Silencer0004

Glitchy mess

17 posts in this topic

EDIT: It seems to be a problem with the cheating engine. Therefore, if you consider going on a rampage for fun, backup your save file!

On PS4, this game is a glitchy mess. I lost hours of progress in the last 2 days as the game crashed after saving. Now, every save except for 1 is corrupted. Avoid this broken piece at any cost!

Edited by Silencer0004

Not that I'm denying you have had problems but I can say for certainty that I had no problems with the game (or any of the trophies) so I wouldn't put the blame entirely on the quality/stability of the port.

Not saying it didn't happen, but I've finished literally every version of this game, and am even playing through it at the moment on Android TV, and I can say without a doubt, I didn't have a single issue when platinuming it on PS4, and that that version worked flawlessly for me.

Don't really have much in the way of advice, maybe reinstall it? idk

The problem occurred immediately after unlocking the second island. When I wanted to save an error message came up, the game was terminated and the one save slot was corrupt. This was not such a big problem as I always used a different slot. So I loaded another slot and played from there. I had the same problem a few more times, but since I always saved all 2-3 missions, the loss was bearable. However I had the error again and suddenly all save slots were corrupt except 2. Now I'm exactly where I unlocked the second island.

Remember you always have a save in the cloud if you have ps plus . Might have to redo some things but it's better than starting all over . I have not experienced any issues either with currupted saves 

Now I ran into the glitch where the game just records 19/20 of the unique jumps. Tried to reload an older savegame. Tried to start a new game and load the game. Nothing work. I'm done with this piece of sh*t.

EDIT: See last post!

Edited by Silencer0004

the only issue I ran into was the Import/Export list. I managed to complete all the lists and get that trophy but for some reason when I loaded my save to complete 100% trophy it said I was missing something and it ended up being the Mr Whoopee van... other than that it was fine

On 24.1.2019 at 9:07 PM, SirPigFace said:

the only issue I ran into was the Import/Export list. I managed to complete all the lists and get that trophy but for some reason when I loaded my save to complete 100% trophy it said I was missing something and it ended up being the Mr Whoopee van... other than that it was fine

I didn't bother about the Import/Export so far but I'm 100% sure, that it will glitch on me as well.

EDIT: See last post!

Edited by Silencer0004

Sad to hear about the glitchy mess by your playthrough 😕 i played it some month ago and it worked flawless. Even the purple nine glitch I never encountered on ps4 or back on the ps2. 

On 24.1.2019 at 10:19 PM, DENNIS330bmw said:

Sad to hear about the glitchy mess by your playthrough 1f615.png i played it some month ago and it worked flawless. Even the purple nine glitch I never encountered on ps4 or back on the ps2. 

Actually I didn't encounter this one either. But I finished everything except this one jump and the Import/Export list and now everything is for nothing. Maybe I'll give it a try in the future but as you need to get 100% all progress is worthless. 

EDIT: I managed to get all jumps done. I loaded an old savegame (Before unlocking the second island) and used the exploits to enter the other islands. I completed the first and the second island. Don't know why but I thought about trying the jumps on my 75% savegame again and it worked. The missing jump was the one on island 2 where you jump from the carpark (It's EXTREMELY important to jump straight and NOT inclined towards the street).
Hopefully I'll get 100% done without any further issues.

Edited by Silencer0004

It shows a 17% completion so it cant be that bad.  But still I dont know why I torture myself with these games. 😡

absolutely no problem... the purple nine glitch only affects your game if you have previous saves on same save file (memory card)... this game was actually very well done on ps4... must be your system

On 1/18/2019 at 7:01 AM, Silencer0004 said:

On PS4, this game is a glitchy mess. I lost hours of progress in the last 2 days as the game crashed after saving. Now, every save except for 1 is corrupted. Avoid this broken piece at any cost!

If you have too many tanks spawned in the game via the use of cheats, your save file may get corrupted

7 hours ago, BemusedNContused said:

If you have too many tanks spawned in the game via the use of cheats, your save file may get corrupted

This might be the case. I sure ran over some cops everytime I finished a couple of missions and saving afterwards might have corrupted the save file.

7 hours ago, Silencer0004 said:

This might be the case. I sure ran over some cops everytime I finished a couple of missions and saving afterwards might have corrupted the save file.

I think there can only be 7 vehicles spawned in an area at one time.  After that it becomes a memory issue.  And tanks spawn using cheats dont despawn.  It is a known issue.

Edited by BemusedNContused