Online for Uncharted 2 and 3 (Feedback needed)

Uncharted 2 Online:    4 / 10 Difficulty

Relatively easy if you boost, just time consuming.  You need a minimum of 6 people to start a competitive online match, or more to prevent randoms from joining. The closest thing to a challenge will be the cooperative online campaign, which is your team vs the CPU in an online story mode. It might be possible to do solo, but you'll really want a team. This isn't too bad, but semi challenging enough that I'll give a 4 / 10 difficulty. 

Uncharted 3 Online:    7 / 10 Difficulty

This one is much harder.  There's a bunch of grind trophies to boost, as you need to play a ton of online modes, which can hold up to 10 players. Randoms are more common here too, since the game has a free MP download version. The nice part is one person can be two people with split screen, similar to Twisted Metal which I see you've done.  However, there are also a ton of cooperative modes that are brutal and will absolutely require a team of (three) equally skilled players to finish.  Specifically, "Overseer" (and Statuesque) require you beat a coop map while preventing any of the onslaught of enemies from shooting a statue with an RPG, meaning you gotta kill enemies from about 15+ locations within seconds of them showing up.  There's also "Omnipotent" and related trophies, which can be pretty challenging since it also requires that nobody in your team dies. Finally, there's "Triumvirate" and some other online story trophies giving you a specific task. These are nowhere near as bad as the other two I mentioned, but still requires you have good coordination and decent skill.  In addition to these, there's the infamous treasure trophies, "Hoarder" and "Collector" that require you to collect treasures (about 50 altogether) that randomly drop from various online modes and is EXTREMELY rng luck based.  I've heard of people trying for a year and still not getting lucky.

Edited by B1rvine

As I did both of these 100% last spring, it's still somewhat remotely fresh in my mind. Obviously, like a ton of others have already said, UC2 is many times easier in comparison to UC3, and it's not to say UC2 isn't somewhat tough already, just comparing to other challenging games here is all. A good starting point for you would be is not to think of it as a 2 game commitment. If you are really uncertain of what to do, start at out with 100%ing Uncharted 2. If this game strains you a lot, then do yourself a favor and pass on 3. 3 is simply harder in every way you look at it, especially grinding those Co-op adventure maps for treasures, and the treasures in general. Not to mention Overseer, which was a total bitch. Winning a collective of 250 matches as well. It's all terrible, but extremely rewarding. By far one of my proudest achievements, and so many others like me who got 100%. My biggest incentive in starting the journey to 100% was the sudden realization that these games could go offline any time in the foreseeable future. Given how first party games always seem to go offline sooner (looking at you Resistance franchise, Motorstorm, Killzone 2 and 3) I can't imagine Uncharted 2 and 3 staying alive much longer. I'd say the latest they'll still be alive is before the release of the PS5. Hopefully this helped you a just a little bit more. 

18 hours ago, Solid-Fisch said:

I can actually speak for Uncharted 3, which I'm currently playing.

How bad it is? Baaaad. In a scale from 1-10, when 1 is super easy and 10 as good as impossible, it's an 8. At least! Not only does it takes tons of hours but also simply... luck. In case of the treasures: They drop randomly, I know people that played over 30 hours just for especially one treasure to drop. Then there is the overseer trophy... You. wont. make. it. without. a. super. team. Believe me. For most of the other trophys, which are super grindy as well, you also need good people and if best a group of 10 people, so no randoms can destroy your boosting sessions. 

So here is my clear advice: I've just watched your profile: every game 100%. So, you don't wanna go for this game. Yup, you don't. Listen to your uncle Solid-Fisch. You don't.

If you wanna enjoy the Uncharted series ---> go for the remastered versions on PS4. They don't have the multiplayer anymore.

Right. If you are trophy hunter dont play these games. Trophies are hard

I ask friends lets play this game (not only UC2/3). Often i get answer: The game is cool but i am afraid i will not get 100% trophies so i will not buy this game:) 

People you refuse to play funny games cause these games are hard. You waste your time and money playing boring easy games to get a lot of trophies. Why? 

Edited by IoIly

26 minutes ago, IoIly said:

I ask friends lets play this game (not only UC2/3). Often i get answer: The game is cool but i am afraid i will not get 100% trophies so i will not buy this game:) 

People you refuse to play funny games cause these games are hard. You waste your time and money playing boring easy games to get a lot of trophies. Why? 

