Trails of Cold Steel 3 delayed to October 22nd 2019

This is excellent news!

I'm a big fan of NISA... can't say I've ever played a game they've done that I didn't thoroughly enjoy (except Disgaea... just not a fan, but there's nothing actually wrong with the games). Never felt they've done "shoddy" work.

Also, pretty sure NISA handled the EU releases for 1 & 2... were there any issues there?

• Like 1

Pretty sure the Twitter announcement added they were using the same localisation from the first two games so I wouldn't be afraid just yet. And even if the translation is terrible I wouldn't care since I'm just happy they're releasing the game at all

40 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

While it was played down a tad I get the feeling when Xseed lost both Brittany Avery and Tom Lipschultz this was always going to happen.

Fair enough.

Well, I'm pretty happy about the announcement. Hope they don't rush anything and make a nice localization. 

I'm not going to assume the translation will be poor or great, since I have no experience with NISA's prior work. However, I'm glad it's getting localized. I am playing Trails in the Sky the 3rd now, so I'm not too far off from start the Cold Steel series. I'd still like the play the 2 non-localized games in between, but it looks like those are a
nearly complete "proper" fan translation for Zero, and a "complete" bizarre machine-created fan translation for Ao. In any case, I'm looking forward to continuing the epic overall series.

Just like Ken Rosenberg once said: "This is a disaster! We are so screwed, man..."

I'm not gonna lie, I'm hyped for this game. BUT, NISA has done unforgivable things in the past (don't quote me asking what things, do your own search, keywords: censorship and bad localization work). I guess I'll give them my money just this time. The game's not at fault. But this only puts in doubt the situation in XSEED, hurting their image. I know well how NISA does their localization and if I see just one word out of place or unnecessary censorship in anything, the rant will be legendary.

Spoiler

lol

Edited by Katt
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, fisty123 said:

While it was played down a tad I get the feeling when Xseed lost both Brittany Avery and Tom Lipschultz this was always going to happen.

Brittany was actually a big part in Trails even being localized in the first place since she made a big push on the company to localize and publish Falcom games

3 hours ago, Sigma999 said:

Still have the first 2 Trails of Cold Steel to play before , they are related in story, right ? 

The series heavily revolves around its story and subplots. You'd do yourself a big disservice to jump in without playing the first two

Edited by majob
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, fisty123 said:

I was afraid of that, or even worse, not getting Cold Steel III at all.  I'm glad we're getting it, & that is one nice collector's edition.  It was reassuring to hear Sean Chiplock narrating the official trailer.

Please NISA, for the love of Aidios... DO NOT mess it up!  I don't want another fiasco like the one with Ys VIII's launch.  You finally made it right with that one, but it should've been all good to go from the start.

I'm disappointed to hear that NISA are the ones handling the localisation for this game instead of XSEED, but the fact that we're getting CS3 at all is great news. I've been waiting for this announcement for ages now. I can't wait to finally continue the story! Here's hoping CS4's localisation doesn't take as long to come about.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, majob said:

The series heavily revolves around its story and subplots. You'd do yourself a big disservice to jump in without playing the first two

And honestly the series doubles-down in the third game on its references to characters from pre-Cold Steel games.