Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SnowbellKitty

Free roaming and Novice difficulty questions:

5 posts in this topic

Oh my lanta, this game is fantastic! I just got it, even though I'm in the process of saying goodbye to the PS3 soon (and finally get me a PS4), and it was so much fun, despite the constant sense of dread (yes, it's there, even if some people say they didn't feel it). Even in the early moments of the game I was already creeped out (lol) because... SPOILER ALERT.................... I didn't know I wasn't yet in real danger, which only really is true once Axel dies. The Alien got me in chapter 3's ending portion because I took too long to get the transit system working. This title is so cool that I'll definitely get the PS4 version too. The ending is awful though, but the fearful journey is great.

Anyway, I've beaten the game and got the Survivor trophy. My questions are:

1- Can the One Shot trophy be unlocked in Novice difficulty, or are we forced to make it through the Easy mode?;

2- Does difficulty affect the Alien? (except for the persistent fact that it still can't spot you or you're dead);

3- The collectibles are a pain to collect, specially with one or more Aliens always on your tail. PS4Trophies on YouTube says we can free roam everywhere by reloading either missions 16 or 17, but that doesn't solve the Alien problem.

We get the gas mask in mission 13. Is it possible to access the rapid transit stations in mission 13 or even mission 14 before doing the underground Alien nest part?

Edited by ShepardNMDY

To answer your questions 

1. Yes you can get all trophies minus hard by playing on easy. You could technically get the plat in the 1 playthrough by just farming human kills using a level save once the game is completed

2. I'm under the impression that the easier difficulty does sort of make the xeno more docile in some respect but still be wary

3. Once you have all the relevant door opening tools and gas mask you can go to any part of the station but the levels after the reactor are preffered although they can still trigger the xeno to appear 

Thanks. I was able to collect all IDs and most of them without the worrying over the xenomorph (missions 11 free roam). Some where gotten by reloading missions where it is active, like mission 5 and 17, the latter in particular is a nightmare, ugh! I know I won't have the same peace when going for the last eight Nostromo logs I still need.

After that, it's the One-shot run left.

Update: all done.

Edited by ShepardNMDY

Is this true that the game is buggy on Novice difficulty mode?

On 1/19/2019 at 6:42 AM, IoIly said:

Do not play dlc difficulty modes. It is bugged