Trails of Cold Steel 3 delayed to October 22nd 2019

5 hours ago, communistwookiee said:

I want to believe that Falcom doesn't want another controversy and will make sure that NISA does it right the first time around for this game. And now that NISA is doing another Falcom game, does that mean that NISA will do Ys IX?

NISA will have to earn my trust with this one.  I found Ys VIII's original translation not terrible but actually tolerable, & was glad they improved it.  Tolerable isn't good enough for Cold Steel III's translation, so hopefully my guess about Varion doing the TL is true.  Hopefully Ys VIII's original translator is kept away from CS III & IV.  Varion doesn't disappoint.

It wouldn't surprise me if NISA gets Ys IX as well.

Edited by gameoverDude189

Doodsday is here everyone:

(I can't believe he changed the title for today, lol.)

In all seriousness, I laughed when I saw this announcement. There are a number of people who (imo) deserve exactly this. For example, not even ten minutes after this was announced on twitter, someone replied with "fuck off and die". Over a localization... and that's just one of many (absurd) examples. 

That said, I don't exactly like NISA, either. They don't have the best track record, and we all know what happened with Ys VIII. Either way, I'm in no hurry to replay Sen III; I'll wait to see what happens. Quite honestly, I think everything will turn out (mostly) okay.

• Like 2

The fact that things worked out and Hatsuu is working on it, despite being let go by XSEED for... particular reasons is kind of amusing and a little ironic. Awkward too.

I would say since she's working on it, the project is in better hands with NIS. Especially since important people left XSEED.

5 hours ago, AlchemistWer said:

Yup, because Nisa know what could happen if this localisation an translate became in a disaster 1f605.png

I think NISA has learnt their lesson.  Mislocalising this would be a bigger CF than Ys VIII, something harder to make right.  Having those key staff members like Hatsuu makes things look good.

We're not exactly dealing with the same XSeed anymore.  Maybe NISA's getting this is for the best.  I'll give them a chance.

I'm just glad that we are getting Cold Steel III in a reasonable amount of time.  XSeed's stuff may be higher quality but they take way too long (I would imagine releasing Cold Steel I and II when the PS3 and Vita were on the decline definitely did not help the games' sales).  Here's hoping IV is not long after the release of III because I can't wait to experience the rest of Cold Steel's story.

• Like 1

There is a lot of faith in NISA here, thinking they ought to have learned from what happened with Ys VIII, yet NISA is jumping into the middle of the series (04 entries), not mention that Trails of cold steel is way much bigger then Ys in terms of scripts, dialogues and lore.

I hope NISA, won't screw it much, but not gonna pre-order the III as I did for the 1st 2 entries, and will wait to check how it turns out first.

8 hours ago, gameoverDude189 said:

I think NISA has learnt their lesson.  Mislocalising this would be a bigger CF than Ys VIII, something harder to make right.  Having those key staff members like Hatsuu makes things look good.

We're not exactly dealing with the same XSeed anymore.  Maybe NISA's getting this is for the best.  I'll give them a chance.

I'm actually sure this localisation will be ok, they know what an IP like the legend of hereos mean and YS VIII mark one before and one after and a lot of trails of fan are a bit extremist because love the serie and that is ok and at the same time a lot of them know japanese so probably in couple of months a lot of video with comparation between japanese and english will appear.

Honestly I've only played the Disgaea games from NISA's catalogue and I've enjoyed them. I know about Ys VIII debacle and hopefully they have learned from their mistakes.

But hey, Trails of Cold Steel 3 is finally getting localized. Hopefully 2020 will have Cold Steel 4 on the horizon.

Having been real busy with getting set up in Japan, Varion isn't involved in any way with Trails of Cold Steel III.  Still I'm hopeful.

Varion @VarionTL Jan 18

Had one person ask and I suppose others must be curious, but I had nothing to do with Cold Steel III’s localisation. Last year was super busy for me getting set up in Japan, and a freelance project of that size was impossible. I wish the team all the best with it, though!

• Like 2

Unbelievable. It's like those punks don't realize that a lot of the people that were involved in Trails aren't in Xseed anymore. And now the previous producer, voice director and editor for Cold Steel is working on CS3 for NISA, along with other translators/editors who have worked on the trails series. I really wish people did their research before they act like the simpletons that they are.

• Like 2

On 1/23/2019 at 6:43 PM, Valyrious said:

Unbelievable. It's like those punks don't realize that a lot of the people that were involved in Trails aren't in Xseed anymore. And now the previous producer, voice director and editor for Cold Steel is working on CS3 for NISA, along with other translators/editors who have worked on the trails series. I really wish people did their research before they act like the simpletons that they are.

People are assholes. Also, welcome to the Internet. :P

On 1/17/2019 at 0:43 PM, Valyrious said:

Nice collector's edition.

nyX6ewg.png

Cool! Cute cat plush.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

On 1/23/2019 at 7:43 PM, Valyrious said:

This exactly.  What in the actual fuck is wrong with these shallow people?  They need to get their minds out of the past, chill out, & take a look to see who's on NISA's team now.  I feel that NISA has gotten everything good to go, even if they've done some questionable localisation in the past.  NISA publishing it doesn't make it a NISA game... it's still a Falcom game after all.  I'll be getting a preorder in on that Thors Academy edition.  OMG does that look so good.

• Like 1

With Brittany on ToCS III, I'm hoping we get all the original voice actors for any returning characters, most importantly Class VII, Sara, & Thomas.  Not too worried about Celine & Elise, because NISA worked with Kira Buckland on Ys VIII & I'm sure they'll go with her again.

Should there be PC ports (more like "if not now then when"), NISA needs to take a hint from XSeed & hire Durante who had done I & II.

• Like 1