Is it possible?

Pottercito_

I've seen the top fastest platinum achievers, I did this plat in PS3 but it seems like 2 hours, or maybe 6 hours are imposible records, I played 70 hours to earn this plat following the guide of this site, I can admit maybe 8 hours or 10 I don't know, maybe some hardcore gamers using exploits in game, but 2 hours? Is it real? Can be possible?

Yes, it's very possible with save scumming. Essentially, with 2 people, you can use USB or Online save backups to get as many soul items, crafting material, weapons, and other items as you need. Your character quickly becomes very overpowered, with the massive amount of souls and end-game weapons given basically at the beginning of the game. Then, add in a skilled player who has played through the game a gazillion times, and they can just power through it. Skipping optional stuff, fighting bosses, and collecting spells can be done in NG in under a few hours. All the top times can legitimately be done using this method.

3 minutes ago, DekuTree180 said:

Yes, it's very possible with save scumming. Essentially, with 2 people, you can use USB or Online save backups to get as many soul items, crafting material, weapons, and other items as you need. Your character quickly becomes very overpowered, with the massive amount of souls and end-game weapons given basically at the beginning of the game. Then, add in a skilled player who has played through the game a gazillion times, and they can just power through it. Skipping optional stuff, fighting bosses, and collecting spells can be done in NG in under a few hours. All the top times can legitimately be done using this method.

Ah okay I understand you then, but it seems very unfair to be honest, unless for a top ranking.

57 minutes ago, Pottercito_ said:

Ah okay I understand you then, but it seems very unfair to be honest, unless for a top ranking.

Using saves is prohibited on this site, so even if they went through the game "legitimately", the fact that they used online or modded saves would get them flagged by staff on here, if they are reported. 

15 minutes ago, Armored Squirrel said:

Using saves is prohibited on this site, so even if they went through the game "legitimately", the fact that they used online or modded saves would get them flagged by staff on here, if they are reported. 

This isn't entirely accurate. Having someone trade you items/souls etc isn't flaggable, which is what they do. Using a back up save is also permitted. So what I think happens is people start a new game, have a farmed player join them, drop/trade souls/weapons/etc, then the droper can reload their save file from a USB stick (or PS+) and repeat. This is all acceptable.

10 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

have a farmed player join them, drop/trade souls/weapons/etc,

I once did this for a friend back in the demon souls days. Didn't even recover it afterwards, cause I had no need for it already. He then platinumed the game over the course of the same evening going in completely blind, but with my stuff.

So,  should definitely be possible for a series veteran.

Edited by Akrioz

2 hours ago, Armored Squirrel said:

This is not save file modding or hacking. This is using the USB and/or Online backups and restoring them from online. Here's how it's done in Dark Souls:

Player 1 gets all the items needed for most of the trophies and essentially plat's the game first, taking a normal amount of time. They also amass a number of soul items and crafting material.

Player 1 backs up their save online.

Player 1 trades everything to Player 2.

Player 1 leaves the session, closes the game, and restores their save from online (thus restoring all of their items).

Player 2 can then either play the game, or repeat the process above until they have enough materials and/or souls.

You can do this process back and forth as well, to essentially double the amount of items you have infinitely. Say I have a Large Soul of a <whatever they're called>:

Player 1 starts with 5 of these.

Player 1 uploads save, trades to Player 2, and restores save. Player 2 has 5 soul items.

Now, Player 2 uploads their save and trades to Player 1. Player 1 now has 10 soul items. Player 2 restores save.

Player 1 uploads save, trades to Player 2, and restores save. Player 2 now has 15 soul items.

Rinse/repeat a few times and now you have 100's of soul items, letting you get above Level 100 near the very beginning of the game.

If you started with 1 item, it would look like this: 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, ... (Fibbonaci Sequence FTW). You can see how fast it scales!

This technique is called "save scumming" -- utilizing the backup/restore feature of the PS3/PS4 to assist in trophy hunting. Although some may frown upon it, it is widely used in trophy hunting and not prohibited. It's used mostly to trade items, make multiple save points, or follow multiple "decision" based trophies in a single playthrough.

