Yen's Pop('d) Plats

Yen-Pop

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

It made me cry too. 1f601.png

Part of it is probably nostalgia (most, really), but I think this is the best game I've played in 2019. I'm glad you had a chance to play it. Growing up, I felt like I was the only person who ever even heard of KQ, and I still don't feel it gets the recognition it deserves -- this game included. I just wish it was longer. I would've liked more chapters of Graham as a young man, and the last chapter felt rushed. If they do make a sequel (which I hope they do), I'd like to see them move away from the episodic formula. An open world Daventry with some light RPG elements would be a dream come true.

I'm convinced that even people who aren't that familiar with King Graham or King's Quest would have to cry.

I have to say, I found Sierra and King's Quest later in life but I still feel like this was one of the best games I've played in awhile. It's been a minute since I played a game where I genuinely lost track of time and stayed up way too late playing it! I wish it was longer too, and would have enjoyed it not being episodic as well, which I get was the popular flavor at the time when it came out, but a true, open world, pick up a bucket and not know why for hours game would have been amazing. Kinda like with the Monkey Island games, I'm not ready to let go hope that we'll get the sequel we all deserve someday. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Yen-Pop said:

S0d0bdf.png

King's Quest (PS4) 1f4af.png

September 20, 2019

I'm okay, I'm okay 

1f62d.png1f62d.png1f62d.png1f62d.png

I'm not okay

10/10, especially if the Sierra King's Quest games are at all anything you've ever liked or cared about. I loved the puzzling, I loved the riddling, and I loved the story so much. I wish I hadn't waited so long to play this game, but it was such a treasure all the way through. I really did love this, and if the first episode is something you finished when it was free and you see the other episodes come up for sale, or even if you don't, I highly recommend playing the rest!

21 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

It made me cry too. 1f601.png

Part of it is probably nostalgia (most, really), but I think this is the best game I've played in 2019. I'm glad you had a chance to play it. Growing up, I felt like I was the only person who ever even heard of KQ, and I still don't feel it gets the recognition it deserves -- this game included. I just wish it was longer. I would've liked more chapters of Graham as a young man, and the last chapter felt rushed. If they do make a sequel (which I hope they do), I'd like to see them move away from the episodic formula. An open world Daventry with some light RPG elements would be a dream come true.

Nothing beats Kings Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow (1992).

The setting, the gameplay, the narrator's voice, the fucking story, everything was top notch. Roberta Williams is a name mostly forgotten nowadays along with people like Will Wright of SimCity fame.

The big problem back then is a lot of American families couldn't afford a PC, and some didn't see a purpose to getting one. The Kings Quest series and basically the Sierra games in general were basically stuck on the PC. I was just lucky enough to have an uncle back in 1994 - 1996 get a PC with AOL (American Online).

I'm glad that somebody went out and revived the series with this game on the PS4. But it greatly saddens me that people don't seem to care. Things were more innocent back in the day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Nothing beats Kings Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow (1992).

The setting, the gameplay, the narrator's voice, the fucking story, everything was top notch. Roberta Williams is a name mostly forgotten nowadays along with people like Will Wright of SimCity fame.

The big problem back then is a lot of American families couldn't afford a PC, and some didn't see a purpose to getting one. The Kings Quest series and basically the Sierra games in general were basically stuck on the PC. I was just lucky enough to have an uncle back in 1994 - 1996 get a PC with AOL (American Online).

I'm glad that somebody went out and revived the series with this game on the PS4. But it greatly saddens me that people don't seem to care. Things were more innocent back in the day.

I know I found them much later in life, because even though my family was lucky enough to have a computer back then, I wasn't much into playing videogames back in it's hayday. I can only imagine that this iteration of it was a lot of people's first introduction to the series.  

It made me sad too! I was working at a videogame store when it first came out, and I remember being so excited but I couldn't get a single other person as hyped as I was. Something I would have loved to see is the games put onto the PS4 - not even remastered or re-imagined, just as they were. Might just be a pipedream but I'm not giving up hope just yet!

