A Race Against The Clock: Twisted Metal

Ghanupher

Hello everyone. So I bought Twisted Metal today and yes I know servers will shut down by the end of January. The question obviously arises: is it even worth the try to get the online trophies for this game or should I let it collect dust on my shelf?

I also know that first of all I should focus on getting through the Single Player campaign on the hardest difficulty, which is unforgiving without a known glitch to get infinite ammo, so then I unlock the final car, that is crucial to get one of the online trophies. And I'm also aware that the servers are crappy as hell, so I will expect to have a harder time with them, given that I also have a poor internet connection.

So, in other words, should I go "all in" with this or shouldn't even bother? If yes, any word of advice/heads up/guide I should follow?

I got a little experience with this kind of ordeals since I did the Valor Grand Cross trophy of Killzone 2 in just 3 days, but you may say that it's not even comparable.

Ok then, let's hear you out.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers.

You can do it if you find the people for it. Campaign takes about 5h using the glitch and the online will take about 12 active hours, give or take, ignoring all the time you will be AFK for your partners, considering you would be boosting with players, rather than using extra consoles. You can find several tips on the other threads, recommend giving them a read.

Edited by TheYuriG

15 minutes ago, Hoagie324 said:

I wouldn’t start at this point, there’s a trophy for logging in and winning a ranked game for 30 days straight. (The trophy is a bronze, called “All Sales Are Final”) If you didn’t start that trophy at the beginning of the month, the platinum will be impossible to earn.

You are able to advance the date on your console and do it within 1 day real time. 

• Like 1

Scratch that on my previous comment as people said- I didn’t know you could advance your time like that. Thanks for the correction, @TheYuriG. It wasn’t any intention of mine to mislead, I was just attempting to be helpful based off of reading the trophy descriptions.

I’m tempted to pick up the game and finish it out, I played the hell out of it anytime I went over to my friend’s house and absolutely love the series. I just don’t have the time that I used to ?

Edited by Hoagie324

Well, thank you all for the replies. Will gather some courage (and a few boosting partners) and commit to it.

Another question I have is this: my copy of the game, which is new, didn't come with an online pass code. Does that mean my only choice here is to buy the digital version of the game to play online?

Again, thanks in advance.

18 hours ago, DuplexGemini said:

I’m all for boosting as I’m gonna try get as many online trophies before the shutdown. I won’t be bummed out if I don’t get them all but it’ll be cool to try for it. I just need boosting partners 

Im boosting all day with another friend of mine, have sent you a msg on psn, get in contact w me asap so we can get this going.

PSN : Shardzard