Online for Uncharted 2 and 3 (Feedback needed)

I think it depends if you have a solid crew that you play/boost games with.  If you do, you should have no trouble, the treasure drops are fair and work fine, and overseer is a matter of simply getting in a bit of practice.  As far as Uncharted 2 goes, I find that one is a decent challenge, but again, no problem if you have a decent set of friends to help you through the journey.  It's how I got it done and together, we got a lot of people 100% of the MP trophies.

24 minutes ago, Solid-Fisch said:

I can actually speak for Uncharted 3, which I'm currently playing.

How bad it is? Baaaad. In a scale from 1-10, when 1 is super easy and 10 as good as impossible, it's an 8. At least! Not only does it takes tons of hours but also simply... luck. In case of the treasures: They drop randomly, I know people that played over 30 hours just for especially one treasure to drop. Then there is the overseer trophy... You. wont. make. it. without. a. super. team. Believe me. For most of the other trophys, which are super grindy as well, you also need good people and if best a group of 10 people, so no randoms can destroy your boosting sessions. 

So here is my clear advice: I've just watched your profile: every game 100%. So, you don't wanna go for this game. Yup, you don't. Listen to your uncle Solid-Fisch. You don't.

If you wanna enjoy the Uncharted series ---> go for the remastered versions on PS4. They don't have the multiplayer anymore.

^This right here...especially in regards to Uncharted 3.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Solid-Fisch said:

I can actually speak for Uncharted 3, which I'm currently playing.

How bad it is? Baaaad. In a scale from 1-10, when 1 is super easy and 10 as good as impossible, it's an 8. At least! Not only does it takes tons of hours but also simply... luck. In case of the treasures: They drop randomly, I know people that played over 30 hours just for especially one treasure to drop. Then there is the overseer trophy... You. wont. make. it. without. a. super. team. Believe me. For most of the other trophys, which are super grindy as well, you also need good people and if best a group of 10 people, so no randoms can destroy your boosting sessions. 

So here is my clear advice: I've just watched your profile: every game 100%. So, you don't wanna go for this game. Yup, you don't. Listen to your uncle Solid-Fisch. You don't.

If you wanna enjoy the Uncharted series ---> go for the remastered versions on PS4. They don't have the multiplayer anymore.

I don’t want to take the easy way out and I do have multiple ps3s. Is it really not doable? How many systems do you need?

Edited by VoidVictorious

Uncharted 2 is easier to do then 3 since there are less trophies. I played both multiplayers extensively when they were in their prime (2011-2013) and even then, some trophies were still very hard to obtain. Uncharted 3 is still pretty populated last time I checked but the playerbase for Uncharted 2 has been on the decline for many years. They are fun to play but for trophies? Unless you really want to do it, I'd skip it. 

Yep I opted for the remasters having boosted 2 and 3 on my old account. 2 is bad in that it will take a very long time to achieve the trophies and you need at least 6 people to boost. 3 is torture because it’s more luck based. Finding the last few treasures you need could take days or it could take months. There are also some tough trophies which require 3 people - and you need to be good! 

Just go with the remasters ?

Uncharted 2 is plain tedious, but the 2500 kills is much easier to do legit, surprisingly the pistol is the best gun in the game to use.

Uncharted 3 like others have said is harder, but also at the same time fun. You can get away with doing everything legit except the treasures, which is an AWFUL luck grind. But the wins come with time, expect to spend a lot of time on them if you want all the trophies. I did it back in 2013 so I'm not sure if the grenade ball game mode is still in there, but if it is, that's a good starter to get the grenade trophies. The statue co-op trophy is very hard and takes a lot of practice. 

But boy are they both MEATY 100%s to have. 

• Like 1

I got 100% in each back when they were populated and had a great time doing it, so much they are my favourite games. That said uncharted 3 treasures almost ruined it took me over 300 hours so just hope you get lucky!. I'd start with 2 but only if you can get a dedicated group and if you don't think much of it then forget 3 cause it's much longer. 

