Favorite "soulslike" game?

SleightRocket

16 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

Nothing like the souls games but I will say the grand dad to all this was king's field I love them games. too bad from soft seem to just make dark soul clones or another dark souls while leaving armoured core or king's field to die in space. Even though it is out of the subject I love king's field and demon souls

King's Field 1 and 2 turned me on to From games. King's Field with today's technology would be amazing!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sagaan said:

Bloodborne is the worst game of the soulseries cuz of the emo wannabe gothic setting, my favorite are nioh is first , second dark souls 1, third dark souls 3

Bloodborne is the only Souls game by From that doesn’t have a Gothic setting.

If we include the original Soulsborne games, then my favorite game without a doubt is Bloodborne. It might be my favorite game period. ?

If we talk about 'soulslike' games by other developers, then Nioh takes the cake, by a mile. The combat is just so much fun and varied, the setting is appealing (soooo looking forward to Sekiro), and the higher difficulties really force you to optimize your build. After getting the platinum I took a break and then went back to do all DLC in a row.. It was just so much fun deciding on a build and trying to optimize it for the "Way of the Demon" playthrough. I went with a dual sword "Sign of the Cross" build with extra damage from behind, and it was just a blast. 

Edited by Arcesus7
  • Like 1

On 1/20/2019 at 3:41 AM, Bullstomp said:

King's Field 1 and 2 turned me on to From games. King's Field with today's technology would be amazing!

Good to see someone else appreciate these.  I loved them when I was a teenager when they first came out, they were pretty challenging back then.

I don't know if you've played it already or not, but on PS4 theres a PS2 classic called Eternal Ring that has trophies that's made by FROM Software and is pretty much just like the old King's Field games.

On 1/20/2019 at 3:59 AM, Bloodytears1666 said:

Against a lot of critic, and dislikes, my favorite was Dark Souls 2.

Dark Souls 2 (SotFS that is) was my favorite as well, but I can admit it is not the best graphically and performance wise and the worlds were not that well connected/

I liked the changes they made to make things fresh so to speak like the Bonfire Aesthetic and Branch of Yor. Also, like the soundtrack and the story was a bit more understandable compared to the others.

I would have to say demons souls! Because I got that game when it first came out! So I was not really knowing what to expect. Before that I have never played anything like it before! The joy, addiction and frustration I have felt during that game has never been matched by any other game since. I remember actually getting scared when I was invaded while carrying a large amount of souls. And knowing this is it.. Either him or me! And the invasions were fun. Now they are just gank fests. 3 people waiting for you to invade and they surround you before you can even do anything. Kill you and then do some type of gesture like they think they have skills.. Ahhhh I miss the demons souls days! lol

Bloodborne - I find it interesting that this became my favourite. I never bought the game because I wasn't enthusiastic enough of the games theme to bother. I had enjoyed Souls a decent amount before but the world and theme was one of the main draws to the game. But, when it was free on Plus I gave it a crack and whilst I'm still not a massive fan of the world compared to Souls, I did find the combat much more fun and fighting through areas did feel a bit less of a chore. In Souls I mostly just wanted to explore and get to the bosses, enemies were just filler. In Bloodborne I wanted to kill everything I came across just as an excuse for more combat.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:34 AM, NaseemJohn said:

Nioh and Bloodborne. Nioh easily has the best combat and boss fights which makes it my favourite. 

Same here the only 2 souls likes I have platinumed so far.  Really hoping Sekiro lives up to my expectations and can make it to the top of my list as well.

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2019 at 2:21 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

Soul Blazer...COME ON SQUARENIX RERELEASE THIS SERIES :shakefist:

Forget about it. Squeenix only seems to release old Square games. Thus, you get junk like Romancing Saga 2, but you can't even get a proper NES Dragon Warrior tetrology (to say nothing of Enix published titles like Soul Blazer).

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My most favourite Soulsborne game is Dark Souls 1. Started with it, still the one I love the most.

The most favourite Souls-like I guess it's Salt and Sanctuary. Combat, skill tree, bosses, atmosphere , STORY (seriously after reading the Drowned Tome my mind was wtf). Loving it

What are some “Souls-like” games that aren’t related to DS/Bloodborne, or even by FromSoft?

I know of a few games like Nioh, Salt and Sanctuary, Hollow Knight, Lords of the Fallen, Sinner: Sacrifice for Redemption, but I haven’t played any of them yet. I played a weird little indie game recently called Blade & Bones that was clearly inspired by Dark Souls.

Are there any other titles out there that are similar? 

• Like 1

Need to finish Bloodborne (or at least put more time in) and never played Demon's Souls, but Dark Souls II: SotFS is my favorite. It's probably the worst from a technical level and among other things, but it was my favorite to play. Love the music, hexes, armor/weapon sets, music and my favorite story.

6 hours ago, rotoninja said:

Need to finish Bloodborne (or at least put more time in) and never played Demon's Souls, but Dark Souls II: SotFS is my favorite. It's probably the worst from a technical level and among other things, but it was my favorite to play. Love the music, hexes, armor/weapon sets, music and my favorite story.

The music is so good you listed it twice eh? ;) 

I'll need to give it a listen at the very least then.