EDIT: Oh, and even if you don't agree with using save scumming to amass large numbers of soul items and crafting materials, trading in Dark Souls is very much normal and expected. A person could still achieve extremely quick plat times if they got the required items from friend. The person playing still has to be good enough at the game to actually get to the end for these quicker times.

Edited by DekuTree180
fixing typos

9 hours ago, DekuTree180 said:

This technique is called "save scumming" -- utilizing the backup/restore feature of the PS3/PS4 to assist in trophy hunting. Although some may frown upon it, it is widely used in trophy hunting and not prohibited. It's used mostly to trade items, make multiple save points, or follow multiple "decision" based trophies in a single playthrough.

EDIT: Oh, and even if you don't agree with using save scumming to amass large numbers of soul items and crafting materials, trading in Dark Souls is very much normal and expected. A person could still achieve extremely quick plat times if they got the required items from friend. The person playing still has to be good enough at the game to actually get to the end for these quicker times.

Well the forum rules only apply to external methods of using saves, so this seems legitimate to me, regardless of how 'scummy' it might be. Can't blame the players for abusing the system lol

And the platinum time recorded here doesnt start until you pop your first trophy, so you can delay that first trophy and do your prepping beforehand

An example is a trophy for playing a game for 30hrs. Lets say every other trophy can be acquired in and hr, if I boot the game up for the first time and just leave it on for 29hrs. Then proceed to get the other trophies and an hr later the 30hr trophy will pop.

It will look like I did the impossible and got a 30hr trophy in an hr, but I actually did do it legit.

I did something with Bloodborne once where I glitched to level 100+ before I had even acquired the first trophy using that 1.00 levelling exploit.

Not sure what could be done here, guess a friend could gift you all the best gear, all the weapons needed but one so no trophies pop and perhaps level up to a high level near the start using a exploit. So then once the first trophy pops, its all plain sailing

I hardly remember this game though so not sure what you can get done before you pop the first trophy

Edited by optimusmart

28 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

Not sure what could be done here

Nothing really needed. Dark souls can be completed in an hour and a half. Speedrun can be done in 33 minutes. You just need to get high enough level to get all the weapons and other goodies for trophies from a friend. IIRC you can't see a high-level gear dropped on the ground without actually progressing far enough. Also back up a save for ending choice. That's probably all.. It takes a lot of time casually because of not being experienced in a game and having to collect and craft a ton of stuff, which requires two and a half playthrough. And that can be bypassed by getting stuff from friends online and being really good at the game.

1 hour ago, Akrioz said:

Nothing really needed. Dark souls can be completed in an hour and a half. Speedrun can be done in 33 minutes. You just need to get high enough level to get all the weapons and other goodies for trophies from a friend. IIRC you can't see a high-level gear dropped on the ground without actually progressing far enough. Also back up a save for ending choice. That's probably all.. It takes a lot of time casually because of not being experienced in a game and having to collect and craft a ton of stuff, which requires two and a half playthrough. And that can be bypassed by getting stuff from friends online and being really good at the game.

I know that, its not what I mean, for example; is there a levelling exploit that can be used without popping any trophies because that way, the time it takes levelling will not affect the platinum time recorded here as that time will be voided because it was done before you had any trophies. 

I know its simple if you know what your doing, anything is, I'm saying can the trick I mentioned be applied to shorten the recorded platinum time here???

9 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

, I'm saying can the trick I mentioned be applied to shorten the recorded platinum time here???

As far as I know: no, there are no trick like this. You'll get estus flask trophy in the first minutes of the game and you can't really do anything before that.

38 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

As far as I know: no, there are no trick like this. You'll get estus flask trophy in the first minutes of the game and you can't really do anything before that.

Ahh, got it. Its a shame these guys dont reveal little tricks they found to get everything quickly, im not bothered, but some would like the tips.

I know there is a trick in Bloodborne on day one patch that u can grind to over level 100 before any trophies pop in under an hr