Account locked for security.

Tounavis

Hi Tounavis, 

We have detected 5 failed log in attempts to your account from Reservoir, Victoria, 3073, Australia. 

If this wasn't you, someone else may be trying to access your account. These log in attempts were unsuccessful and we have blocked the IP address from further attempts so no action is required. You may however want to change your password for greater security, especially if you use the same password on other websites. 

If this was you, you can safely ignore this email and you will be able to sign in again at 01/17/19 01:56 PM.

Please help me find out who did that. 

I was on holidays in my island for less than a week I came back 2day and get this mail.

I just want to meet that person.

Thanks.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tounavis said:

Hi Tounavis, 

We have detected 5 failed log in attempts to your account from Reservoir, Victoria, 3073, Australia. 

If this wasn't you, someone else may be trying to access your account. These log in attempts were unsuccessful and we have blocked the IP address from further attempts so no action is required. You may however want to change your password for greater security, especially if you use the same password on other websites. 

If this was you, you can safely ignore this email and you will be able to sign in again at 01/17/19 01:56 PM.

I was on holidays in my island for less than a week I came back 2day and get this mail.

Thanks.

should call Sony Customer Service

All they did was write your email address and try to log in 5 times with the wrong password - nothing to worry about. I've had it happen to my bank account before. Usually, it's just someone who tried to log into their account with the wrong email address. Your best bet is to make sure to have 2-factor set up and then just ignore the email. 

• Like 1

Maybe its your brother, your sister, your mom, or your dad...or roomates! orr do you live alone? maybe make a new email specifically for it. :|

49 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Maybe its your brother, your sister, your mom, or your dad...or roomates! orr do you live alone? maybe make a new email specifically for it. :|

2 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Could try asking those that you know, maybe they might at least give you an idea as to who could have done it.  Such as any friends you might have, relatives, that sort of thing.

Am an immigrant(or refugee whaterver you wanna call it).

I don't have any sort of contact with people where we talk about ps,trophies or emails.

I will just be careful.

As a few others have noted, put 2FA on as a safety net.

There's a few chancers out there who go off of old leaked data etc. odds are your email and maybe an old password cropped up on a leaked set of account info and someone kept trying it to no success.

I had my Steam hacked by some random Russian guy a long time back (didn't have 2FA) because of the same thing, you'll be surprised just how much log in info circulates among hackers and other groups, the likelyhood of your email adresss and password for many sites and services being buried in a long list of others is pretty high no matter how safe you keep yourself. All it takes is someone to have plucked you out of the list and for that info to still be relevant (that's why you should update passwords regularly, most this data is old and obsolete when it releases).

I find 2 factor also handy because not only does it help stop access but it immediately informs you someone at that exact moment has tried to log in and you can swiftly deal with it at the time of the first login attempt, providing you're awake and not preoccupied with work or something. 

• Like 2

something similar happened to someone else but it was from someone in russia. in case you don't have 2 factor. change password and for some reason they somehow manage to get you locked out i would be in panic :(.

i don't seem to trust those e-mails.

You can find out if your email address, passwords or any other private information related to your email account has been compromised by checking at this website: https://haveibeenpwned.com/

There's a good chance whoever was trying to access your account probably has the password to another account that has been compromised. Hopefully you don't reuse the same password everywhere.

Edited by Mayadome
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Tounavis said:

Hi Tounavis, 

Thanks.

Finding out who did this is next to impossible and what are you going to do if you do meet him?  I doubt if hitting him with a baseball bat is going to make things any better.

People trying to get into anyone's account happens, just do what everyone else has suggested and change your password, make it a strong one.  

And, enjoy your games!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lorajet said:
6 hours ago, Lorajet said:

Finding out who did this is next to impossible and what are you going to do if you do meet him?  I doubt if hitting him with a baseball bat is going to make things any better.

People trying to get into anyone's account happens, just do what everyone else has suggested and change your password, make it a strong one.  

And, enjoy your games!

Yes thank you.

Tend to think recklessly when crap happens.

Thank you for your feedback everyone.

On 1/17/2019 at 11:32 AM, Lorajet said:

I doubt if hitting him with a baseball bat is going to make things any better.

I don't know.. Harley will love to bash him with a baseball bat. ?

• 1 year later...