21 minutes ago, Yen-Pop said:

I know I found them much later in life, because even though my family was lucky enough to have a computer back then, I wasn't much into playing videogames back in it's hayday. I can only imagine that this iteration of it was a lot of people's first introduction to the series.  

It made me sad too! I was working at a videogame store when it first came out, and I remember being so excited but I couldn't get a single other person as hyped as I was. Something I would have loved to see is the games put onto the PS4 - not even remastered or re-imagined, just as they were. Might just be a pipedream but I'm not giving up hope just yet!

That's basically my point.

Sierra along with LucasArts were the shit back in the day. Makes me happy stuff like Day of the Tentacle and Full Throttle Remastered still get a lot of people playing those games even if they're pretty old by this point.

The newest game is basically a good way to bring in a new generation into the series. I played those games 20 years ago, including the 1998 one that a lot of people criticized because there was an emphasis on combat rather than good storytelling.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

That's basically my point.

Sierra along with LucasArts were the shit back in the day. Makes me happy stuff like Day of the Tentacle and Full Throttle Remastered still get a lot of people playing those games even if they're pretty old by this point.

The newest game is basically a good way to bring in a new generation into the series. I played those games 20 years ago, including the 1998 one that a lot of people criticized because there was an emphasis on combat rather than good storytelling.

I see, yes, I agree! I hope it's brought a lot new people into a classic gaming franchise they may have otherwise not known about, just like the Double Fine remakes of those classics did!

• 2 weeks later...

1S238f94.png

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments :platinum: Perfectionist

October 1, 2019

You're goin' through your PS3 backlog the other dayyyyy... 

Letterkenny references aside, I was actually going through my PS3 games when I heard about the unfortunate drama that Frogwares is going through with their IPs thanks to Focus Home. I believe I picked this game up ages and ages ago when it was free for PS+ for PS3, and then my ex put one measly trophy on my list. Well damn. I wasn't ever super interested in it, buuuuut it's on my trophy list, it was free, and it didn't look like it was terribly difficult. And then hearing I wouldn't be able to download it again after the 29th, it was enough. Unfortunately I wasn't wrong in being disinterested in, at least the PS3 version anyway, because it was clunky, ugly, and frankly kinda gave me a headache with all the stuttering and skittering. It went quick thanks to an excellent guide I found, which I probably wouldn't have used if it ran better because I did actually like the story and the evidence finding mechanic was really fun and right up my alley. It really wasn't terrible, and I may even play the Devil's Daughter since it got a physical release on PS4, and Focus Home can't delete disks they already printed. It's just one of those mid 2010's games that's hard to go back to because the graphics aren't classic enough to be nostalgic, stylized enough to be timeless, or good enough to stand up to modern standards. 

All 'n all, it was a nice way to waste time before I start my new job, and it's hard to be mad about that.

S78adf3.pngS78adf3.pngS78adf3.png

Little Nightmares DLC 1f4af.png The Depths | The Hideaway | The Residence

I also finished the DLC for Little Nightmares! But since I haven't 100% the base game thanks to a dumb trophy that I know will actually make me hate a game I genuinely love, I didn't add it to my list for now.

Edited by Yen-Pop

• 3 weeks later...

1S064663.png

Batman: Enemy Within :platinum: I Am the Night

October 22, 2019

If I known I was like ten minutes away from finishing the game, I probably would have finished this a few days ago haha! But my new job has taken it out of me so much that even though I had the opportunity to stay up late I just... didn't. Is this adulthood? Yuck. Anyway, the game! It was good, I mean Telltale really knew their shit and knew how to make a pretty enjoyable game and with a fantastic story - and it just so happens I'm a huge sucker for anything Batman so it was even more my jam. And as far as Telltale goes, I have to say this is probably the least glitchy one I've played in a long time. Even the first Batman had so many graphical glitches, voice over glitches, etc etc it was hard to play, and in this the only real glitch I ever had was one character whose voice played twice for a particular scene for no reason. Though I will say, playing this and Man of Medan at the same time, it's really funny to see how forgiving the QTEs in Telltales games are versus a Supermassive game; Telltale you can hit every button on the controller as long as eventually you hit the right one, where as Supermassive if you even breath incorrectly you're eff'd. 

