Tips for Birds of Prey trophy

Updating: alright, I hadn't found about the Campaign Assault Record, so I never actually bothered to see how to spawn the named aces. So far, here is what I managed to spawn:

- Mig 29 Jester: spawned him in Mission 2. After taking down the base, when the MQ-99 arrive, Jester will be taking off from the runway. Plenty of time to take him out, though I don't know what makes him spawn (if anyone could provide his Campaign Assault Record entry, that would be nice, as I never read it).

- Typhoon Faucon: spawns in Mission 7. Again, no idea about his record entry, what I did was destroying everything except one XSAM, namely the most northeastern one. He then spawned, took him down, then moved on. Make sure to take him down BEFORE Cyclops and Strider arrive in the MO, or he'll disappear.

- F-15E Gazelle: this time I read the record first. Spawns in Mission 8. It's a bit tricky, as you have to blow up every oil tank on the map before the sandstorm arrives. Personal advice: use missiles, not bombs. Blowing up one tank with a missile will blow up everything nearby, saving you some time, for some reason bombs don't seems to do the same (plus missiles are faster). I did this on NG+ with the Su-47. Gazelle will spawn together with the MQ-99 during the second part of the mission, just fly above the sandstorm and push triangle until you see him as the locked-on target.

- F/A-18F Spider: Spawns in Mission 9. Just blow up stuff until he spawns, about middle of the map. Be careful, since he has no trouble flying over the clouds, and will often do that.

Will try to keep you updated.

Edited by Falken-N7

From: https://www.reddit.com/r/acecombat/comments/ahobu1/campaign_medals_megathread_post_here_for_any/

Mission 01: MiG-21 - Pyro. Destroy the third wave of enemies with any XAAM. PYRO spawns in the northwest at the same time as the fourth wave of bombers.

Mission 02: MiG-29 - Jester. After destroying all RADAR VEHICLEs, destroy the TGT-marked CTRL.TOWER before the UAVs spawn. JESTER spawns on a taxiway near the base after the UAVs spawn.

Mission 03: F-16C - Bayonet. Destroy all initial enemies in under 1 Minute and 30 seconds. LAAM weapons make this pretty easy. BAYONET spawns behind the Arsenal Bird.

Mission 04: F-15J - Ronin. Reach the space elevator while maintaining low altitude during the initial stage of the mission. RONIN spawns in the northeast.

Mission 05: F-15C - Fang. Take a certain amount of damage damage from enemy fire while your weapons are disabled. FANG spawns after shooting down the first three bombers.

Mission 6: F-14D Super Tomcat - Kitten. Fly through the tunnel in the westernmost base. KITTEN spawns in the west.

Mission 07 - Typhoon - Faucon. Destroy all non-targets (doesn't matter if you hit actual targets or not. Spawns just north of the centre of the map.

Mission 08 - F-15E - Gazelle. Destroy all oil tanks within the time limit. Barely scraped this using missiles, might be worth grabbing an aircraft with bombs for more AoE. Gazelle spawns top-centre of map behind the UAVs.

Mission 09 - FA-18F - Spider Take out at least half of the non-TGT enemies before destroying all RADAR TOWERs. SPIDER spawns in the east.

Mission 10 - GRIPEN E - Louveteau. Destroy the SAMs in a short amount of time. LOUVETEAU spawns with the three Mirage 2000-5s when they spawn in the east.

Mission 11 - Rafale M - Chasseur - Destroy all aircraft on the Northern Platform before they take off (note; this seems ambiguously worded - I missed a few on my first pass (4/6/8AAMs are your friend here) so I wonder if it's just the Su-33s and Rafale M's). Spawns slightly further North of the platform.

Su-33 - IBIS - Fly through the gap in one of the Northern platforms. Best advice is the western most one - some have things blocking the sides. Spawns to the east, not far from the fleet.

Mission 12 - There are THREE aces in this mission. SU-34 Fullback - Walrus - Don't let Stonehendge take any damage. Spawns in the North-East. Mirage 2000-5 - Foudre - Fly through the wreckage of one of the Stonehenge Railguns. A-10C Thunderbolt II - Buffle. Shoot down all enemy aircraft. Spawns in the west of the map, heading west, during the mission update where you have to choose to destroy rocket artillery or transport helicopters.

Mission 13 - MiG31. Destoty 5 silo in 5 minutes. He will swapn behind you. Make sure you use fastest plane with all speed upgrades. Otherwise you may not make it back to shot down the missile. (If you failed you have to redo the first part again. Restarting at checkpoint the MiG will not spawn)

Mission 14 - Su-47 Pass through canyon within 2mins I guess. I finished run in 1:34. The enemy ace spawns with squadron

Mission 15 - F-2 - Destroy the aegis defense on the land center of the map (a little bit west of the bay ) The aegis spwan with reinforcement. The F-2 will spawn with squadron at south.

Mission 16 - ?

Mission 17 - ?

Mission 18 - Clear the way to the castle asap(including shot down gripes) He will spawns at left side of the castle the same tunnel of sol squadron takes off.

Mission 19 - I can't really recall the details, just make sure you reach goal asap. Both Su-57 and F-22 will spawn on the map in first stage.