Getting 100% in Uncharted 3 was one of the most rewarding things and memorable things I’ve done in gaming! In particular, the Overseer trophy, my team and I felt this was impossible at first but once we had a game plan (where one of us stayed at the entrance to snipe the rocket launchers) and executed it perfectly, it was nothing but hype! For the treasures, what I did, which is kind of embarrassing to admit (but whatever I got my 100%) was to use some Law of Attraction principles. I’d look up what the treasures would look like and visualize it popping on the screen when we beat a boss. Within a day or two, I’d get the treasure I was looking for. Honestly I used this same method to unlock all the gold crowns in Monster Hunter World, but I digress. I say go for it, it’ll seem daunting at first but finding a good team/boosting partners will definitely enhance the experience. Also, you never know when they’ll shut the servers down, and I’m sure you wouldn’t want to regret not trying to go for these. Cheers, and good luck on your endeavors!

• Like 1

Getting 100% on UC2 wasn't really that bad, but it took me a long, long time to reach 100%, but at this time I imagine that it might not be enough active. I haven't played it in while. However, UC3, well, if you're going to get 100% on UC3, it might feel like forever/impossible to reach 100% in everything at first, but have faith and read how to get the online trophies especially co-op, make sure to have a plan before playing with two players you trust with their works, if thing didn't go well, they can always try again until 100% in the coop trophies. On the other hand, farming the rare treasures was the most tedious thing I've ever done.  

I haven’t completed 3 yet, it’s actually a pretty fun mp but some of the trophies are very grindy, I got bored of spending hours just hoping a treasure that I didn’t already have would spawn. 

I didnt find 2 as bad but I was boosting with a good group who made it less of a drag. I’d definitely boost some of the trophies, but play matches while you’re not boosting to speed up the total kills trophy. It’s still quite grindy though, and unlike 3 you can’t use extra controllers do you’ll need 6 players for some trophies.

52 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

Sorry dude, best intentions on my part. Still looking for encouragement and feedback.

When I did boost both games a fair while ago I remember it would take ages just to find your boosting buddies.  But when you did it was pretty much smooth sailing.  

I just had to come back once again, I'd like to  share my experience and a bit of suggestion if you don't mind at all. As for UC3 grindy trophies, I really can't remember how many players exactly required for boosting, but I assumed it was like, 8 or 10 players to start the match so make sure there's no random players otherwise a random would ruin everything. And, IIRC, if there are the players in the lobby and no one quits as long as you stay with them, you'd play the matches multiple times. This does benefit for everyone to focus on the grindy trophies they'd work. But, the hardest part was to gather players when they have different time zones, and for often or a bit too frequently, if one player loses the connection, this more likely forces everyone to search separately all over again to meet each other in the lobby to avoid the random joining. I would suggest getting the trophies that required more than 3 or 4 players out of the way first because it was really pain the ass. 

And, now the treasures trophies are the worst part of the whole game you might want to worry for last, as others have said, it might take a hundred of hours to get what treasure you need, and what's really bad about is that it's all based on luck. This might sound scary, but all the treasures are not impossible to get! I'd suggest to read different methods/guides about what's the best place to farm, etc. This is what I did. Listen to your favorite music while farming the treasures helps you to keep going on.  And, for these co-op trophies, obviously like others said, you just really need to be so good at it! No worries, like I said, you will have infinite attempts to try and you get familiar with how everything works. Each co-op map is at least 15-20 minutes If my memory serves me right. 

And that's all I had to say for now. I also noticed that you enjoy to get 100% on your profile, which is really cool thing, but that's making me think you'd really not want to do this, honestly. On a bit of my personal note, while I was sweating my ass to get 100% through the darkest times of my gaming life and I constantly thought, why the heck would I want to do this?! True story, and eventually I finally got my last treasure and 100%, I don't even know how to describe how so happy I was and how much I wanted to thank to those who played with me. I know, I know...I know I'm sort of reflecting my past. It was really cool meeting a lot of boosters, chatting with them and all like that. 

And, last thing I wanted to say that UC3 is fun, absolutely fun! And, you might want to depend on with full confidence and find people who are really motivated to stick with you, you're good. But, think twice before starting this, this could take you months to get everything done. 

Wish you the best of luck and happy gaming. 