It's been sitting in my library for something like a year or so, and it was enjoyable removing it! Buuuut unless you really love this type of genre or Batman, or platinums, I wouldn't recommend going out of my way for it. 

Edited by Yen-Pop

• 1 month later...

1S169f3e.png

Lego the Incredibles :platinum: It's Showtime!

December 9, 2019

Well well well, it's been quite a long time since I updated because honestly it's been a long time since I had anything to update, especially since I moved in the beginning of November and just got internet... Today. Like I finished setting it up about 30 minutes ago! But with everything going on in my life, I needed some brainless, plain fun game to keep me occupied in my end time - Lego is always super good for that! Now is this the best Lego game? No, not really; it's much smaller in scale compared to Lego Undercover, or the Marvel ones, or Lego Batman 3, and it's clearly aimed at a much younger audience, especially since there are small detail changes that make the story less real. Ala Gazerbeam still being alive or Syndrome being put in jail. But was it fun, did I enjoy myself, did it distract me from my adult life? Yes, yes it did. And that's really more of what I needed ?

• 3 weeks later...

1S7538d9.png

The Council :platinum: Knight of the Golden Order

December 25, 2019

Okay okay okay so I know the voice acting in the first hour or so is super cringey, but hear me out... This is actually a really good, cool game, especially if you like alternate paths based on your decisions, RPG elements, the occult, and alternative history. It's such a strange combination but it really does work, at least it did for me. It took a second to get past the bad voice acting from Louis and Sarah (which doesn't make any sense because they got a French actor to voice a French man who has an American accent for no real discernible reason), but once you get into the meat and potatoes of the thing, you learn to see past it - especially when you're in a battle of whits of the likes of George Washington. It really does matter that you pay attention to where you allocate your exp to and that you pay attention to what everyone is vulnerable to and resistant to - George Washington can't be swayed by politics but can be diverted to another topic easily, etc. It was honestly a delight, and while the ending was a little on the nose, it made me instantly excited to play through it again to see how things would shake out differently when I made different decisions, because unlike other games of it's ilk (cough Telltale cough) your decisions actually feel like they have real, actual consequences to the outcome. And having a bar that's more or less an exhaustion meter for your skills, it really makes you think through every skill use and think through every time you think about using an item to get through a conversation or make a decision.

All 'n all, I found this game delightful and I really do recommend it! Especially since the whole season is like 15 bucks online anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

1S83b30f.png

Trover Saves The Universe :platinum: Platinum Trophy (Thanks for your money suckers)

January 16, 2020

S87a724.pngS87a724.png

DLC 1f4af.png Jopo Update | Important Cosmic Jobs

Took me longer than it should have thanks to the holidays, my job, and wasting just so much time on trying to platinum Bendy and the Ink Machine, but I finally got the first platinum trophy of 2020! WOO! And not only that, it's my 100th platinum trophy! That's some double plus good shit right there, for sure! I really enjoyed this game, but I'm also a fan of the left-field, sophomoric humor that comes with anything Justin Roiland - honestly my favorite moments were when the characters would go off on crazy rants or when Justin Roiland would completely break and start hysterically laughing, but they kept it in the cut. I have the VR but I didn't use it for this, since I haven't set it back up ever since my big move in November, but even so I can't imagine that the controls would have felt less weird with it on. That said, they weren't unbearably bad and easy to get used to, even with the amount of platforming that's done. I've already played Accounting+ but this just makes me want to play more games made by him, and makes me look forward to hopefully more games in the future! 

