Favorite "soulslike" game?

SleightRocket

Bloodborne - I love the gothic victorian aesthetic of the game as well as the lore, which draws on Lovecraft. The combat is also a lot more suitable to my play style as I don't use shields and play pretty aggressively. I love the trick weapons and all the cool things you can do with them. I also didn't find any of the boss fights particularly terrible. Soundtrack is solid, but I wouldn't say the best in the series overall. The Old Hunters DLC is amazing and some of the best DLC I've ever played. The only real issue I have with this game are the labyrinth dungeons, which do feel lacklustre in some aspects.

Nioh is the souls-like game I enjoy the most for its combat. It feels fast and frantic and I found myself experimenting with a lot of different builds, which I don't find myself doing as often with From Software titles. Overall, I'd say this series has a lot of room for improvement, so I still wouldn't put it above From Software's titles aside from DSII, which wasn't too bad in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Nioh was as close to the Souls games as it comes for me. The setting in feudal Japan with samurai swordplay was more to my liking than the more medieval Souls games. 

Can't wait for Sekiro:Shadows Die Twice!

demon souls is the 1st one I played

dark souls is my fav, that game made me give up when it first came out. Then went back to it two years later

Then I got gud and learned the ways of stunning enemies and my bro onion knight always needs my help :)

I started playing nioh 3 weeks ago, it's damn good too, already have180 hours in it

Edited by Galactic Hyper Balls
  • Like 1

Ive only played Dark Souls 3, Bloodborne, and Nioh. Bloodborne is my favorite game this gen though DS3 isnt terribly far behind. And i would choose DS3 over Bloodborne for PvP. Did not like Nioh much at all and probably wont pick up its sequel.

Am looking forward to Code Vein and Sekiro. Particularly Anime Souls. Hope its delay was worth it.

I like Demon's Souls the most as some bosses were huge badasses but looked terrifyingly good.

I'm happy that Bloodborne on the other hand is much easier in many parts.

I only played a bit of Dark Souls so far but its open world and less healing items among other make it too hard in my eyes compared to Demon's Souls

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Neme-ita said:

Demon's Souls when all the magic start

Bloodborne 

Dark souls

Dark souls III

Dark Souls II

12 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I like Demon's Souls the most as some bosses were huge badasses but looked terrifyingly good.

I'm happy that Bloodborne on the other hand is much easier in many parts.

I only played a bit of Dark Souls so far but its open world and less healing items among other make it too hard in my eyes compared to Demon's Souls

Demon's Souls - I have platted the whole series but nothing compares to the very first time.

Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne round out my top 3.?

• Like 2

Nothing like the souls games but I will say the grand dad to all this was king's field I love them games. too bad from soft seem to just make dark soul clones or another dark souls while leaving armoured core or king's field to die in space. Even though it is out of the subject I love king's field and demon souls

• Like 2