SuchRemorse

Remove a game from your list due to specific trophy

39 posts in this topic

Are there any games you would like to remove from your psn account due to a specific trophy? I don't mean block them so people can't see. I mean if you could actually remove it what game would it be and why? I know I have a lot of unfinished games on my trophy list but I think the one that bothers me the most is Resistance 2!!!! The only trophy I am missing is the 10,000 kills trophy. My kill count was like 8,900 I could have easily gotten the rest of the kills an obtained the trophy. But at the time the servers were shutting down NOBODY was playing the game. I would get into matches with like 4 or 5 people and only get like 5 kills per match. Way too time consuming due to the lack of players. I guess I should have grinded more while the servers were more popular. It still bothers me though seeing the list with 90% knowing I'll never finish it. I wish I could get rid of that missing trophy and just have the platinum!!! UGH :( 

Edited by SuchRemorse

First of all, I have to say that you nickname perfectly match you post.

Regarding your question I would have to say I will be happy to remove the "all done" trophy in Yakuza Kiwami 2 (or the equivalent trophy in any Yakuza game).

I really love the Yakuza games and I don't mind beating it in any harsh difficulty they throw at me but this is specific trophy requires you to complete all the mini games which are grindy, hard and not fun.

I have no desire to learn and play Mahjong for 10 hours now, and I'm really bad at rhythm games so the Karaoke is out of the question for me.

I know this is part of the Yakuza charm and I do love most of the mini games but I would really love that the trophy would have been for 80%-90% of the mini games and not 100%, it will be more manageable that way.

Same thing happened to me in Drakengard 3, all game is an action RPG style game and suddenly the final boss is a fricking hard as hell (at least to me) rhythm game.

Couldn't finish the game just because of it, I rage quite after 3 days of trying and it completely ruined the experience for me.

I kinda wish I could remove Super Meat Boy from my profil. I want my profile as complete as possible, currently forcing myself to get one of the grindiest trophies of all time before the servers for the game shut down in april, which I am fine with, but Super Meat Boy will most likely stay incomplete on my profile forever. I am good at platformers, better than most people I know, but not the godlike level you need to be for that platinum. There is no chance I even try that one before it is time to get the 50th platinum, but even when I do I know fully well that I have almost no chance to get the last 3 ironman trophies.

Dragon Fin Soup, only game on my profile that I can't platinum due to unobtainable trophies.

Nothing, I take pride in unobtainable games, but I regret not starting games with future shutdowns like Gotham city imposters.

I'll never be able to get a trophy in it again and wished I have before it was too late.

So I'm backwards hahaha

Anything Guitar Hero or Rock Band, not for any specific trophies but for the fact I won't bother with any plastic musical equipment again to get any more of them.

Same as @NekoRave, I wouldn't remove any game from my list because I can't 100% or a Platinum on it. Maybe a few years ago I would love the option to remove Stealth. Inc or Payday 2, but after I got hit by an unobtainable Platinum for Darksiders II, I just learned to live with it and that you cannot control everything, sooner or later you will get a trophy you either don't have the skill to get or simply became unobtainable due to server closures, glitches and whatnot. I still strive to complete all my games as closer to 100% as possible, but I wouldn't remove any of them I can't achieve it.

Edited by Otonio_Bruno

Obviously those unattainable trophies due to server shutdown. But it is what it is.

Any timed trophy, i absolutely hate them. My heart starts pounding when I'm doing good and i just end up failing because of it and almost have a panic attack lol. If it's a hard one I don't even attempt them anymore. 

Edited by GUDGER666

Batman: Arkham Knight. Not for the trophies, but because i hated the game from the start to finish (And thanks to few of the Batmobile section i almost have not even finished the game). The one game i ever regret picking up.

I'd never bother removing any as it would mess everything up like some of the nice milestone ones I made happen over time. 

One game I'd love to see gone though is the glitch ridden shit fest that is heart & slash. Annoying shit game will have to just forever sit there at 84% because it's impossible to plat it. HATE shit like that! 

I don't want a game gone because of a specific trophy, i'd want GTA4 because i despise that game

Have to say none. It doesn’t bother me to see games I shouldn’t have played or didn’t mean to start. It’s all good to me.

I got so many games and I only want them gone because they got glitched trophies and online trophies that can't be achieved because of server closures.

My list:

PS3:

- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Glitched trophy)

- Fifa 13 (Server closure)

- Fifa 14 (Server closure)

- Need for Speed: The Run (Glitched trophy)

- Killzone 2 (Server closure)

- Killzone 3 (Server closure)

PS4:

- NBA 2K16 (Server closure and really difficult online trophies)

- Dead Star (Server closure)

I really hope Sony is going to let us remove some trophies or just let us be able to remove trophies from games where trophies are bugged or the online service went down. It would be really appreciated

Edited by alanhoutman2

No regrets, an unobtainable or a trophy you don't want to/can't do is just part of your story, your profile is a reflection on what you've done on Playstation. Removing anything is just changing history, I'm not one for that, I embrace my history.

That being said, I only have 1 game with unobtainables so if I had to pick one just to participate in this hypothetical, I'd pick that I suppose, because it would allow the possibility of 100% on my account.

The Trial version for PES 2017... I had just created my account and wanted to play something for free... ugh what a regret, it hunts me to this day.

Well, as someone already said, there's PlayStation Home for once.

That one was a bummer to get to know it had trophies 20 days before the servers' closure.

But one I'm struggling really hard with is Battlefield Bad Company. The squad trophy ("With My Devil Dogs") is just glitchy as hell, because of the squad system itself being seriously messed up. The "I'm Bad Company" and "Beans, Bullets, Bandages" ones will come eventually, they're just too grindy and probably take a few months, but the servers seem strong in health even after nine years.

Other than that, I have a 1% in FFXIII, due to my sister using my account to play it, so not only it is a stain in my profile, it also is because it wasn't even me who got the damned trophy!

But oh well I guess. Have to learn to cope with loss.

5 hours ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

unobtainable Platinum for Darksiders II

What? Is this still true?

Far Cry 2. Getting all the field manuals online is too much of a grind for me.

I Am Bread because I struggle so much at the game and the trophies are stupid difficult... it's gonna take me forever to get that platinum trophy, if I ever manage to get it!

If I had to pick just one game, Red Dead 2 comes to mind immediately. That list is filled with tedium from top to bottom.  

Edited by Killbomb

I wouldn't want to delete anything from my profile due to a specific trophy - it slightly bugs me that I have unobtainables, but having been an X360 gamer I only got a PS3 at the end of 2013. So some games I wanted to play already had server shutdowns long before I had them.

However, I'd remove the entire The Walking Dead PS3 trophy list from my profile if I could now, because I intend to play all the seasons on PS4. So would be happy to delete the first series on PS3 if I could.

Literally every trophy from every game that isn't 100%'d.

Like I just don't care at all about trophies anymore, but that being said, a 100% profile would be nice.