Edited by Yen-Pop

• 3 weeks later...

1S8aaccc.png

Donut County :platinum: All Done

February 1, 2020

I've been playing Night in the Woods a lot lately, and Thursday I got, let's be honest, really drunk and was in no condition to play a game like that - especially with as much as I have and had enjoyed it up to that point, and I didn't want to miss anything or mess anything up. I'd wanted to play Donut County since it had been shown at E3 years ago, and since it was on sale I couldn't help myself! Especially since it was easy to play and didn't require too much brain power, which I really needed this week. Literally the only "hard" thing about it was not taking damage during the final boss fight and even that only took a few tries to accomplish. It was nice to have win after this terrible, terrible week at work haha! I will say though, with as short as it was, I would have been really disappointed if I had paid full price for it. It was a nice little easy puzzle game, and I loved it.

1S8990e1.png

Night in the Woods :platinum: Ride the Chariot

February 6, 2020

"There is a hole at the center of everything

And it is always growing

Between the stars I am seeing it

It is coming

And you are not escaping

And the universe is forgetting you

And the universe is being forgotten

And there is nothing to remember it

Not even the things beyond

And now there is only the hole"

I think there's a lot to be said for that feeling of quarter life ennui when you're a young person who feels like they're being left behind by a world that keeps moving forward and changing, and friends who keep moving on and changing, when you yourself feel like you're not just stuck but moving backward. And while Mae is an utterly detestable person and an overall jerk (her words) there's a lot about her I found painfully relatable - even if what happens to her through the course of the game... Isn't. Some people/critics whose opinions I value called this game indie darling garbage, but this was one of those games where I was happy to immediately start it again to see what I missed because of my choices in my first playthrough! Everything - the music, atmosphere, aesthetic, story - I really, genuinely enjoyed all of it. Well... With the exception of the bass mini game. I must have died a billion times playing through the Demontower game, but that was so satisfying and fun that I didn't care how hard it was. God damn Pumpkin Head Guy, however, can burn in donut hell for the rest of everything until the universe is forgotten. Get it? References! 

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go read some game theories about this game and try and think of anything other than the bridge of that awful song

• Like 1

@Yen-Pop Congrats on the Night in the Woods plat. I really liked the game too. Demontower wasn't too bad until near the end it took a steep hit in difficulty but it was a good feeling when it was completed. Somehow I managed to stumble through Pumpkin Head Guy for the win but it confirmed why I never got into the whole rockband craze awhile back.

Im struggling with getting the Seriously? trophy. I forgot to copy down which sketches I unlocked during the first playthrough before restarting but pretty sure I didn't miss any as I was keeping tabs on a guide while going along. Was there any sketch you missed and had to go back for? Do you know if the extra song sketches the Weird Autumn update added need to be collected? I heard they don't count for this trophy but I really don't know anymore.

Edited by gruffiiti

6 hours ago, gruffiiti said:

@Yen-Pop Congrats on the Night in the Woods plat. I really liked the game too. Demontower wasn't too bad until near the end it took a steep hit in difficulty but it was a good feeling when it was completed. Somehow I managed to stumble through Pumpkin Head Guy for the win but it confirmed why I never got into the whole rockband craze awhile back.

Im struggling with getting the Seriously? trophy. I forgot to copy down which sketches I unlocked during the first playthrough before restarting but pretty sure I didn't miss any as I was keeping tabs on a guide while going along. Was there any sketch you missed and had to go back for? Do you know if the extra song sketches the Weird Autumn update added need to be collected? I heard they don't count for this trophy but I really don't know anymore.

According to what I saw, there's three extra songs that you can play only in your room - and it looks like only Cycles (available Day 6) and Tick Tock (available Day 8) are the two extra songs you have to do okay at to get journal entries for. You can play Go Get Dead Angelface but it doesn't add anything. A really helpful guide that I used for it is here; it saved my bacon, especially since there were a few small things I missed in my first playthrough I never would have thought to do! Especially the eels next to your mom's entry. I hope that helps!

