I Want Mass Effect 1-2-3 Remastered to PS4 !

Well, consider how EA managed to fuck up a license like Star Wars in just 5 years I think it is save to say that it is probably better if they don't touch Mass Effect for a few more years. Hell I really hope that Anthem will be a good enough game so BioWare won't get squashed by EA like so many other studios in recent years. And if Anthem turns out be a good thing for everyone involved, we might see a new Mass Effect down the line somewhere, or even a remaster of the first 3 games. But to be honest I would rather have them work on a new one, same with Dragon Age by the way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Durandal said:

Well, consider how EA managed to fuck up a license like Star Wars in just 5 years I think it is save to say that it is probably better if they don't touch Mass Effect for a few more years. Hell I really hope that Anthem will be a good enough game so BioWare won't get squashed by EA like so many other studios in recent years. And if Anthem turns out be a good thing for everyone involved, we might see a new Mass Effect down the line somewhere, or even a remaster of the first 3 games. But to be honest I would rather have them work on a new one, same with Dragon Age by the way.

Hear! Hear!

3 hours ago, Splathew said:

I want it more than any other series. That said it's not happening. I think any chance of it happening died when Andromeda failed.

Just like a remastered version of Burnout Paradise wasn't happening?
Who knows what the fools at EA are working on. I don't think even they know.

I don't think it's going to happen, and I hope it doesn't. I certainly don't need to play Mass Effect 1 three more times. I've suffered Kaidan dying enough to last 10 lifetimes.

54 minutes ago, majob said:

EA has gone on record saying they're not interested in remakes/remasters, hilarious given who they are but yeah. I think Burnout is the only one they've done

Once they figure out how to monetize remasters, like I hear Capcom is doing in Resident Evil 2, they will jump in head first.

Just now, Bullstomp said:

Once they figure out how to monetize remasters, like I hear Capcom is doing in Resident Evil 2, they will jump in head first.

EA, completely remake three Mass Effect games from the ground up - which is what Capcom is doing with RE2? You're dreaming.

That will NEVER happen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Burnout didn't completely bomb and get destroyed by every video game outlet and YouTube channel like Andromeda.

I've played these games to death, so I'm not all that interested in going back to them anytime soon, but this trilogy deserves a re-release on current gen hardware more than most of the other remasters we've seen this generation at the very least. You would think a company as greedy as EA would jump at the chance to make lots of money for very little effort. Releasing the trilogy on the same hardware as Andromeda would make that game look even worse in comparison, though, so maybe that's part of the reason why they haven't done it.

• Like 1

I'm kind of surprised they haven't considering how well (read: horrible) Andromeda went even just to save face. Then again people have also been asking for Dead Space remasters too and I personally would like it if Dragon Age: Origins also got a remaster but if they really did want to do that they probably would have by now so chances are we won't be seeing any of that any time soon.

I also delude myself into thinking that one day we will see a KOTOR I and II port but I know we won't get it and it makes me die just a bit more inside every time I think about it.

10 hours ago, cmdr_komo said:

Mass Effect 1-2-3

Am I only want to re-release / remastered this series of games on the PS4 platform?

You're not the only one.  I want it also, really, really bad!  I think a remastered trilogy with all 3 games plus the DLC on the disc for $59.99 would be quite the deal.  Just use Unreal Engine 4 rather than trying to port it to Frostbite (EA's current engine of choice).

I think Andromeda is underrated BTW.  It didn't deserve half the shit it had gotten.  Got it on PC & need to finish it up someday.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gameoverDude189 said:

You're not the only one.  I want it also, really, really bad!  I think a remastered trilogy with all 3 games plus the DLC on the disc for $59.99 would be quite the deal.  Just use Unreal Engine 4 rather than trying to port it to Frostbite (EA's current engine of choice).

I think Andromeda is underrated BTW.  It didn't deserve half the shit it had gotten.  Got it on PC & need to finish it up someday.

If we ever do get a remaster, I'd put my money (not a lot, mind you) on EA selling them separately for $30 a piece. Also, using another engine would require a lot more work than a remaster, so that seems out of the question unless they went the remake route.

Andromeda wasn't terrible, but it didn't get anywhere close to the lofty highs of the original trilogy, which is why it failed. Personally, I put about 50 hours into it on Xbone before I lost interest, but I still think I'll come back to it at some point.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Well, at least it was a decent excuse to bring Big Surf Island on PC... said no one ever, because back in 2010 they clearly said they had no money to port it. Guess what happened 8 years later. Idiots.

• Like 1

You say you want a re-release or a remaster. 

Well. 

If you had an Xbox, you'd need neither, and could just shove in your old discs and play them again, even keeping your old saves and story choices, if you so choose, entirely in tact.

Backward compatibility /is/ important.

1 hour ago, Redgrave said:

I'm kind of surprised they haven't considering how well (read: horrible) Andromeda went even just to save face. Then again people have also been asking for Dead Space remasters too and I personally would like it if Dragon Age: Origins also got a remaster but if they really did want to do that they probably would have by now so chances are we won't be seeing any of that any time soon.

I also delude myself into thinking that one day we will see a KOTOR I and II port but I know we won't get it and it makes me die just a bit more inside every time I think about it.

Ain't a remaster, but every single game you said there can be played on the Xbone, and most are upscaled up the arse. Not to mention you don't have to buy the game twice, like home boy Sony would have you do.

Mass Effect 1-3, Dragon Age Origins, Dead Space 1-3, hell, Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2 even run at 4K, and outside of a full on ground up remake that's about as good as you could ask for a remaster to be. 

• Like 2

Backward compatibility /is/ important.

Except no console is backwards compatible this gen. They all have a selective emulation program going on where certain games are added. MS does a little more by touching up their selected games and having disc support.

Even with that kind of BC it doesn't stop us getting remasters of Bioshock, Borderlands, Burnout, Symphony of the Night, and Catherine.

THQ Nordic picked up the license to Kingdoms of Amalur and I hope they put out sequels but a remaster first would be more likely.

The kind if BC you're seeing /is/ a gimmick this generation.

• Like 1