Mission 20 - Has no special skin.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

From: https://www.reddit.com/r/acecombat/comments/ahobu1/campaign_medals_megathread_post_here_for_any/

Mission 01: MiG-21 - Pyro. Destroy the third wave of enemies with any XAAM. PYRO spawns in the northwest at the same time as the fourth wave of bombers.

Mission 02: MiG-29 - Jester. After destroying all RADAR VEHICLEs, destroy the TGT-marked CTRL.TOWER before the UAVs spawn. JESTER spawns on a taxiway near the base after the UAVs spawn.

Mission 03: F-16C - Bayonet. Destroy all initial enemies in under 1 Minute and 30 seconds. LAAM weapons make this pretty easy. BAYONET spawns behind the Arsenal Bird.

Mission 04: F-15J - Ronin. Reach the space elevator while maintaining low altitude during the initial stage of the mission. RONIN spawns in the northeast.

Mission 05: F-15C - Fang. Take a certain amount of damage damage from enemy fire while your weapons are disabled. FANG spawns after shooting down the first three bombers.

Mission 6: F-14D Super Tomcat - Kitten. Fly through the tunnel in the westernmost base. KITTEN spawns in the west.

Mission 07 - Typhoon - Faucon. Destroy all non-targets (doesn't matter if you hit actual targets or not. Spawns just north of the centre of the map.

Mission 08 - F-15E - Gazelle. Destroy all oil tanks within the time limit. Barely scraped this using missiles, might be worth grabbing an aircraft with bombs for more AoE. Gazelle spawns top-centre of map behind the UAVs.

Mission 09 - FA-18F - Spider Take out at least half of the non-TGT enemies before destroying all RADAR TOWERs. SPIDER spawns in the east.

Mission 10 - GRIPEN E - Louveteau. Destroy the SAMs in a short amount of time. LOUVETEAU spawns with the three Mirage 2000-5s when they spawn in the east.

Mission 11 - Rafale M - Chasseur - Destroy all aircraft on the Northern Platform before they take off (note; this seems ambiguously worded - I missed a few on my first pass (4/6/8AAMs are your friend here) so I wonder if it's just the Su-33s and Rafale M's). Spawns slightly further North of the platform.

Su-33 - IBIS - Fly through the gap in one of the Northern platforms. Best advice is the western most one - some have things blocking the sides. Spawns to the east, not far from the fleet.

Mission 12 - There are THREE aces in this mission. SU-34 Fullback - Walrus - Don't let Stonehendge take any damage. Spawns in the North-East. Mirage 2000-5 - Foudre - Fly through the wreckage of one of the Stonehenge Railguns. A-10C Thunderbolt II - Buffle. Shoot down all enemy aircraft. Spawns in the west of the map, heading west, during the mission update where you have to choose to destroy rocket artillery or transport helicopters.

Mission 13 - MiG31. Destoty 5 silo in 5 minutes. He will swapn behind you. Make sure you use fastest plane with all speed upgrades. Otherwise you may not make it back to shot down the missile. (If you failed you have to redo the first part again. Restarting at checkpoint the MiG will not spawn)

Mission 14 - Su-47 Pass through canyon within 2mins I guess. I finished run in 1:34. The enemy ace spawns with squadron

Mission 15 - F-2 - Destroy the aegis defense on the land center of the map (a little bit west of the bay ) The aegis spwan with reinforcement. The F-2 will spawn with squadron at south.

Mission 16 - ?

Mission 17 - ?

Mission 18 - Clear the way to the castle asap(including shot down gripes) He will spawns at left side of the castle the same tunnel of sol squadron takes off.

Mission 19 - I can't really recall the details, just make sure you reach goal asap. Both Su-57 and F-22 will spawn on the map in first stage.

Mission 20 - Has no special skin.

Life-saver! Thanks :)

In regards to Mission 10's ace. The definition of "short amount of time" seems to be, at least from what I saw, before Bandog says "40 km remaining".

Edited by Falken-N7

I've got all the Aces up to mission 12 so far, except for mission 3. For mission 10, I've just destroyed every ground target that pops up as quickly as possible, flying the SU-57 with any aircraft parts that help increase speed and acceleration

Maybe I'm doing it wrong but do Aces spawn only in Ace mode? Haven't gotten them to spawn at all in easier modes 

21 minutes ago, XypherVG said:

I've got all the Aces up to mission 12 so far, except for mission 3. For mission 10, I've just destroyed every ground target that pops up as quickly as possible, flying the SU-57 with any aircraft parts that help increase speed and acceleration

Maybe I'm doing it wrong but do Aces spawn only in Ace mode? Haven't gotten them to spawn at all in easier modes 

How do you get the Rafale ace to spawn in mission 11? I never manage to destroy all planes in the platform before takeoff...any suggestions?

I used the Su-57 with 4AAM as secondary. The enemy aircraft takes off towards the east, so my first pass will be towards take off direction, targeting planes with the secondary weapon. 

