Hardest PS Vita game you have played?

GetMitched

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hardest game on the Vita? Not Sine Mora. Earth Defense Force 2.

Yes, it's not that extremely hard to plat, just long. And not a extremely rare plat. But if you can plat it OFFLINE and with less than 10.000 armor on each of the 3 classes you can claim the title of one of the best, if not the best tactical FPS player on the planet. Hell, you'll be one the best players on the planet, all included. Yes you can farm all the armor you feel like, with 50.000 the game is reasonable even alone. But if you can meet the specs I quoted, which is still more than the normal armor you would reach if you played the whole game, you'll be the only one on the planet that has done it as I'm 99.999999999% sure all japanese and western platinum holders got it by playing online, something that is quite easy to check. Yep, ZERO players did it. And there's always utterly pro japanese players on games from this series. All other EDF games can be done offline, just this one is the true definition of extremely hard. There's around 10 missions from the total 78, that on inferno are extremely hard, with one in particular generally considered impossible to do alone with low armor (77). Online is still hard as servers are unreliable and you need good partners. And last mission will take more than 30 minutes, it's not easy to get everything going fine for such a long period.

Another extremely hard game is Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz. Two of the trophies, Super Monkey Master and  Motion Simian are extremely hard to get.I honestly can't grasp some of the plat times of this one. Try it and you'll see why, there's almost zero tolerance for errors and achieving all levels with motion sensor, something that like touch is notoriously unreliable on the Vita... Good luck.

Edited by cris3f

• 1 month later...

The Firefly diaries. Especially when you are navigating the firefly through those mazes where a single mistake means you have to restart the entire stage because a trophy requires you to get a perfect run. Then there was the final maze part near the end of the game that was too damn difficult with the Vita controls, since you need both speed and precision to pass through it. Imagine my fury when I finally navigated my way out after more than an hour of trying but then there was another puzzle to go through before reaching the checkpoint and I died?.

The "Are you just Naturally lucky?" trophy was a pain too. The recommended method on the guide is to actually use a video recording software due to how fast it got near the end. I somehow lucked out and got the trophy without any external help though?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Super Meat Boy is the only real choice of everything I've played. I have a lot of experience with it on PC as well so I had a good headstart, but I'm still capping out at 106% with the first half dozen or so no-death runs. Anything beyond where I've got to just goes beyond my skill. It's the one thing I'm almost certain I'll never achieve out of all the games I've played on Vita.

There's a few other tough trophies I haven't gotten yet which I know are going to be a pain in the ass (Iconoclasts' challenge run, THAT ONE MAZE in htoL#NiQ, Spelunky speedrun, the 4* SteamWorld Dig run), and a few others which I feel I can get eventually but haven't yet pulled off (Downwell's Hardmode Boss which I've reached a few times but not yet beaten, a Hell run in Spelunky, the last few goddamn Platinum rankings in Don't Die, Mr Robot!, Shovel Knight's speedruns) but nothing compares to SMB.

All these posts about Muramasa Rebirth make me sad. It's tough but god damn it's the most satisfying game on the Vita to beat. I love that game and the fact it has Fury mode so much, and being able to beat everything with 1hp makes you feel so good.

• Like 2