• Like 1

@Yen-Pop Thanks for the tips and the link. I'll jump on this weekend and see if I can't pop that last sketch to get me the plat too. The other thought I had was maybe I missed grabbing one of the heads during Greggs hangout 1 or doubled up on one and still need one. Hopefully it wont be too frustrating to figure it out.

• Like 1

1S102c78.png

Assassin's Creed Rogue (PS3) :platinum: Platinum Trophy

February 9, 2020

Well 4 years and 8 months later, I finally finished this one! I remember very well when this came out - I was working at GameStop at the time, and since it came out in conjunction with Assassin's Creed Unity we were getting just constant phone calls asking if Rogue was on the new systems and if Unity was on the old. I played Unity first, not because I was excited but because at the time if the store had more than five preowned copies on hand, employees were allowed to borrow a copy for three days at a time - which I absolutely took advantage of to the fullest. And Unity sucked. Not just because of the crashing, glitches, etc etc but because the story was terrible. I got this some time later as part of a Buy 2 Get 1, and was floored by how much more enjoyable this was comparatively! I was so excited when it was released on the PS4 so more people would play it, I've said for ages that I thought this was amazing! But boy howdy, going back to the older games, especially on the PS3 really makes ya' thankful for the changes that have been made in Origins and Odyssey. The fact that run isn't a default was definitely something to get used to. Thankfully the trophy sweep was a lot easier than I expected, which makes me wonder why I gave up on it and makes me wish naval battles would come back!

1Sf16e17.png

The Town of Light :platinum: The Town of Light

February 12, 2020

Have you ever had to hold another human being down as they were put into four point restraints to a bed to prevent them from seriously injuring themselves or others? And then fed them, and assisted them in emptying their bladder so they wouldn't have to lay in their own cold urine for an untold amount of hours? Have you ever had to do a 'two man hold' while you forced another human being to take a shower while a nurse did their best to clean them carefully and quickly? Ever took someone to the floor while they cried to their mother and to God to just let them die?

I worked in a mental health facility as a Mental Health Therapy Technician for several years. The Town of Light is set in Italy during the 1940s, which allows people who don't know to think oh well it's not like that anymore, mental health has come a long way and while yes, it has, there were unfortunately facilities that operated like their dramatic portrayal in the United States well into the 2000s. The facility I worked in famously closed their children's program after many of the teenage girls in the program became pregnant - especially troubling since the only male interaction they had were with male members of staff. It closed in the 80s. If this sort of thing is something you're interested in learning about and you want to just ruin your day, look into the Fairview facility in Oregon and a little documentary called "Where's Molly?" And even with the advancements in mental health as we know them today, they are still completely barbaric. They still do ECT. You have to opt into it, and your legal guardians, health care representatives, and a judge have to agree with your wishes, but you can have it done. I've put my hands on so many people in the name of safety. And I got terribly injured many times - punched, kicked, irreversibly damaged my knees, my back, hips - and I watched my friends and peers get the same and worse, from as small as getting human feces and spit thrown on them to Terminal Brain Injuries so severe they are permanently face blind. I left that job without notice in July.

The story telling is very strong, obviously. I can't think of another game that has made me look away during a cutscene because it was just too upsetting. And depending on the trajectory of your life, there are themes and story beats in it that are deeply troubling and possibly triggering. Boy oh boy. I'm glad this is over. 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2020 at 0:07 AM, Yen-Pop said:

1Sf16e17.png

The Town of Light :platinum: The Town of Light

February 12, 2020

Have you ever had to hold another human being down as they were put into four point restraints to a bed to prevent them from seriously injuring themselves or others? And then fed them, and assisted them in emptying their bladder so they wouldn't have to lay in their own cold urine for an untold amount of hours? Have you ever had to do a 'two man hold' while you forced another human being to take a shower while a nurse did their best to clean them carefully and quickly? Ever took someone to the floor while they cried to their mother and to God to just let them die?