Beside the fact that I'm not even sure what you want from me, I ask you: Did you even take a look at my profile before commenting this BS? I played quite a lot of hard games and got the platinum or 100%. Take for example Hustle Kings, I'm one of maybe 20 people worldwide that got the 100%. And I'm also trying to get 100% in Uncharted 3 too. So... what do you want from me? VoidVictorious asked for opinion, so I gave him mine.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Solid-Fisch said:

Beside the fact that I'm not even sure what you want from me, I ask you: Did you even take a look at my profile before commenting this BS? I played quite a lot of hard games and got the platinum or 100%. Take for example Hustle Kings, I'm one of maybe 20 people worldwide that got the 100%. And I'm also trying to get 100% in Uncharted 3 too. So... what do you want from me? VoidVictorious asked for opinion, so I gave him mine.

Yeah, I must back you up Solid. Everyone, including Solid, in this chat has been positively wonderful about giving their opinions. Please don’t start arguments Lolly. If you have feedback regarding the game please feel free to share it, but please don’t attack the people that have written thoughtful opinions.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Solid-Fisch said:

You gave advice dont play this game. And i answered not to you only but to all "100%" trophy hunters

19 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

Yeah, I must back you up Solid. Everyone, including Solid, in this chat has been positively wonderful about giving their opinions. Please don’t start arguments Lolly. If you have feedback regarding the game please feel free to share it, but please don’t attack the people that have written thoughtful opinions.

I gave my feedback: This game is very cool. PLAY IT. I dont attack nobody

Edited by IoIly

18 minutes ago, IoIly said:

You gave advice dont play this game. And i answered not to you only but to all "100%" trophy hunters

I gave my feedback: This game is very cool. PLAY IT. I dont attack nobody

This topic is reserved for opinions about the online trophies for this game and its sequel. 

1 hour ago, IoIly said:

The entire last paragraph of that quote is an over generalization and in my view doesn’t add anything helpful. Your opinion is welcome, but please be nice and stay on topic.

—————

4 minutes ago, SirPigFace said:

at this point I would just buy the remastered versions and skip all the online hassle.

It is tempting, but if this is doable and made easier by the fact that I have three consoles, I don’t want to take the easy way out. Thanks for the opinion, I appreciate it and please keep them coming. All of this is helpful!!

Edited by VoidVictorious
Making sure posters aren’t confused as to who I was referring to.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

I do have two consoles, so does that change anybody’s opinion about the difficulty for me?

as far as multiple consoles you will be busy...there is an idle kick timeout and you will occasionally need to be active with all controllers for some trophies if boosting...i have 3 consoles but only used one with a turbo controller as my split screen (for treasure hunting and some kill-related ones)...the rest I did with just one account...

remember back in the day when multiplayer was free, microtransactions didn't exist, and you could unlock everything simply by playing the game?...well, not sure how active the servers currently are but the uncharted games fall into these categories and did mp right imo...epic stuff...highly recommended...the co-op in particular was awesome for both games...i also really like the plunder mode...

if you want 100%, it is totally boostable but can be quite time consuming and can require co-ordinating large groups at times...this is also dependent on your skill buildup, teammates' competency, and how much you will enjoy the game...i'd say go for it and don't stress too much about the trophies...the only thing I remember being annoying were the final few treasures in uncharted 3...4 words of advice...hunter...arena...split...screen...haha...enjoy...

I think you should go for the remastered versions. I got 100% in U3 too and although it was pretty fun due to the fact we had a great boosting group of 10 people, I would chose the remastered version if I could chose again now. If you want challenging games on your profile, there are plenty of others. It’s a dead online game with RNG and the Overseer trophy, as mentioned, is really tough without a good team. Plus it takes around 200 hours. Avoid the hassle, get the remasters.

• Like 1

No  offense to anyone in here that got 100 % on both games  like me, but stop telling this guy that U3 is "FUN" . Treasures  are soulbreaking , last treasure took me One month . It was Ottoman Bracelet . On Chateau arena spawn trap method . Thats PURE RNG and fev people mentioned Remasters which have Brutal difficulty  if You want challenge 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

I think you should go for the remastered versions. I got 100% in U3 too and although it was pretty fun due to the fact we had a great boosting group of 10 people, I would chose the remastered version if I could chose again now. If you want challenging games on your profile, there are plenty of others. It’s a dead online game with RNG and the Overseer trophy, as mentioned, is really tough without a good team. Plus it takes around 200 hours. Avoid the hassle, get the remasters.

