PS Vita update 3.70

kiwinesss

Oh, here we go again. "Someone" announced a hack for 3.69 not long ago. If you want that hack, don't update. As for me, I'm screwed. I have a lot of trophies to get so I'll have to update.

Not sure why they bother, people will just find new ways. And they'll eventually drop even the anti-modding patches so may as well just cut to the chase and let it be.

I wish they'd take like five seconds to let us disable the fucking "so and so is in a party" notifications you can't turn off. But that would have taken effort, why it's an issue at all is beyond me. So annoying for the notification bubble to be blue when that's all that's there. I. don't. care. Ugh... awful. But it's Sony and they often overlook obvious things. Wish PS3 would get an update to turn off recieving messages on there too, I already get them on PS4, Vita and the PS app on my iPad, I don't read them on PS3, just delete them instantly. But I digress.

• Like 3

Sometimes I just have to ask Sony. Why do you still do this when you don't show any care about the Vita, the hackers treat the Vita with more respect than you do. The PS3 that people still use a lot finally got a hack that anyone could use on 4.82 (without having to resort to 3rd party hardware and working on the newer models) and they only released a fix a year later with 4.83. Meanwhile, on the Vita, that could be considered abandoned, as soon as someone announced a hack or a new method to play the newer games on lower firmware is released/announced a new firmware that fixes it is immediately launched. Why?

As one of the links hints that there's an update to the calendar app, and the glitch to use a secondary PSN account on the Vita relies on shared WebDAV ICS calendar files, I would think they fixed that glitch now...

Every time Sony releases an update that doesn't actually brick the Vita, there's a part of me that's surprised, considering how little Sony thinks of the system.

...I'd be even more surprised though, if they actually added something useful with an update like a functional PSN Store interface - or just about anything else that would improve user experience on the system. 

2 hours ago, TugaSonic said:

Sometimes I just have to ask Sony. Why do you still do this when you don't show any care about the Vita, the hackers treat the Vita with more respect than you do. The PS3 that people still use a lot finally got a hack that anyone could use on 4.82 (without having to resort to 3rd party hardware and working on the newer models) and they only released a fix a year later with 4.83. Meanwhile, on the Vita, that could be considered abandoned, as soon as someone announced a hack or a new method to play the newer games on lower firmware is released/announced a new firmware that fixes it is immediately launched. Why?

Which was pretty pointless as they released a CFW for 4.83 shortly after the official update

5 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Which was pretty pointless as they released a CFW for 4.83 shortly after the official update

Yes, but the CFW being released was always inevitable. The point of 4.83 was that it patched the exploit that allowed anyone with OFW 4.82 to hack the PS3. Anyone with 4.83 that wants to hack it now has to use the old methods (using 3rd party hardware that, from my limited knowledge, only works on the older PS3 models). The weird thing to me was how it took a year to fix the exploit while the Vita gets a firmware update, days after something is announced. Although, like Katt says the hack that was announced for the Vita apparently still works on the newer firmware, so why they released this update? Is it a way of saying they didn't forget the Vita?

• Like 1

It's dismal that Sony wastes time with a system they let die with absolute and total disrespect for its customers who invested in it to just clear hacking loopholes. The hard truth is that the hacking community has a lot more respect, work and support for the Vita than Sony.

With so many improvements and real fixes the Vita deserved and customers wanted they made ZERO efforts, even to show the most absurdly infinitely small respect for their customers.

I truly hope the Vita and PS3 continue to be hacked. And the PS4 too. Sorry but Sony dig their own grave, couldn't care less about them.

On 1/16/2019 at 1:18 AM, Lance_87 said:

I wonder why they never made a firmware update to remove the now-useless Near app.

3DS and Wii U still have giant ass fucking buttons for Miiverse on their menus. At least with Vita I can bury Near in a folder and pretend it doesn't exist.

36 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

3DS and Wii U still have giant ass fucking buttons for Miiverse on their menus. At least with Vita I can bury Near in a folder and pretend it doesn't exist.

And the PS3 still has the SingStar XMB icon on EU accounts (although sadly that game is still working)