PSNP Interviews: DrBloodmoney

Dragon-Archon

Really nice read (I can tell you put a lot of time and effort into it!) and thanks for the shoutout @DrBloodmoney! I try to at least to put reason behind my posts and avoid attacking others with any post I make (or at least slip in a decent pun) from when I was 19 to now when I'm 26. I know what it feels like to be bullied and betrayed. Spoiler alert: it feels awful. I realize that forums like this are susceptible to bullying and even though it's not face-to-face, the psychological impact can still be the same. Therefore, I refrain from posting anything that can be seen as malicious for the most part.

Anyways, I'll just leave my comments here to some of the Q/As.

As someone who has given swim lessons a few years ago to someone with Asperger's and I can probably relate a little bit with you. It definitely takes a lot of patience and a certain frame of mind when it comes to autism. It's also... I'm not sure what word to use here... interesting? inspirational?  to here how you went from struggling with alcoholism to being a family man. I've never excessively drank before because I've seen what excessive drinking and alcoholism does to people, and I never want to put my loved ones in that position. It's frankly hard to watch and sad which is why I would never do it.

I also like your taste in games. I've played some SNES games, but unfortunately, I missed out on Earthbound do to it never really reaching the U.S. shores. I recently started playing Mother 3 which I believe is supposed to be pretty similar, and if that's the case, I would probably love it. Mother 3 and Nier Automata probably have the coolest opening sequences I've ever seen in gaming. Nier Automata more for it's astounding gameplay and Mother 3 for the story-telling and sheer shock factor. Funny how you mentioned both of those games/series.

I think your mindset on trophies is identical with mine. It's more or less "if it's fun, then I'll do it." or "if it's not fun, then I'll pass." Trophies should be about having fun, trying new challenges that maybe, without trophies, you'd never think of attempting. Life's too damn short to sit there and play a single game 200+ hours if you are bored out of your mind after the 40th hour. Sometimes, it makes me wonder whether people like playing games or if they just like popping trophies and getting that feeling of accomplishment. Food for thought I guess.

I love your definition of love as well (pun not intended) and how "love at first sight" is utter BS. Could not agree more. It's 100% lust at that point. I think real love and relationships take work. The reason two people got together in the first place may have started off as lust, but in the end, I think it's the trusting bonds two people make together that makes for a long, happy marriage. I say this, yet, I'm very particular on what type of women I want to date and have said no to girls in the past because of how they look and did not even try to get to know them better (I had a faint idea, but I wasn't willing to go further). In that sense, I guess I'm a hypocrite too.

My favorite episode of SP is where they vote between a turd sandwich and giant douche for their mascot. That episode just hits too straight to home here in the U.S. xD

Anyways, I could probably respond to more, but I think I'll stop here. I don't want a giant post and most people would probably wouldn't read it to its entirety. 

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Grammar
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zedymieon77 said:

@DrBloodmoney If you can have one person do an audible narration of your books, who would you have do it? That aside, the premise of your books seems interesting so it's something to look at next time I'm Kindle shopping. 

Lol, well, if I could have one person narrate them my first instinct is to say Tom Waits - but then, the phonebook would feel like an amazing narrative if it was narrated by Tom Waits! 

Thinking about it though, the majority of my main characters are female (both heroes and villains), so I suspect it would be only fitting to have a strong female voice as the narrator.

I’d go with Brodie Dalle - her voice is intense!

• Like 1

Thanks for being subtle, and not making it *entirely* obvious I'm the one you always disagree with.

Simpsons is worth diving back into for the love of the show, but not really just for genuine amusement / enjoyment. 4 or 5 years ago me, the missus, and a couple mates burned through the entirety of the Simpsons (25/26 seasons at that point) over the two week school holidays, a lot of pizza and Coke was consumed. It was great. Weirdest thing was I did it because I wanted to get back into the show after falling out, I thought there'd be at least 5 or so seasons I'd not seen but then, to my surprise, there was maybe one episode in every twenty or so that I hadn't seen already. Turns out they're just not that memorable at all. Old Simpsons is as gold as ever but new Simpsons is just a different show, not bad so much as different. The writing style is completely different, certain jokes and formulas, they just wouldn't fly on the old version. But anyway, the real reason I'm bothering to respond about The Simpsons is to say that if you yearn for the *style* of writing, characters, and stories, from the gold ol' days as it were, I would STRONGLY recommend you check out a show called Mission Hill. It's by Bill Oakley and Josh Weinstein, who were show runners on multiple seasons of the Simpsons' hey day, it's a fantastic show that only lasted 1 season unfortunately. I actually watched a bit of it when I was way younger, a few episodes here and there at age 7 or so, and all I remembered was the color palette and hair color of the leads and could never track it down, then one day maybe two years back I was watching a Simpsons retrospective on YouTube and the title card popped up and I was like THIS IS IT AFTER 15 FUCKING YEARS I'VE FINALLY FOUND YOU and I went through the whole season in a couple days and it was just so freaking good, I cannot recommend it enough for a fan of classic Simpsons, here hit it up https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission_Hill_(TV_series)

What an amazing interview, I love all the detailed answers, you can really feel the passion he feels. I always love learning how people came up with their usernames, and for a second when I saw "Blitzen" under Pokemon I thought he was gonna say Blaziken and I was about to be like YES ANOTHER BLAZIKEN FAN  :P but oh well lol

Thanks for the shoutout @DrBloodmoney, not sure why but hey :P

I share your views on the gaming sessions, I do not like them. Even joining one you end up just setting it all up through PSN, so it may as well be like .org with threads for it instead. Since it results in the same thing. And you can't even join one if you 'don't own' [have trophies in] the game, which is silly since for a lot of games you could start with the MP first and want to get that out of the way before doing anything else and are just waiting for some people to grind that out before you commit. idk

No offense but why was he interviewed? His profile is not that impressive. Though I respect him for not having a boatload of insta and 30min platinums like so many trophy whores. But there are people on my friends list who are far more impressive. Is he a celebrity in real life or something?

42 minutes ago, pahiran said:

No offense but why was he interviewed? His profile is not that impressive. Though I respect him for not having a boatload of insta and 30min platinums like so many trophy whores. But there are people on my friends list who are far more impressive. Is he a celebrity in real life or something?

I think you have to volunteer yourself for them.

But more to the point, what was the point of being rude? I just had another look at his profile and it did seem impressive to me, quite a few ultra rares etc. And tbh, I’m much more interested in hearing about why people care about the games they like.

Edited by Charizarzar
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

I was the first member who sprang to your mind for a shoutout?! 1f633.png

Very weird, I can barely get onto this site these days. Nonetheless, it's flattering to know someone remembers me. 

Thanks for doing the interview, was good to get to know you better! Thanks @Dragon-Archon and @DrBloodmoney!

I was wondering if you stopped logging in. It's been a long time since I've seen you online.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...