Red Dead Online

jackmadrox

8 minutes ago, Amjed_100 said:

ANY HELP WITH MVP ANY ONE PLEASE I HAVE 1 WIN IN A POINT TO POINT RACE AND I CANT WIN ANY MORE 

Probably can't be boosted because of randoms joining.

Try getting into a Hostile Territory match and sit in the capture zone for the whole match. That's how MVP is determined in that mode, no need for kills, captures, etc.

Either way if you're going for the ridiculously long rank 50, the MVPs will should be done long before then.

• Like 4

On 1/18/2019 at 1:53 AM, jackmadrox said:

That's already happened a few times already. Like tonight, I was riding to the butcher to sell my pelts and some asshole just shoots me dead. No reason, unprovoked. Just mindlessly killed me for no reason. And then he just keeps doing it, which is very frustrating. This is that GTA Online attitude I was talking about.

i did have ONE funny time i was killed. i was riding into st denis to finish things up. saw a guy waving to me. i thought hah thats funny look at that guy just waving by the tree. i left him alone and rode past. next thing i know his homie rode out from behind a tree and lasso'd me! ripped me off my horse where they both pummeled and killed me hahah. i couldnt even be mad because of the strategy and wait time they put in to do that to me haha. 

5 minutes ago, QQQ_AX said:

Try getting into a Hostile Territory match and sit in the capture zone for the whole match. That's how MVP is determined in that mode, no need for kills, captures, etc.

Either way if you're going for the ridiculously long rank 50, the MVPs will should be done long before then.

thanks for the replay , i do mange to get 1 win in race but that so hard maybe the horse is not fast , do you know how to boosted in the race ? i don't have any one to play with all my friend r pc players 

25 minutes ago, Amjed_100 said:

ANY HELP WITH MVP ANY ONE PLEASE I HAVE 1 WIN IN A POINT TO POINT RACE AND I CANT WIN ANY MORE 

you just gotta have patience, that was prob one of the hardst trophies for me. dont bother doing it on the weekends. if possible do it during a weekday. i did it at like 3 am my time so less players were on. i found a server that had really crappy players in it and got it when i least expected it after like 2 weeks of trying on and off i ended up getting all the wins in one server. just keep in your mind that youll eventually get it and that itll take time. i got mine mostly on random checkpoints. if its a regular race i tried to stay back a bit at the beginning of the race and let everyone kill each other, then shoot them, then go ahead and if i get lucky nobody catches up to me or i knock off the 2 guys in my way in front. 

also you most likely wont be able to boost it. it would be harder to organize that then it would to get it naturally

15 minutes ago, QQQ_AX said:

i think they patched that didnt they? everytime i tried the mvps were literally the guys with most points in first place. idling got me kicked, or hiding got me last place

Edited by melodicmizery

There are so many grievers. For the record, I spawn several times when arriving on the map just close to one or 2 grievers ... (So I got killed without reason and without any opportunity to avoid other players, thanks Rockstar for this lol). Yeah it is much more fun with a buddy, since you can protect each other as a team. It also allows to avoid some situations like being alone VS 3 or 4 other players.

Some tips: 

For the grievers:

- avoid missions "kill other player" or "kill other groups" because it encourages grievers or players to go to kill you even after the missions. You will probably have to change your area after that ?. 

- For the grievers and naughty players, buy a shotgun ?. It is the most powerful weapon at short/medium weapon and easy to handle (without aiming for headshots). 

- Avoid Saint-Denis, Blackwater for the grievers (also Fort Mercer, Tumbleweed can be annoying).

For boosting xp and trophies :

- Hunt missions are cool since no other players can go against you during the missions.

- Delivery mails (not bags) missions are quite rewarding like 600-700 xp. Also the last (current) story mission is good, above all for a team of only 2 players.

- The races are perfect for MVP trophy. Quite easy when you understand how it works (also avoid players used to this mode). So just get used to it and give it a try at different times.

Good luck everyone with all those grind trophies. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, djippps said:

There are so many grievers. For the record, I spawn several times when arriving on the map just close to one or 2 grievers ... (So I got killed without reason and without any opportunity to avoid other players, thanks Rockstar for this lol).

Like in my stream last night, some guy just starts killing me for no reason. And he could pull off headshots easier than I could, so I said to hell with it, and just let this person get it out of his system. I quit trying to kill him and just kept walking slowly towards him, letting him kill me over and over again until he got bored of it. He went as far as tying me up, dropping me on the railroad tracks and then setting me on fire. Mindless, completely mindless. But they paid for the game, like I did, so I guess they're entitled to play the game any way they want. Eventually, he did get bored and left the session. 