I worked in a mental health facility as a Mental Health Therapy Technician for several years. The Town of Light is set in Italy during the 1940s, which allows people who don't know to think oh well it's not like that anymore, mental health has come a long way and while yes, it has, there were unfortunately facilities that operated like their dramatic portrayal in the United States well into the 2000s. The facility I worked in famously closed their children's program after many of the teenage girls in the program became pregnant - especially troubling since the only male interaction they had were with male members of staff. It closed in the 80s. If this sort of thing is something you're interested in learning about and you want to just ruin your day, look into the Fairview facility in Oregon and a little documentary called "Where's Molly?" And even with the advancements in mental health as we know them today, they are still completely barbaric. They still do ECT. You have to opt into it, and your legal guardians, health care representatives, and a judge have to agree with your wishes, but you can have it done. I've put my hands on so many people in the name of safety. And I got terribly injured many times - punched, kicked, irreversibly damaged my knees, my back, hips - and I watched my friends and peers get the same and worse, from as small as getting human feces and spit thrown on them to Terminal Brain Injuries so severe they are permanently face blind. I left that job without notice in July.

The story telling is very strong, obviously. I can't think of another game that has made me look away during a cutscene because it was just too upsetting. And depending on the trajectory of your life, there are themes and story beats in it that are deeply troubling and possibly triggering. Boy oh boy. I'm glad this is over. 

It was a harsh game i agree. At times it was hard to play and not for the feint of heart. I also remember feeling very uncomfortable. It is sad though to hear that at times we are not as much advanced as we would believe. 

• Like 1

Scf17a3.pngScf17a3.png

Scf17a3.png

Assassin's Creed Odyssey DLC 1f4af.png Legacy of the First Blade: Episode 1 | Episode 2 | Episode 3

February 17 | February 19 | February 21

Malakas! I was able to get all the Odyssey DLC on sale (which also included the PS4 Remasters of ACIII and Liberation much to my surprise and excitement) and I've been pretty pleasantly surprised so far! In a series that's had a horrible time just throwing the same four missions at you over and over again, I love that in the later entries they've made sure to have a wide variety of things to do. I also appreciate that with Odyssey, the DLC, so far, is just giving you fun, free missions to keep your time in Greece to last a good long time, and paid DLC that actually provides world and lore building! We'll see if these feelings of elation last as I enter into the next set of DLC, but so far I feel like it's a few dollars well spent! ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

1S2eb807.png

Steven Universe: Save the Light :platinum: Believe in Steven

March 10, 2020

weeeeeee ARE THE GLITCHY CRYSTAL GEMS! My game choices have been a smidge dark themed lately, so when I saw this buddy on sale in the physical addition I jumped at the chance to play a light, fun game based on one of my favorite cartoons in recent memory. And boy, it's a lot of fun but damn it's mad glitchy. Thankfully it autosaves fairly regularly, but it's been awhile since I played a game that had this many problems. Full animations not registering so the characters get caught in an endless loop of just waiting for the next action to happen to continue, glitching through walls and through the ground. But honestly? This turn based RPG was exactly what the doctor ordered. The music! The aesthetic! The gameplay! It was genuinely a delight, and it was a lot of fun to pal around with any combination of Pearl, Garnet, Sapphire, Greg, Peridot, and Connie as I saw fit. I've been craving an RPG lately and this was a nice aperitif until I either 1. go back to an RPG I still need to plat/100% or 2. find something new to sink my teeth into.

I'm going to be leaving for an extended vacation (first one I've had in God knows how long) so I have my Vita and Remote Play ready to go! I would love for there to be a nice big sale this weekend but I'm sure I'll probably just fall back to platinum-less PS Plus games and Assassin's Creed DLC ?