There seems to be a bit of a glitch because on my first try, I let two F14s take off but I destroyed them as they become airborne, the ace will still spawn. Two IL-76 will take off but after all the fighters have been destroyed and the ace still spawns, so I dont think those transports are required to be taken down for the ace to spawn.

After destroying the aircraft,  the named ace will appear close by to the tower towards the west/south western direction flying towards to tower.

One that ace is taken down, I return to base and switch weapons to pulse lasers to make the mission easier 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hayke7 said:

Doesnt seem like I'm able to get Kitten to spawn. Been flying through that tunnel no problem and nothing happens. Ah well will play through this game several times so will have to pick that one up later

Check your difficulty? I've read on reddit that aces spawn on normal and above but I've been playing on Ace Difficulty so far...

7 hours ago, Hayke7 said:

Doesnt seem like I'm able to get Kitten to spawn. Been flying through that tunnel no problem and nothing happens. Ah well will play through this game several times so will have to pick that one up later

Aces spawn on Normal Difficulty and above. On easy it is recommended if your going for specific campaign medals.

4 hours ago, XypherVG said:

Check your difficulty? I've read on reddit that aces spawn on normal and above but I've been playing on Ace Difficulty so far...

4 hours ago, Proassassin931 said:

Aces spawn on Normal Difficulty and above. On easy it is recommended if your going for specific campaign medals.

99% sure that I'm on normal difficulty so will have to check when I get the chance

On 21/1/2019 at 0:06 PM, XypherVG said:

I used the Su-57 with 4AAM as secondary. The enemy aircraft takes off towards the east, so my first pass will be towards take off direction, targeting planes with the secondary weapon. 

There seems to be a bit of a glitch because on my first try, I let two F14s take off but I destroyed them as they become airborne, the ace will still spawn. Two IL-76 will take off but after all the fighters have been destroyed and the ace still spawns, so I dont think those transports are required to be taken down for the ace to spawn.

After destroying the aircraft,  the named ace will appear close by to the tower towards the west/south western direction flying towards to tower.

One that ace is taken down, I return to base and switch weapons to pulse lasers to make the mission easier 

Thanks, Su-57 and 4AAM worked like a charm! Though I had to down every fighter before he spawned (only one F14 escaped the 4AAMs, so it was a quick cleanup).

• Like 1

Can't seem to get BAYONET to spawn even for some reason, on normal and on Ace. I sure as hell hope it's not a glitch

Edit: I got him to spawn. But whoever says you've gotta down the first few F16s and F4s in 1.5 minutes, that might not be right. Shot everyone down in less than 1 min, and he spawns 

Edited by XypherVG

5 hours ago, XypherVG said:

Can't seem to get BAYONET to spawn even for some reason, on normal and on Ace. I sure as hell hope it's not a glitch

Edit: I got him to spawn. But whoever says you've gotta down the first few F16s and F4s in 1.5 minutes, that might not be right. Shot everyone down in less than 1 min, and he spawns 

I've managed to spawn it just now and the time left I had was 18:47 so the 1,5 minutes mark may be correct. The 2 minutes indicated in the wiki definitely are not though, as it never spawned when it took me more than 1,5 mins.

EDIT: nevermind, they fixed it already ;)

Edited by Falken-N7

23 minutes ago, Falken-N7 said:

I've managed to spawn it just now and the time left I had was 18:47 so the 1,5 minutes mark may be correct. The 2 minutes indicated in the wiki definitely are not though, as it never spawned when it took me more than 1,5 mins.

EDIT: nevermind, they fixed it already ;)

Interesting. A glitch on my side probably. Another factor could be the requirements to shoot down all aircraft within the time limit, but towards the end of the formation on the right side, you see a F-16 getting shot down by your AI allies. Maybe you need to shoot down all enemy aircraft yourself?

1 hour ago, XypherVG said:

Interesting. A glitch on my side probably. Another factor could be the requirements to shoot down all aircraft within the time limit, but towards the end of the formation on the right side, you see a F-16 getting shot down by your AI allies. Maybe you need to shoot down all enemy aircraft yourself?

I'm fairly sure one aircraft was shot down by one of my allies when I spawned Bayonet, as I had three remaining, then all of a sudden I heard Sky Keeper saying "only two remaining". But I may be very well wrong... might be worth investigating more.

While we're at it, the next one on my hit list is the ace from the mission "444"; wiki got corrected today and says you need 50% damage to make him spawn, while it used to say 75%, can anyone confirm the damage needed?

EDIT: I had 70% damage and the ace spawned, so 51% seems to be the correct guess between the two.

Edited by Falken-N7

29 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

need to do this in one walkthrough or i can kill few on easy,few on hard..?

After u finish the campaign once on any difficulty u can do free mission and get take them out in any order u like. to get them to spawn u have to do free missions in at least on NORMAL and above difficulty. Also if u restart the campaign on NORMAL difficulty and above u can get them to spawn after u fulfill the requirements for them to appear.

On 31/1/2019 at 7:08 AM, pavelbagirov said:

need to do this in one walkthrough or i can kill few on easy,few on hard..?

You don't have to take them all out in one single playthrough, you can also use free missions to get the ones you've missed during the campaign. They do not spawn on Easy though.