posts. Ive not really gave it much more of a shot, just taking a short break from it atm.

Thanks for the info i might end up doing that pause thing if it comes to it. Hoping that i just get lucky with it but that poker, harlequin asshat is gonna cost me a TV or controller ? 

Anyways, hell of an accomplishment, again, you should be proper proud. I'll probably post in like 3 months that i got it.

10 hours ago, TOAST13TOA5T said:

Thanks for the reply man, yeah I'm the same, probably found the same vids/posts. Ive not really gave it much more of a shot, just taking a short break from it atm.

Thanks for the info i might end up doing that pause thing if it comes to it. Hoping that i just get lucky with it but that poker, harlequin asshat is gonna cost me a TV or controller 1f605.png 

Anyways, hell of an accomplishment, again, you should be proper proud. I'll probably post in like 3 months that i got it.

Best of luck!! You'll have it if you keep at it!!

Really think the pausing strategy is useful if it comes down to it, I abused the hell out of that one on my golden run. Anything to beat that harlequin...or that cowboy...or that samurai...or that alien ?

• 1 year later...

Just got back to this game, and just wanna say the pausing strategy really helped me! Lv. 8 was when I really started to struggle, but with constant pausing and planning + a bit of luck I eventually won... and cleared the remaining 2 levels too!

Edited by Zanreo
  • Like 1

I’m trying to beat this challenge for the second time - I did it once on my alt account when I was just testing the game four years ago, now I want to do it ‘for real’.

That last time I just did it normally, but I tried the pausing thing tonight. It didn’t help me win, but it allowed me to confirm that the game is rigged against you a lot of the time. I was able to guarantee I was putting my pieces in absolutely the optimal position, and also doing it as fast as possible, then immediately hitting pause for the next one. The stage 8 harlequin still managed to shut down my playing area until I had no chance of keeping up with it.

• 1 month later...