Platinum Difficulty?

Kwotey

11 minutes ago, Kwotey said:

The guide on here gives it a 7/10 difficulty while the PowerPyx guide only gives it a 3/10?

So which is it? it seems a big difference..

Will its depends on the player skills especially if you played it before it should be 3/10

but if your new to this game it will be 5\10

i think 7/10 is a little to much for a very short game

Edited by dark69knight

Back in the day when I was trying to make my Wall of Platinums/trophy checklist, I had pretty decent numerical rating system.. 

1 for games that are doable under 5 hours without any guide (My name is Mayo),

2 for games under 5 hours where a guide can help, they are stress-free and children can complete them (Day of the Tentacle),

3 for games doable in around 10/15 hours without any guide (The Walking Dead),

4 for games where a guide can help and they are 10/15 hours (Trine 1/2), 

5 for games  20/25 hours long where a guide is helpful, no online boosting or grinding trophies, no multiple playthroughs needed or you can do a speedrun in 5/6 hours (InFamous First Light),

6 for games that range in 25/40 hours with some online trophies, grinding or multiple playthroughs needed - they aren't difficult but you need to dedicate some time and effort for them (Bioshock 2),

7 for games under 40 hours with online boosting/grinding and/or many playthroughs needed (MoH Warfighter/MoH),

8 for games doable in around 50/60 hours, grinding/boosting and/or many playthroughs are required, most of the times they can cause headaches, (Black Ops 2/NFS Shift 2),

9 for games that are painful (not necessarily difficult per se) to complete yet not that extreme, games under 80 hours with very difficult challenges, MP boosting needed or lots of grinding. (Catherine, Black Ops 3, I Am Bread)

10 for games where the developer should have thought at some point "is it a good idea to implement this trophy here?" but they didn't. Over 100 hours long, high skill or luck dependent, extremely challenging or with ridiculous boosting requirements, only dedicated and somewhat masochistic players will complete them (Max Payne 3, Super Meat Boy, Far Cry 2).

Edited by HaserPL
pudding
  • Like 3

On 1/16/2019 at 4:04 PM, Leonmyster said:

I just got my platinum, this game is a solid 5. It's very short and easy with the only problem being the Oni Spirits minigame which took me about an hour. If 10 year old me could complete all stages of the minigame, then anyone can do it.

Oni Spirits was definitely the hardest part. I just beat Oni Spirits and i'm about 15 min into the Ultimate S rank speedrun. This speedrun seems like it will be incredibly easy.

I have no idea what Powerpyx was thinking when giving it a 3/10. Even his roadmap says to do both no healing and no upgrades in the same 1st playthrough which I think is absolutely absurd. Sure it's possible but that's making the plat walkthrough way harder than it needs to be. Doing it that way would bump the difficulty up to an 8/10 in my opinion. I reckon overall spreading the trophies over 3-4 playthroughs (one no heals, one no upgrades, one ultimate, one cleanup or blind 1st playthrough) would make it about a 5-6/10 plat. It's not that hard but defeating the final two bosses with no heals or level 1 weapon is quite challenging.

• Like 2

Just got the plat. I'd give it a 3/10. First playthrough with no upgrades and no healing wasn't that bad except for the Wasp boss, and the Ultimate S run didn't require any effort at all. Oni Spirits took a few tries but it wasn't anything compared to God of War challenge rooms.

On 1/19/2019 at 11:02 PM, Mayadome said:

Even his roadmap says to do both no healing and no upgrades in the same 1st playthrough which I think is absolutely absurd.

It's not really bad. You just do no healing and no upgrades until the final two bosses (skipping the Dark Realm), beat them while healing but no upgrades, reload, beat them while upgraded but no heals.

Edited by Pokedude97

1 hour ago, Pokedude97 said:

Just got the plat. I'd give it a 3/10. First playthrough with no upgrades and no healing wasn't that bad except for the Wasp boss, and the Ultimate S run didn't require any effort at all. Oni Spirits took a few tries but it wasn't anything compared to God of War challenge rooms.

It's not really bad. You just do no healing and no upgrades until the final two bosses (skipping the Dark Realm), beat them while healing but no upgrades, reload, beat them while upgraded but no heals.

I was playing last night and noticed I missed the great armor in both my no healing and no upgrade runs. Would that make a difference? Honestly I found it really hard to beat the final two bosses with no healing or no weapon upgrades. Definitely way more than a 2-3/10 to me. It's closer to DMC1 or REmake/RE0 in difficulty, although much shorter. The main game before the final two bosses is fairly easy though.

On 20/01/2019 at 6:02 AM, Mayadome said:

I have no idea what Powerpyx was thinking when giving it a 3/10. Even his roadmap says to do both no healing and no upgrades in the same 1st playthrough which I think is absolutely absurd. Sure it's possible but that's making the plat walkthrough way harder than it needs to be. Doing it that way would bump the difficulty up to an 8/10 in my opinion. I reckon overall spreading the trophies over 3-4 playthroughs (one no heals, one no upgrades, one ultimate, one cleanup or blind 1st playthrough) would make it about a 5-6/10 plat. It's not that hard but defeating the final two bosses with no heals or level 1 weapon is quite challenging.

That's probably just him trying to give the fastest route to take, albeit, not the easiest.

4 hours ago, Mayadome said:

I was playing last night and noticed I missed the great armor in both my no healing and no upgrade runs. Would that make a difference? Honestly I found it really hard to beat the final two bosses with no healing or no weapon upgrades. Definitely way more than a 2-3/10 to me. It's closer to DMC1 or REmake/RE0 in difficulty, although much shorter. The main game before the final two bosses is fairly easy though.

If you missed the Great Armor, then you bumped up the difficulty a tiny bit because it greatly (lack of a better word) reduces the damage you take. However, the Great Armor is really only useful for the Marcellus fight because his attacks can be a bit painful to dodge. Fortinbras is a total joke because his attacks are incredibly easy to dodge. You can easily complete the battle without taking a single hit.

2 hours ago, Leonmyster said:

If you missed the Great Armor, then you bumped up the difficulty a tiny bit because it greatly (lack of a better word) reduces the damage you take. However, the Great Armor is really only useful for the Marcellus fight because his attacks can be a bit painful to dodge. Fortinbras is a total joke because his attacks are incredibly easy to dodge. You can easily complete the battle without taking a single hit.

I must just be really bad at this game lol. The lasers always hit me at least once and I seem to get bad RNG with him spamming that swipe attack or pink plasma things near his body so you can't hit him. And then he seems to regen stun health if you don't keep hitting him. I still beat it without healing but it took like 2 hours of attempts. Not the cakewalk I thought it would be based on the guides and other people's impressions.

1 hour ago, DrEvilGuapo said:

Quick question for those that have done the no healing playthrough. Does using the Talisman, to revive automatically on death with full health, negate the trophy?

no using the talisman does not lock you out of the no heals trophy as i died on the second marcellus boss by mistake and still got the no heals trophy   

also as someone who hasn't played the game in over 10 since this remaster i would give the platinum rating a 3/10 the game can be finished in well under 2 hours even with some runs into the dark realm  so doing 3 or so playthoughs  is not that big of a deal.

• Like 1