• Like 1

I would definitely go for Uncharted 3, the co-op trophies are very fun but will require at least 3 competent players. On a side note, competitive trophies as well as treasure farming will take quite some time. You will need 5 consoles with 2 pads for most competitive modes to lock a lobby and 2 consoles with 2 pads each to farm treasures in Hunter Arena.

Edited by Shiganshina
Mistake

I have both 100% from last year. Some trophies are fun, others boring as hell.

U2:

-Competitive matches will catch you most of the time; because you need 50 wins of every mode. Also, you need a couple of medals for another trophies, but those will not be a problem because you will get them in the road of the 50 wins. However, there's a last trophy that probably would be the last one, that's the pain in the ass of the 100%. You need to farm 2500 kills in any competitive mode. Fortunately you can boost this, but playing in public matches will help you a lot (yeah, people still playing this mode). Just think that if you have a 6 member team, you will need to farm 15k kills, 2,5k for everyone. For that reason, using both methods will be very useful to not getting tired in the process. With 6 people (or consoles) you can boost all competitive modes. Nobody can joins while match have started so you won't get worry about randoms.

-Coop is not hard at all, maybe some trophies requires a few tries but nothing that cannot be done, even those who needs to be played on Crushing. These trophies will need some practice, however. They can be earned with 3 people, some of them with only two.

U3:

-Like U2, competitive matches will be a time consuming, but fortunately there's NOT a 2,5k kills, so you can relax on this one. Yeah, winning 50 times on almost every mode is required, but it can be boosted and almost all modes are pretty quickly. Another competitive medal trophies can be done in the process too. Maybe they can look too much trophies, but medals are easy to get. Unlike U2, U3 needs at least eight players to start a match, but hey! every player can use their second controller to fill a place, so it only needs 4 players with a second controller. However, a match have place for 10 players, and unlike u2 again, randoms can join the game when already started. And you CANNOT have a same console in both teams - player 1 on one, and 2 on another. So if you want to not get worried about randoms, you will need 6 players (4 of them with 2 controllers).

-Grab your pants because cooperative mode is the REALLY challenge for this one, there's a lot of trophies for doing on those modes so be patient and practice a lot because you will need it. Also get two more partners that have same patient and dedication because i'm not lying when i say that trophies like overseer and invincible are very difficult. But don't worry, they are very funny, at least for me. Also there's some coop medal relationated trophies that need to be grinded, i recommend to do these when you finish all coop campaign and arena trophies because can happen that you maybe could get them while playing.

-There's a new mode called "hunter arena" that is a fusion between coop and competitive. There are two trophies, two VERY PAINFUL trophies that have the worst RNG you will met. When you kill an enemy player, there's a chance to drop a "treasure". There are two long lists of treasures you need to collect, however... you can get the SAME TREASURE even when you already got it. Also, there's no way to get a specific treasure, so these trophies will be the most grinding for both games and maybe will be the last of your list. Fortunately they can be done with 2 people with 2 controllers.

In a conclusion i can say that i had a lot of fun playing this, that's because i've played with friends almost all nights and got very good memorable moments with them. Maybe doing competitive will be stressing, but taking breaks like playing a REAL competitive game between your boosting team for example, will do the things more easier and funny. Uncharted 2 has 10 years from now, so don't get surprised if Naughty Dog announces their server closure. You can grind this, or only wait to get the remastered collection and get the only-offline platinums... or get the most experience playing the online. Yeah, it will not be like when released, but better later than never.

PD: maybe you will find some typos or grammar errors, excuse me for that. I do not speak English in my country.

• Like 1

Just now, VoidVictorious said:

I am a little confused by this distinction, but all of the feedback is super helpful. Please keep it coming!

Uncharted 3 has DLC that lets you play the multiplayer in splitscreen. So for boosting this is pretty handy as it cuts down the number of consoles needed to boost stuff.

Means you can lock down a lobby with 6 consoles and 10 controllers, instead of needing 10 consoles and 10 controllers. The splitscreen is also handy for the treasure hunting, as you can play hunter arena which is a 2vs2 mode with just two consoles. So if you have two consoles yourself and four controllers, you can do the treasure farming (which may account to 30-200 hours of your 100% time depending on RNG) by yourself.