Red Dead Online

jackmadrox

I'm loving it so far, it's everything I was hoping it would be and more. The attitude of GTA Online players unfortunately seems to have crossed over, but I guess that was to be expected. I'm really looking forward to future stuff to come out. As of right now, it's still in beta, I've been kicked twice so far from a game.

1 minute ago, Brink-2-Chaos said:

Unplayable on my wifi for some reason will crash and completely d/c my ps4 from the internet sometimes until I restart my ps4 its aight but the varmint rifle being the best gun in the game still is stupid 

If they ever nerf that, people are gonna be pissed. Have larger guns, but mainly use them for hunting.

I played it for a bit but ultimately there isn't much to do at the moment so i've stopped playing it. I'm sure it'll get better in the coming months and by the end of the year it'll be thriving. Too many griefers also, there should be a passive mode option, I was hoping it would come in the January update. None of my friends want to play atm either so even if I wanted to play I can't really.

10 hours ago, Brink-2-Chaos said:

the varmint rifle being the best gun in the game still is stupid 

Yeah I've been seeing alot of that, players using the varmint rifle to kill other players like it's better than a Lancaster Repeater or Bolt Action Rifle. It's meant to be a weak gun to kill smaller game like raccoons or Beavers. And yet, it's the most powerful rifle I've seen so far. I'm sure Rockstar will fix it in the future.

10 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

If they ever nerf that, people are gonna be pissed. Have larger guns, but mainly use them for hunting.

They're gonna have to nerf it, it's not meant to be that powerful.

Still more fun than Fallout 76 ?. All seriousness the fact I made it to 50 in the beta should tell how much I enjoyed it:) Granted there isn't a ton to do right now, but I'm excited to see the online evolve in the coming months and years. Rockstar knows the sales numbers on RDR2 and will keep this online service going as long as GTA Online.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

I'm loving it so far, it's everything I was hoping it would be and more. The attitude of GTA Online players unfortunately seems to have crossed over, but I guess that was to be expected. I'm really looking forward to future stuff to come out. As of right now, it's still in beta, I've been kicked twice so far from a game.

that makes one of us
the day i finished the online of this dreadfull game would prob be the best day of my life
wait till you need money and just wanna try to sell some animals or hunt them and some ghetto dude or a 11 year old just starts killing you repeatedly and you cant move.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

That's already happened a few times already. Like tonight, I was riding to the butcher to sell my pelts and some asshole just shoots me dead. No reason, unprovoked. Just mindlessly killed me for no reason. And then he just keeps doing it, which is very frustrating. This is that GTA Online attitude I was talking about.

yeah i'm typically not a fan of multiplayer games but i'm doing RDO for the trophies. already played a good 15 hours or so and i'm only at level 20 so it's going to be a grind to get to 50.  i was considering waiting until they added more stuff to the game or took it out of beta but then i read that we might have to start over when the beta ends and that's not happening.

griefers are a pain. typically most people are cool but just today i had two people headshot snipe me while i was fishing which is pretty ridiculous. trying to make it to the butcher with pelts and carcasses is also always scary because you never know if some idiot is just going to camp out there to shoot people trying to do that.  usually if i see a player icon near me i'll go the other way or try to find a route to the butcher that avoids coming near other players but easier said than done sometimes.  there should be a bounty system or something for people that kill other people without provocation. i read rockstar was considering a few options to cut down on griefers so hopefully they'll implement them in the near future. i'm always amazed when i see somebody at like level 105 or 110 or something. they must have spent like 200+ hours playing online and it's only been live for less than 2 months. so like 4 hours a day. it's already getting repetitive for me so i have no idea how it hasn't for them.

Edited by caseyelsie

I'm normally a fan of rockstars online but not here. 

It's probably my connection but I find it laggy as hell.

The game series modes, the maps are too large or the spawn points are stupid.  As in you spawn far too away from everyone.  And the games are too short.  Just kinda get into the game and the times up.  

Get rid of hostile territory and name the weapon.  Boring as.  

So to sum up,  too laggy and boring.  

Edited by closertim
Typo
  • Like 1

I do like the Online one as well.
It just as soon as you get to level 24 it gets repetative. I already bought the guns I would like, and my horse has his Mohawk mane.
Only thing that I still would like are maybe nicer clothing, and maybe make my weapons look better, but I also upgraded the one I constantly use. So I would love for more content in RDO. Also the next horse I am plan on buying is lucked until level 36 (Dutch Warmblood).

Haven't played online since last year but I've had fun with it. Just waiting for more content atm.

Sure the grievers are irritating but that's how they are in any MP mode. I've found it's best to play in the afternoon/evening while the Northern Hemisphere is asleep, that way can get things done in peace.

• Like 1

i gotta say, im not enjoying it all that much. its... okay, and it certainly has its moments, but im now rank 35 and ill drop it the moment i reach 50.

the griefers in free roam, ridiculous auto-aim, crazy amounts of lag, unresponsive controls, and a few questionable gameplay elements made this game's online a no-go for me.

story mode is still absolutely stellar though.

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 1