Here's the stream from last night. The griefer part is within the first 30 minutes or so. 

https://youtu.be/q38CZ1BdcTE

On 1/25/2019 at 9:52 AM, Amjed_100 said:

Seriously lol? I handed my completely incapable girlfriend the controller for 5 races of which she won 2. it’s really not that hard. Just hang back and wait for the first 5 places to kill each other and then ride like hell

Edited by cam_wick

i honestly didn't have that much of an issue with griefers in my 60 hours or so of RDO that it required to get to level 50.  only 1 time did i have some douchebag kill me right when i was bringing pelts/carcasses to a butcher (special place in hell for people that do that) and typically people will leave you alone.  try to avoid blackwater and st. denis since it seems people like to have shootouts there and will often shoot you because they think that's what you're there for.  also look at the map when you first get on a server and if you have available cash fast travel to a part of the map where there aren't many people. that was the best way to avoid griefers for me.  if i was going to spend an hour or two hunting to make some money to buy horses or camp improvements i would have the game spawn me to like the annesburg area and then fast travel to tumbleweed if i looked at new austin and saw nobody was there. then you have free rein to go hunting, do stranger missions, and clear out bandit hideouts for the XP and possibly getting a treasure map.

the best way i found to get XP and money was by doing free roam events and the showdown series large PvP series. the free roam events always give you a minute and a half to just go around headshotting other players before the game starts which can get you a lot of experience, not to mention the 7 or 8 minutes of the game where you can do the same thing even if you don't have any luck with the objective of the game. the showdown series large were my favorite because just by coming in the top 5-10 you would get a couple hundred EXP and $10 or $15 for around six or seven minutes work (in addition to the experience you get from killing other players).  if you get lucky enough to win (which is almost inevitable since some of them are team based) you can get as much as $30-40 and like 400-500 EXP. obviously there are some really good PvP players and people there at level 100+ who spend hours a day playing multiplayer games so easier said than done but i found it a lot more fun than repeating the same story missions over and over again to get experience and money.

also some of the easier gold belt buckle requirements i found were selling 100 herbs to a doctor (i reset this one 10 times which was the max) and killing 2 animals at once with dynamite. if you go to some fishing spots and throw dynamite where you see the oxygen bubbles you can get 20 of these pretty quickly for around 1000 XP total and then reset it and do it all over again. you just have to keep paying a fence $1 for each stick of dynamite.

Edited by caseyelsie

Is it just me or did they change the player density on online servers?
I usually found a cluster of players on a part of the map, but tonight I could only find servers where players where all over the place. I also feld like there where more players then usuall.

Edited by NL_Sion

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, jackmadrox said:

So I hit level 50 on RDO tonight. I can honestly say it's the showdown series large that got me there. That's pretty much the only thing I do in RDO. I'd like for Rockstar to add card games eventually. And add Liar's Dice from RDR1. 

I'm lvl 42 and been playing mostly small series (you can get 500xp+ for a well played game of arrows/knives).

Christ I can't wait for the agony of this experience to be over.

13 hours ago, JPageMartin36 said:

Christ I can't wait for the agony of this experience to be over.

I mean, it's gonna get better, this is Rockstar we're talking about. But they REALLY need to add more stuff, and quick. Because what's available now doesn't have much variety, and it's getting old.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

I mean, it's gonna get better, this is Rockstar we're talking about. But they REALLY need to add more stuff, and quick. Because what's available now doesn't have much variety, and it's getting old.

I agree.
I like the Online, and I am level 62 right now, but I already bought all weapons I like and i already got the ability cards as well, as well as 3 good looking outfits for hot/normal/cold weather.
At the moment I see Rockstar is mostly focussing on adding more PvP modes and clothing. But I don't need those.
I would like more things to do, and I feel like it is going too slow.
Like the online is released already for 4-5 months, and still no new free roam content (read: things to do), just clothing and PvP, and some weapon.

Decide to come back if they add more online free roam content.
Like properties or something, let me own a ranch.
It still has potential, and I keep an eye on it. ?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

doing the showdown seires large is the best way to oevel up fast but holy shit- it's one of those things where you take 3 steps and get head shotted. Bullets just come out of nowhere. I think one of the more frustrating things is players doing the dive move when you try to shoot them. Like holy crap, what a bunch of try hards. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Okay so the endless loading screens are starting to become bothersome. Any time I want to stream this game, I'm taking a risk of ending said stream prematurely due to the stranger free roam missions. Sometimes they simply won't start, which is fine, I just go find something else to do. However, sometimes the mission is one of those protect the caravan missions, which blacken the screen to load, and there starts the endless loading screen. The mission never starts, and I have to kill my stream because of it.

• Like 1