Should I buy this game? Is this game any good?

kcajlliw

I would like to give you a much further in depth review but I have only played about 4 or 5 hours. Take into consideration this is just my opinion:

+ Presentation is really unique

+ Graphics and sound are top notch

+ I'm liking the career progression

+ Different types of races are cool

+ The drifting is cool as I am becoming more accustomed to it

- I just can't get used to the camera view 

- Steering seems twitchy (Dualshock) but I have not played with the settings

- I usually play on Medium but the above 2 things have made me change it to easy so I don't get frustrated

- Most of the tier 1 cars are rear wheel drift cars (8/14 at least)

I have not played online yet so I can't offer any help. To be honest I'm a tad disappointed as GRID 1 was one of my favorite racing games of all times. I'm just giving you my very early impressions, I'm hoping it will suck me in once I get to the level 2 and 3 cars. I have a couple racing friends on my list that absolutely love it as well.

• Like 3

I am an avid racing fan, and a huge fan of Codemasters racing games, so my opinion may be a little bias, but I love the game. Graphics are amazing, game progression is fresh, controls are easy to get used to and the online is great. Now, the downside to both solo and online, is the 'demolition derby' that people try to make it. In solo mode, the AI drives pretty wreckless, so you will become good friends with the rewind feature of the game. On the flipside, when playing online, half the people will think it's a demolition derby and drive full speed into the corners and take out whoever is in their way. Honestly, if you can make it through turn one and still be in the top 5, you're doing good.

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to give you a much further in depth review but I have only played about 4 or 5 hours. Take into consideration this is just my opinion:

+ Presentation is really unique

+ Graphics and sound are top notch

+ I'm liking the career progression

+ Different types of races are cool

+ The drifting is cool as I am becoming more accustomed to it

- I just can't get used to the camera view 

- Steering seems twitchy (Dualshock) but I have not played with the settings

- I usually play on Medium but the above 2 things have made me change it to easy so I don't get frustrated

- Most of the tier 1 cars are rear wheel drift cars (8/14 at least)

I have not played online yet so I can't offer any help. To be honest I'm a tad disappointed as GRID 1 was one of my favorite racing games of all times. I'm just giving you my very early impressions, I'm hoping it will suck me in once I get to the level 2 and 3 cars. I have a couple racing friends on my list that absolutely love it as well.

It has been just about a month since this post, any other details you'd like to share? I'm looking into this games as well since like you, GRID was one of my favorite racing games this generation and this one just doesn't seem like it captures the magic of the original. I like hearing other peoples opinions though. Thanks. 

Parker

I'm in the middle of a move right now so I have not added a ton of time I usually add  to my racing games. With that being said I till stand by my initial views. I am into the second season (5 total I think) and it's been an average experience. I have been racing the tier 2 and a few tier 3 cars now, they handle better and are better to drive. I can give thumbs up for the variation of tracks and game modes (live routes is awesome and should be incorporated in every race game), but the entire experience has been average. I was hoping for an experience that I wouldn't want to put the game down... well this is not it. Not bad but nothing earth shattering. My other friends that have the game have also cooled on it as well. Wait until it drops in price.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

People like this game? It's fucking terrible and I loved the 1st GRID. 90% of the cars handle like they're on ice because the devs had an obsession with going sideways. Online is a joke...I can normally tollerate games enough to plat them but this is testing my patience.

I like racing games in general and usually spend a lot of time playing them, but for some reason this one could not interest me long enough sadly. maybe i should go back soon and see what was the reason. And if i knew it was going to be free on ps+ i would have waited. I paid the full price at day one.

• 3 years later...

I like it. The handling is VERY arcadish and you are completely free to beat your car to death rubbing the corners without much of a penalty. I just noticed the Vanishing Point trophy, so now I really want to progress into the game far enough to get my hands on a Challenger and make it a reality. (For those that don't know, Vanishing Point is a 1971 movie starring Barry Newman and Cleavon Little and it was billed as the Ultimate Car Chase Movie. It is my #4 overall of Car Chase Movies Category IMO).

MV5BNTU5ODY5NjY0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDI4OTQyMQ@@._V1_.jpg