Aqua - MF - CM (Level 70) : (

I'll just leave this here in hopes that one day somebody will find a cheese for this or pass on advice that works for me.

Platinum is suspended indefinitely because I can't last more that 30 seconds against this guy. I've tried:

1. Thunder Surge/Cure/TS/C/TS/C/TS/C - no dice

2. TS x 7 / C - No dice

3. 8 x C - No dice

4. Counter attacking with firewheel and then using a cure - Nope

5. Using renewal barrier to block attacks - dead

6. Using regular cartwheel and just jumping around - Doesn't matter get hit. Invincibility frames my @ss

7. Lightning ray / Ragnarok - No luck, never have time to use them

Most of the time im lucky to even get one health bar down. The tornado attack even though it's telegraphed hits me every time because it's too fast and i cant stay locked onto the guy because again, he moves too fast, and despite having all my treasure magnets i usually get hit before I can recover any of my cures

The doom whip sometimes he does three in a row right away so im dead there.

Cant dodge the ball laser things.

The clones just face ^%#$ me until I get stunned and then he kills me.

As I understand it, getting to 99 is pointless, and so is starting over on beginner because apparently its just as hard even on easy.

I've reached my limit, I've watched videos, ive scoured the internet far and wide, and nothing I try has any real effect in this fight. I fancy myself a decent gamer, but I guess my brain just can't grasp this one.

Somebody rescue me from my misery. I've made it my mission to find some cheese here, surely there is a way. 

I clicked on this hoping I could help - since I just recently got the platinum - but having all abilities and using 4 thunder surge and 4 cure worked for me. It still took a while, but I just had to practice knowing his moves, as well as getting lucky with which ones he used. Anyway, I am mainly replying so that I can try to help if I do find some easier method. I'll post it here if I find one, but this method is the best I could find that worked.

TL:DR

I'll try to see if I can find something, and post it here if I do. Don't get your hopes up though, seems like most people just use the thunder surge strat (#1) w/ regular cartwheel until it works. The only real tip I could give is to be aggressive with this strategy, as dragging out the fight makes it more likely that he will use one of his BS moves and kill you.

Hmmm...  I'd suggest try Barrier Surge instead of Thunder Surge (BS > Cura > BS > Cura and so on), Switch Firewheel with Cartwheel and Have Heal Strike as Finish Command. Less damage but more safer imo. 

Also do not use Shotlock or do not even bother countering after successful block. When hit, go to Cure/a asap(also get use to use R2 and L2)

Edited by JaM

Hopefully this might be of help, but apparently there is a thing where if you turn off all but the essential abilities, you can kind of manipulate the attacks that MF will do.  People on PST have reported it, and I'm not even sure if it's a placebo but it seemed to work for me with all 3 characters.

The only abilities I left on were HP Boost x3, Thunder Boost x3, Cure Boost x3, Attack Haste x5, Magic Haste x5, Reload Boost, Second Chance, Once More, Leaf Bracer, Scan

My deck was loaded with 4 Thunder Surge and 4 Curaga (I chose Curaga as it actually has the same reload speed as Cura) 

When I attempted him with Terra and Ventus, I never even saw the Doom attack.  I only saw it with Aqua because I left some extra commands on.  Also make sure you're not just mashing square to cartwheel otherwise you won't get the invincibility frames, you need to time your press of square so that she moves between each cartwheel fluidly.  Also, make sure you're using regular cartwheel as you don't get the invincibility frames with the upgraded elemental version

Have you beaten No Heart and Armor of Eraqus yet?  If not then I recommend doing that first for the Royal Radiance keyblade

Edited by Mesopithecus
  • Like 2

It's not a placebo. It is the key for beating him without effort :)

Do this:

- Unequip any upgraded action commands (Thunder Roll, Ice slide, fireglide etc.)
- Turn off all your abilities except Cure Boost, Thunder Boost, Attack Haste, Magic Haste, Reload Boost, Second Chance, Once More, Scan, Leaf Bracer

The battle drastically changed, he was much less aggressive and never used some of his worst attacks. At least this is what happened to me on easy difficulty. I felt so relieved

3 hours ago, Miticogialdo said:

It's not a placebo. It is the key for beating him without effort :)

Do this:

- Unequip any upgraded action commands (Thunder Roll, Ice slide, fireglide etc.)
- Turn off all your abilities except Cure Boost, Thunder Boost, Attack Haste, Magic Haste, Reload Boost, Second Chance, Once More, Scan, Leaf Bracer

The battle drastically changed, he was much less aggressive and never used some of his worst attacks. At least this is what happened to me on easy difficulty. I felt so relieved

Being less aggressive would be nice, I think I tried this already, but I'll mess with it a bit today... I was thinking this morning that the easiest way would be to have a turbo controller and just stand in the corner waiting for a long hit combo as im always able to fire cartwheel after that and then cure. The problem i always have is that i guess im not pushing triangle fast enough because theoretically with leaf bracer cure spells cannot be interrupted, but i usually get blasted by the wind attack before I can unload a cure.

Anybody tried this?

FYI, if you think it is hard with Aqua, you will find it impossible with Terra. With Aqua and Ventus i had more wins than loses against him (4-3). Terra took me 20+ tries on ps3 and a few on ps4 (i think MF is nerfed on ps4). Just make sure you are using Cartwheel or Dodge Roll because the other ones with the elements (for example Firewheel)  don't give you invincibility frames

• Like 1

turn off all abilities except:- Cure Boost, Thunder Boost, Attack Haste, Magic Haste, Reload Boost, Second Chance, Once More, Scan, Leaf Bracer

use regular cartwheel, equip commands 4x thundersurge 4x curaga, alternate them in your list, thunder/curaga/thunder/curaga/thunder/curaga/thunder/curaga.

keep spamming cartwheel until you see an opening for example thundersurge through his flame cross slash to get a hit in or another one just as or after he uses tornado, if he hits you switch straight to curaga using your R2, L2 buttons and get ready to use, when he goes invisible try to keep track of him(not hard has glowing lightsabres) continually dodge usually after he finishes his long string combo you can get another surge in, rinse and repeat you should easily down him, you will get it eventually, although you are in for a world of pain when you come to doing terra his dodge is actually horrible, so you will need to learn to read each of the moves properly. 

Edited by ToXicChaoS87
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, phoenix_shade said:

I think the first thing is figuring out the timing on cartwheel, still I am curious about trying the turbo method.

I literally just spammed square and had no problems dowing MF first time with aqua, Terra though took multiple frustrating attempts :/

hmm yh this is strange just tried again spamming square is working, but i did notice if im near the wall/edge of battle area doesnt matter if im spamming or trying to time the cartwheels he seems to hit me, on top of that if im near the wall when he hits it results in a one hit kill even with once more/second chance equipped, 

• 1 month later...

I beated it yesterday with Aqua CM at level 48. One of the many tries got him to 1 hit but decided to make the countdown attack for the 3rd time..

What I did (aside from all that is been said like unequip abilities and stuff) is being far more aggresive, you have to learn when he is open to make in thunder surges: Red X attack (in this one he takes the most damage), Cyclone charging, Blue wip (when he is falling), and also Raging Storm (yes you can go intact with a pair of thunder surges and hurt him while doing so).

Spamm square as well, its what worked for me. This battle and most of the endgame battles are just bad design, but this one is the worst, if you ever let your finger out of the square you are dead.

Edited by BlackTorito
Formatting

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...