Do you think the community is strong enough for a boost? That is one of my biggest concerns. Any tips as well about organizing a good session in general. Please also keep the feedback coming on the online in general as well! Thanks!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, B1rvine said:

Not much. See my previous response. Mainly because you need 6 - 10 players for competitive game types and you actually need partners in the coop modes (and you wouldn’t easily control three at once.)

Would you have any tips on organizing a boost in terms of such a large party? Also, please keep the feedback coming regarding the online with as many details possible.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

Would you have any tips on organizing a boost in terms of such a large party? Also, please keep the feedback coming regarding the online with as many details possible.

I think you'll be able to get the competitive MP trophies in U2 and U3 done by just actively making gaming sessions on this site and keeping scheduled groups going. The Uncharted games are popular enough that you should be able to get people to boost the competitive modes in both games without too many issues.

When it comes to the co-op, you'd ideally want a few dedicated people as the co-op treasures and misc. trophies in 3 can take something like 10-50 hours depending on how smoothly it goes. Once again, recruiting via gaming sessions here is probably your best bet.

Also, the nice thing about both games is that you can kind of work on several things at once, minimising your downtime. In U2 you can play deathmatch solo to get kills while there's no sessions going and in Uncharted 3 you can grind the treasures (with two consoles) if there's ever downtime with competitive or co-op.

29 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

I think you'll be able to get the competitive MP trophies in U2 and U3 done by just actively making gaming sessions on this site and keeping scheduled groups going. The Uncharted games are popular enough that you should be able to get people to boost the competitive modes in both games without too many issues.

When it comes to the co-op, you'd ideally want a few dedicated people as the co-op treasures and misc. trophies in 3 can take something like 10-50 hours depending on how smoothly it goes. Once again, recruiting via gaming sessions here is probably your best bet.

Also, the nice thing about both games is that you can kind of work on several things at once, minimising your downtime. In U2 you can play deathmatch solo to get kills while there's no sessions going and in Uncharted 3 you can grind the treasures (with two consoles) if there's ever downtime with competitive or co-op.

Do you need to complete the game first or can you jump straight to online?

• Like 1

Regarding Uncharted 2, if you can get a reliable boosting group of 6 people (4 people must have two controllers) if possible, you can get most of the trophies while boosting for the 2500 kills on deathmatch, 50 wins on elimination can be done quickly by having the team set to lose to suicide. The other trophies can be done on deathmatch. For co-op trophies and wave 10 trophies you need 3 people.

Uncharted 3 is different story, while many trophies can be done with as few as 3 people, sometimes with two controllers and for competitive wins you need at least 6 real people as well (two controllers); getting some co-op trophies are a pain in the rear, "Overseer" takes the cake by far. However, just like with Uncharted 2, you can get the 100% with a reliable group.

I boosted Uncharted 2 with two different groups of people. I boosted Uncharted 3 wins with one of those groups of people, and the other trophies with some people of that group and with several different individuals. Both 100%s are totally doable, just try to get at least 3 or 4 commited people with two controllers, work first on what you can and when you get enough people, go for the trophies that requiere a full lobby to be efficient. The games have p2p servers if I recall correctly, and there are still a lot of people playing the mp, so chances are that the mp will still be up for a long while.

1 hour ago, Deceptrox said:

Regarding Uncharted 2, if you can get a reliable boosting group of 6 people (4 people must have two controllers) if possible, you can get most of the trophies while boosting for the 2500 kills on deathmatch, 50 wins on elimination can be done quickly by having the team set to lose to suicide. The other trophies can be done on deathmatch. For co-op trophies and wave 10 trophies you need 3 people.

Uncharted 3 is different story, while many trophies can be done with as few as 3 people, sometimes with two controllers and for competitive wins you need at least 6 real people as well (two controllers); getting some co-op trophies are a pain in the rear, "Overseer" takes the cake by far. However, just like with Uncharted 2, you can get the 100% with a reliable group.

I boosted Uncharted 2 with two different groups of people. I boosted Uncharted 3 wins with one of those groups of people, and the other trophies with some people of that group and with several different individuals. Both 100%s are totally doable, just try to get at least 3 or 4 commited people with two controllers, work first on what you can and when you get enough people, go for the trophies that requiere a full lobby to be efficient. The games have p2p servers if I recall correctly, and there are still a lot of people playing the mp, so chances are that the mp will still be up for a long while.

Thank you for the very thoughtful post! Please any feedback is good feedback regarding these beasts. I really want to do them, so encouragement is awesome to see, but it is also great to see that comments are balanced.

• Like 1