• 4 weeks later...

So I haven't been as active video game wise here lately. I had a family member pass while I was out of town visiting them, and I happened to be stuck in Missouri for a few extra days in the midst of everything shutting down amid the Covid-19 pandemic. Then I had the pleasure of being exposed. And so far, for about a week, I've been experiencing symptoms. Fun! So video games haven't really been on the forefront of my mind. But I do have some updates!

S57ec83.pngS57ec83.png

S57ec83.pngS57ec83.png

Assassin's Creed Odyssey DLC 1f4af.png Additional Feats | The Fate of Atlantis Episode 1 | Episode 2 | Episode 3

February 22 | February 26 | March 12 | March 27

Well after a year and a half, AC Odyssey is officially 100%'d! And honestly, overall, I really liked all of the DLC. I recognize that I'm also a huge dork for the series - I mean, I even liked Syndicate - but I liked that each DLC for Fate of Atlantis was a new map, a new location, a new story, with more or less new things to accomplish. I liked learning more about the Isu, I liked the through-line story of all the DLC. Did it need to be episodic? Maybe not, but I can see why it was done that way especially with the Fate of Atlantis. Overall, I enjoyed going back to this game, and I enjoyed all of my time in the world. If Ubisoft was like "oh yeah, here's 12 more story DLCs" I'd buy them. 

XV2e8rS.jpg

Also the New Year's Resolution Community Event ended and I got my badge! Yayyyy! I always love fun events that have a great theme, which have room for lots of different kinds of games. I look forward to the next one~ 

• Like 1

S764480.pngS87919b.png

S477bef.png

Marvel's Spider-Man 1f4af.png City That Never Sleeps: The Heist | Turf Wars | Silver Lining

April 9 | April 11 | April 12

I needed a break from Mark of Kri and MediEvil, and I needed something a little more mindless and a little less infuriating since I have enough frustration in my life right now haha! I bought this DLC on sale at the same time, I decided it was time to go back to New York City and websling around and just enjoy myself. And I don't know if it's how long it's been since I played the game or if it's a weird learning curve, but damn the DLC is definitely harder than the main game. The story was good, but the DLCs are all relatively short without doing all the side stuff and getting all the trophies, so I don't know that I would recommend it at the $24 price tag when The Witcher's DLC was the same price but you get two full stories the size of some games. However, it was really nice going back to such a great game and I look forward playing it again in New Game+ to get that sweet, sweet 100%! Also on a positive personal note, I'm officially 72 hours symptom free! Hopefully that means I'm out of the woods Covid-19 wise, but we'll see!

• Like 1

1Sef5822.png

Wattam :platinum: All Done

April 15, 2020

I wish this game was 1000 hours with endless things to do. I don't even know what else to say. I think the last game that gave me this much joy was Tearaway - the combination of the music, game play, and visuals just give you the warm fuzzies and honestly it was exactly what I needed. The story was extremely touching and sweet, and even made me sort of sad, but i was even more sad that it was all over. I can go back to my regularly scheduled video game programming of dreary environments and murder because I got a shock to the system that I didn't even know I needed. It also made me endlessly miss the Katamari Damacy games! And even the minor grind at the end was still enjoyable because for God's sake the hardest trophies in the game are to do the three silliest things in the game 100 times, and if you're like me, you're already doing them over and over again anyway because it's funny. 

The world is a dreary shithole right now. Why not play something that makes you smile?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, evs_castro said:

Hey, nice checklist! Some titles that i'm really interested in playing like AC Rogue, Shadow of Mordor and Night Into the Woods.
Hope you can get to your 130 plats goals this year, cheers! 1f601.png

Thank you very much! I highly, highly recommend Night in the Woods! And for Shadow of Mordor and Shadow of War, I was genuinely surprised by how much I enjoyed them!

• Like 1