LucianaRosethorn's Platinum Stories ^_^

LucianaRosethorn

Very nice read, I do especially  love when people appreciate FF XIII, cause it seems that people love to go the other way and shit on it.

I agree on so many levels. I've platinumed this game 3 times ( yes 3, I swear this is gonna be my last account ) and I always loved doing so.

- Story is great and on your 1st playthrough you're so insanely confused, nothing makes sense and when I played it again, I said to myself on numerous occasions : " oh, this is actually very smart, it'll make sense ( finally )"

- Music is just so damn beautiful 

- People that say the battle system is just pushing x all the time can suck a lemon. That may be true to some extent, but if you're going for that 100% you know that ain't the case

I don't care. I have huge love for this game. There are many better FFs than this, or maybe that's just nostalgia talking, but still it's a very solid game and the ending get's me every time :)

Anyway, just wanted to put my five cents, sorry for the intrusion :)

Have a good night

• Like 1

Got to admit, I really, really liked the format you used to talk about FF XIII up there. Very personal, interesting, fun to read and straight to the point with all the relevant info anyone may need. You also have a lot of games to play on all consoles, cheers for that.

Will be looking to read about your future journeys and experiences here :D Also, welcome to the Checklist section of the site. I'm your friendly neighbor that also happens to have a checklist that he updates once every blue moon lol

Kaiser was right... That thing totally looks like a Mecha-Bulbasaur of sorts o.O

• Like 2

Nice format for a checklist! And that's quite the backlog you have there. Mine is pretty much like that as well. :lol: Good luck with the both of them! I look forward to reading your thoughts on the games you'll play. Especially Danganronpa. :giggle:

• Like 2

This was a great idea, I have a good time reading your memories, hopefully more people will do similar posts to shere their gaming experiences. 

About the games; even thought I have the :platinum: for both Final Fantasy XIII  and  Final Fantasy XIII-2 I had to come back for XIII after more than a year due to that Treasure Hunter trophy, it really bothered me back then. Last year I focused on getting the last trophies I was missing and not let the awful grinding take the best of me. The game was absolutely beautiful imo, the graphics were excellent and the music was really good (love that battle theme :awesome:), the combat system was interesting and got to test with but the linear story (and game) and the simplicity of the crystarium lvl up system annoyed me.

For XIII-2 the story is short, most of the time I didn't even know what's happening :facepalm: with all those time travels and time paradox I got lost a couple of times, but by the time I got the plat I was more aware of the story and ready to jump to Lightning Returns, speaking of wich... Would you be playing it now that you have XIII & XIII-2 :platinum:s?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LucianaRosethorn said:

I actually did have and interest in the games quite a bit but there's just so many of them I wouldn't know where to begin. If I did play one to try out the series what would you recommend? :D 

It's depend, if you want an experience of how Atelier actually is you should play Arland serie. I always recommend if is your first time with Atelier and want play Arland go for the vanila version on PS3 and after if you want more try the plus version either on vita or now on PS4. In other hand if you just want enjoy the game and don't want think too much in the time limited or follow walkthrought, etc., try with either Dusk serie (Ayesha plus is a different game and a bit hard than vanila version, but Escha and Shallie are exactly the same game on vita and PS3) or Mystery serie with Sophie, Firis and Lydie and Suelle.

Don't worry about the amount of Atelier's game you can play nowadays, you don't need to play all of them like I do (at least you learn to love Atelier like I do ?). This year we will play a new spin-off: Atelier Nelke-chan, the game looks very interesting since you can find a lot of protagonists of old games (since Marie-sama the first atelier until Lydie-chan and Suelle-chan)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LucianaRosethorn said:

Yep! I've already start Lighting Returns and currently have Fang's main mission to do and I'm on day 4 I believe. I've played the game a lot in the past but never beat the boss so it's a thing I really want to do, I also might save the third platinum for it just so the series can be next to each other. What did you think of the game yourself? Also, isn't the Moogle Forest just the best thing ever!? :P

I'm more like a "cold guy" tbh but yeah, I did laugh with those Moogle and their quests ?

I do like Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII  mostly because I like Lightning :wub: but also the battle system, I found it refreshing and very enjoyable, it demands you to be patient and aware of the foes, watch their moves to know where to strike or take cover for example. The story althought it was confusing at first, allows you to see different sides from Lightnings personality, I also like the "count-down to the en of the world" mechanic and how some missions can only be done during specific hours and what I probably liek the most was the fact that you can kill a whole species of foes, the developers really stick to the idea that the world was coming to an end.

So yeah, very fun to play imo and the main focus of the story was kept along the whole game in both cinematics and the gameplay :yay:

4 hours ago, LucianaRosethorn said:

I actually played it when it very first came out and loved it so much! I definitely need to play it again along with the other games. The only problem is that when I do play it, I feel like watching the Anime all over again. xD

I really need to re watch the anime some time as well. It's just so long that it's difficult to find time in-between other shows and games. xD  

13 hours ago, LucianaRosethorn said:

Welcome to the backlog club! Thank you, I'm glad you like the format. xDThe platinum for FFXIII can be tedious so I find it's best to stick to it otherwise you won't do it, that treasure trophy is a nightmare. Oh really? You're the first I've seen to ever have that as your first platinum, have you played Lighting Returns? :) 

I don't think I'll be going for the plat as I don't have that much time anymore to go for every plat ?

Well FFXIII-2 has a really easy plat and it was one of the first games I had.

I played Lightning Returns and liked it. Especially the mechanic were you come back even stronger when the world is destroyed. 

This was an answer to someone else but FFVII is my least favourite FF game, too.

And if you want to start the Atelier series (my favourite game series btw) I can confirm what @AlchemistWer wrote. As long as you start with the first game of a trilogy there is no problem.

Edited by Kurorac

17 hours ago, LucianaRosethorn said:

This would be my second time earning the platinum (I've had 5+ accounts so I know the struggle xD) and it did lose some charm but that's just because of the grinding and how I really wanted it to be my first platinum, it's still an incredible game to experience. I'm really happy you also enjoyed the game just as much as me it sounds, what would you say is your favourite Final Fantasy? =)

My favourite game in FF series ( and as it happens, my favourite game of all time ) would have to be FF IX.

Game that made a huge impact on a 12, maybe 13- year old kid and  game that really got me into JRpgs. Just a plain masterpiece in my opinion.

On the side note I also think that FFVII is overated. I would say that for many people the "nostalgia factor" is overtaking our objective opinions about some games, but again, it might be the same for me regarding FFIX :)  Have a lovely day.